Reporter covering oil spill harrassed on a public beach

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giozCCjlQu4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - BP Blocks Media Access[/ame]
Wait..Didn't the BP CEO claim that they weren't stopping reporters from talking to workers? Guess this guy didn't get the memo.

You lefties have some weird definitions. Reminds of me of last week when that Sangha loser tried to classify picketing as terrorism

Not trying to defend anything here, but I do agree with the part about safety. Interviewing workers actively engaged in their work, thus distracting them, is potentially dangerous. As for the rest of it, if I ran a business I would consider simply telling reporters they cannot interview my employees, while they are on the clock. If they want to talk to them, they can do so on the employees free time, if the employees want to talk to them. That would be up to them though, not me.

WALKER: I’m going to try to talk to the worker under the tent. Can I do that?

OFFICIAL 1: No, no.

WALKER: He’s on break.

OFFICIAL 1: You are not allowed to interview any workers.

WALKER: The workers can talk to the media, according to the BP CEO two days ago. Still hasn’t trickled down to you all?

OFFICIAL 2: We already heard that one too.

WALKER: What do you mean you’ve “heard that one”? It’s true.

OFFICIAL 1: The e-mail did not explicitly give you permission to do that.

Not trying to defend anything here, but I do agree with the part about safety. Interviewing workers actively engaged in their work, thus distracting them, is potentially dangerous. As for the rest of it, if I ran a business I would consider simply telling reporters they cannot interview my employees, while they are on the clock. If they want to talk to them, they can do so on the employees free time, if the employees want to talk to them. That would be up to them though, not me.

Think I'll agree with you here. Who couldn't blame BP for wanting to keep as many people off the beaches as possible when people who are on the beaches are getting sick and BP is who's going to have to take care of those who get ill.

The garbage about public beach is just that, public facilities are closed to the public all the time.

You're not serious are you??

Asking a worker questions is dangerous????:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Asking a worker questions is dangerous????:lol::lol::lol:

When you put it that way,

no comment. :lol:

Did you watch the video at all? The worker was on break yes, but he was on break under a ten, ON THE BEACH. The objection was that the reporter couldn't be on the beach. If you don't understand the potential dangers of letting them be on the beach, well there is no hope for you.

Did you watch the video at all? The worker was on break yes, but he was on break under a ten, ON THE BEACH. The objection was that the reporter couldn't be on the beach. If you don't understand the potential dangers of letting them be on the beach, well there is no hope for you.

We have reporters in Afghanistan and Iraq for christs sake.

We have reporters in Afghanistan and Iraq for christs sake.

Indeed we do, and they have rules they must follow. There are certain places they can't be, AND they are there in limited numbers. How many reporters are lining the beaches right now and would swarm said beaches preventing any work from being done if they were allowed to do so?

I think he was joking with me, which is why I responded the way I did.

Forum List

Back