Report: Israel Airstrikes Hit Lebanon-Syria Border

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
Report: Israel Airstrikes Hit Lebanon-Syria Border

BEIRUT

February 25, 2014 (AP)

Associated Press

Israeli aircraft carried out two airstrikes Monday near the Lebanese-Syrian border, Lebanon's state news agency said. There was no immediate confirmation from Lebanese security officials, and the Israeli military declined comment.

Lebanon's National News Agency said the air raids took place near Nabi Sheet, a remote village in the eastern Bekaa Valley. The agency did not say what was targeted in the attack.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/report-israeli-airstrikes-hit-eastern-lebanon-22655930

Last edited:
Israeli airstrikes near Lebanon-Syria border

Israeli airstrikes: Residents in Nabi Sheet, a remote village in the eastern Bekaa Valley, reported hearing several explosions late Monday, but the nature of the blasts was unclear.

By Associated Press / February 24, 2014

BEIRUT, LEBANON
Israeli aircraft carried out two airstrikes Monday near the Lebanese-Syrian border, Lebanon's state news agency said. There was no immediate confirmation from Lebanese security officials, and the Israeli military declined comment.

Israeli strike indicates Syria, Hezbollah may have crossed its 'red line' (+video)
Syrian Army fires across border into Israel to retaliate for airstrikes

Lebanon's National News Agency said the air raids took place near Nabi Sheet, a remote village in the eastern Bekaa Valley. The agency did not say what was targeted in the attack.

The porous border is frequently used by fighters and smugglers to move people and weapons between Lebanon and Syria. The Lebanese Shiite militant Hezbollah group, a close ally of Syria and a bitter enemy ofIsrael, also has a strong presence in the Bekaa area.

A Lebanese army spokesman said he had no indication of any airstrikes in the area, but that authorities were investigating the reports.

Residents in Nabi Sheet reported hearing several explosions late Monday, but the nature of the blasts was unclear.

Jaafar al-Musawi, head of Nabi Sheet Municipality, told Lebanon's Al-Jadeed TV there was no airstrike on the town. "We heard warplanes followed by explosions, it could be along the border with Syria," he said.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights activist group said Israeli warplanes bombed a rocket launcher for Hezbollah fighters near the villages of Janta and Yahfoufa along the border. It was not known if the strikes hit inside Lebanese or Syrian territory, the Observatory added.

Israel and Hezbollah fought a bloody month-long war in 2006 that ended in a stalemate. Israeli officials believe Hezbollah has restocked its arsenal with tens of thousands of rockets and missiles, some of which are capable of striking virtually anywhere in the Jewish state.

While Israel has tried to stay out of the war in neighboring Syria, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has repeatedly threatened to take military action to prevent Syria from transferring sophisticated weapons to its ally Hezbollah. Over the past year, Israel has carried out several airstrikes inside Syria to halt suspected shipments of advanced missiles, including Russian-made anti-aircraft missiles and guided missiles from Iran, from reaching Hezbollah. Israel has never confirmed the airstrikes.

Israeli airstrikes near Lebanon-Syria border - CSMonitor.com

It's none of Israel's god-damn business what Syria does with it's missiles.

The air strikes are illegal. They're also another example of Israeli aggression against its neighbor's.

The air strikes are illegal. They're also another example of Israeli aggression against its neighbor's.

It's none of your God-damn business how Israel responds to Hezbollah aggression.
This is just another example of your hateful POV.

Yep, but then it's how Israel has been acting in that region for decades now. And if you are in any way critical of such flagrant aggression then you are an anti-semite.

To add a note of fairness to that I can also see what it must have been like in that nation's inception when everybody around you wants to wipe your country out but the way Israel acts keeps those people thinking that way, generation after generation. The word Custer springs to mind.

While I respect everyone's opinion, I hope you do me the same courtesy when I say

Go fuck yourself.

Typical LIB fuckwitt. Yes it is Israel's "business" when those missiles are being fired into residential neighborhoods in Israel.
We all know how famous "the Jews" are for not wasting money.
The next time you hear of Israel firing off ten million dollars worth of ordinance you might consider the possibility they had a good reason. Wake up!

Novasteve: Israel should be able to kill every man woman and child it wants. Mmmmmm man.

