Report: 1 in 4 Holocaust survivors suffers poverty

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by Lipush, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Lipush

Lipush עם הנצח &#1500

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,296
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,649
    In Israel can help anyone who wishes to become involved in helping to sponsor elderly Jews in Russia, helping others make aliyah, etc. We give to IFCJ and it is a great organization for reaching out with practical needs, food boxes, etc.

If anyone isn't part of one of those programs I would urge them to get involved. The surest path to joy is helping someone elses life become better. Survivors of the holocaust have been through more than any of us and there shouldn't be a single one in need of anything! We need to change that. - Jeremiah

3. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,643
    Israel has plenty of money when it comes to buying weapons and building new settlements on Palestinian land.

Which makes me think the zionists know the Holocaust is just a ponzi scheme to make money.

And that's why they could care less about the so called holocaust survivors. :cool:

4. MHunterB

MHunterB Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    And you, of course, being from a religion which stresses charity and compassion, feel so much for the suffering of these elderly people that you mock their suffering.

I must say, "Sunni" - if your attitude derives from your interpretation of Islam, you are certainly not a very good student of your acquired faith.... You debase and defile it with such bigotry. Yes, the world surely needs a little more hatred and surliness!

5. Lipush

Lipush עם הנצח &#1500

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,296
    But what is that we expect from a Holocaust denier?

6. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,643
    I am in No way mocking these elderly people and the abject poverty they must spent their remaining years living in.

But I am taking great umbrage at the callus and uncaring stance of the Israeli government towards these impoverished people.

Surely you feel the same way? :cool:

7. Unkotare

Unkotare Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,896
    It's a shame that even a thread like this brings out the worst in bigoted scum like sunnidog.

8. Lipush

Lipush עם הנצח &#1500

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,296
    To the ISSUE, now. Personally I think one of the first things the New Israeli coalition needs to do is to change the budget so the children, the ones with special needs, and Holocaust survivors, will get what they need.

The generation of Holocaust survivors are the people who built this state with their own hands and we must do EVERY possible thing, so that they could live the last years of their lives in respect and disnity.

I myself happen to be from a family of Holocaust survivors, only 1 survivor from my family still lives today, and is one of the last Mengele Twins still able to tell his story. Thankfully, he is living a respected life, has a loving wife, 3 sons and more than 10 grandchildren. I wish that all Holocaust survivors could live like he lives today. We must do what we can to help them.

9. Hossfly

Hossfly Zionut & Dittohead Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,397
    Why, Sunni Man, all the heads of those oil-rich Arab states seem to have plenty of money for more palaces, silver-plated cars, and their regular jaunts to such places like London with their huge families, so perhaps they can pitch in to help their poor fellow Muslims. We can divert the money that Americans send to places like Somalia where the people are dropping dead in the roads because of starvation and send the money instead to the starving people in Israel. By the way, perhaps if Israel didn't have to give benefits to the Muslims who have several wives and each wife having a slew of kids (just like the Muslim man who a few years ago had 54 kids and was hoping to reach 100), Israel could use the money to feed the poor Holocaust victims. By the way, Sunni Man, as an allegedly good Muslim convert, have you ever sent in any money to UNICEF or C.A.R.E. to help your poverty-stricken brethren in many parts of the Muslim world.

10. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,796
    Israel needs "death panels"?

Those people are old and only a burden on society.