Hey libfag: You guys keep on accusing Israel of committing genoicide. But they must be really bad at it, when you compare them to nazi germany. How stupid does that make you feel? Meanwhile you are throwing tantrums over israel killing terrorists, while you don't care about hundreds of thousands dead in a syrian civil war. Only when jews are involved, then you get really mad. But no way are you an antisemite. I mean, the only country on earth that you think has no right to exist, is the only jewish one. But that's just a coincidence. No way you are an antisemite.

Novasteve: Israel should be able to kill every man woman and child it wants. Mmmmmm man.

How much does it pain you to know Israel has killed less palestinians in 60 plus years than Jordan did in two weeks in 1970?

Were I to know that it may pain me. It doesn't as I don't know that and given that you are saying it's true I still don't know it as you twist everything to your depressingly narrow minded and bigotted worldview. I know that Israel behaves very badly, I also know that Hezbollah and Hamas do also. My tax dollars don't buy the bullets that Hamas and Hezbollah fire though.

How much does it pain you to know Israel has killed less palestinians in 60 plus years than Jordan did in two weeks in 1970?

Were I to know that it may pain me. It doesn't as I don't know that and given that you are saying it's true I still don't know it as you twist everything to your depressingly narrow minded and bigotted worldview. I know that Israel behaves very badly, I also know that Hezbollah and Hamas do also. My tax dollars don't buy the bullets that Hamas and Hezbollah fire though.
Obviously the 'sand monkeys' who belong to Hamas and Hezbollah don't buy their bullets, rockets, IEDs/mortars/rifles/high explosives. They can't get it together to keep the water/lights turned on.
So who do you think supplies them? Russia via Syria and Iran via Syria.
As long as that is happening, AKA forever, the 'West' will continue to help Israel defend itself.
Have a nice day living on Uranus.
If you object to 'your tax dollars' such as they are, helping defend Israel you ought to move out of the country. That's what a real man of principle would do right?
Have you seen Israel's new mobile 'Rail guns"? The 'sand-monkeys' in Hamas and Hezbolla are going to be given the honor of seeing for themselves what a railgun can do soon. Then there's Israel's new 'LAWS' system. And Israels MDS. Meanwhile the 'sand-monkeys' are having trouble figuring out how not to blow themselves up while making fertilizer bombs.

Are you aware of the fact that Hezbollah is a terror organization?

Are you a terrorist sympathizer?

I'm aware that Nelson Mandella was a "terrorist" until well in to his old age. Hezbollah runs schools and hospitals, I don't define that as terrorist unless you also define the Israeli government as terrorist in which case I'll agree with your unbiased standpoint, otherwise it's not a terror organisation in my eyes.

Obviously the 'sand monkeys' who belong to Hamas and Hezbollah don't buy their bullets, rockets, IEDs/mortars/rifles/high explosives. They can't get it together to keep the water/lights turned on.
So who do you think supplies them? Russia via Syria and Iran via Syria.
As long as that is happening, AKA forever, the 'West' will continue to help Israel defend itself.
Have a nice day living on Uranus.
If you object to 'your tax dollars' such as they are, helping defend Israel you ought to move out of the country. That's what a real man of principle would do right?
Have you seen Israel's new mobile 'Rail guns"? The 'sand-monkeys' in Hamas and Hezbolla are going to be given the honor of seeing for themselves what a railgun can do soon. Then there's Israel's new 'LAWS' system. And Israels MDS. Meanwhile the 'sand-monkeys' are having trouble figuring out how not to blow themselves up while making fertilizer bombs.

A man of principle wouldn't move, he'd try and change things, a coward would run.

And I'm not going to bother responding to anything else you say as you blatantly use inflamatory and offensive language. I won't debate the Middle East with people who use "Kyke" or "sand monkey" as terms.

Are you aware of the fact that Hezbollah is a terror organization?

Are you a terrorist sympathizer?

I'm aware that Nelson Mandella was a "terrorist" until well in to his old age. Hezbollah runs schools and hospitals, I don't define that as terrorist unless you also define the Israeli government as terrorist in which case I'll agree with your unbiased standpoint, otherwise it's not a terror organisation in my eyes.

Terrorist lover.

No point arguing with one.

Forum List

Back