Reply To The Tim Tebow Thing...........

Sorry bout that,

1. This is amazing, why does a person who slams God at every turn bother to do anything good?
2. There is no one to prove anything to in his mind, there is no God to him, there is no eternal reward for doing whats right for him, he hates everything good, and still finds some reason to do some good, as far as I can tell he is the anti-christ, he hates God so much, he goes out of his way to attack Jesus' followers, like those stories in the Bible, of a man who lived in a cave, and no man could tame him, cutting himself, not being able to be bound by chains, broke usunder.
3. I think it must be a remnant of the earlier soul that used to live inside this person, who can't be hid, the main evil person that resides within him, more or less controls *all* aspects of his life, but this is amazing, and brings all sorts of questions to mind.
4. The Salvation Army does so much good, and in his mind, he can't support it, because they do the good they do, for God, so he hates them.
5. Keep your money, if you can't give to Gods work, doing good, just keep it, it will corrupt with you, you have it, Judas.

Regards,
SirJamsofTexas

Oh I've told the story before. I was in a neighboring town passing a shopping mall when a shiny new Cadillac Escalade merged in from my right. The first thing I noticed was a gold "Christian Fish" decal on the back just beneath the rear window. As the driver completed the merge I saw a large bumper sticker, "This Family Is Blessed." My thoughts immediately went to the nearly a billion, mostly children, who are starving or suffering from malnutrition. Why would anyone....much less a Christian believe god wants them to drive a luxurious automobile while so many people are starving.

Then it occurred to me that having been brainwashed as children people cannot be blamed for never knowing what's in the bible:

Luke 16:19-31 (KJV) (Verse 19) There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: (Vs 20) And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, (Vs 21) And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. (Vs 22) And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; (Vs 23) And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. (Vs 24) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. (Vs 25) But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. (Vs 26) And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. (Vs 27) Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: (Vs 28) For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. (Vs 29) Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. (Vs 30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. (Vs 31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
I have told you before, stop quoting the bible to support your stupidity. It is stupid to use something you don't believe in to support you. I think maybe you are just one big fat liar just stirring up trouble.

He can't help it if there is just so much that supports stupidity in that book.

Sorry bout that,

1. This is amazing, why does a person who slams God at every turn bother to do anything good?
2. There is no one to prove anything to in his mind, there is no God to him, there is no eternal reward for doing whats right for him, he hates everything good, and still finds some reason to do some good, as far as I can tell he is the anti-christ, he hates God so much, he goes out of his way to attack Jesus' followers, like those stories in the Bible, of a man who lived in a cave, and no man could tame him, cutting himself, not being able to be bound by chains, broke usunder.
3. I think it must be a remnant of the earlier soul that used to live inside this person, who can't be hid, the main evil person that resides within him, more or less controls *all* aspects of his life, but this is amazing, and brings all sorts of questions to mind.
4. The Salvation Army does so much good, and in his mind, he can't support it, because they do the good they do, for God, so he hates them.
5. Keep your money, if you can't give to Gods work, doing good, just keep it, it will corrupt with you, you have it, Judas.

Regards,
SirJamsofTexas

Oh I've told the story before. I was in a neighboring town passing a shopping mall when a shiny new Cadillac Escalade merged in from my right. The first thing I noticed was a gold "Christian Fish" decal on the back just beneath the rear window. As the driver completed the merge I saw a large bumper sticker, "This Family Is Blessed." My thoughts immediately went to the nearly a billion, mostly children, who are starving or suffering from malnutrition. Why would anyone....much less a Christian believe god wants them to drive a luxurious automobile while so many people are starving.

Then it occurred to me that having been brainwashed as children people cannot be blamed for never knowing what's in the bible:

Luke 16:19-31 (KJV) (Verse 19) There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: (Vs 20) And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, (Vs 21) And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. (Vs 22) And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; (Vs 23) And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. (Vs 24) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. (Vs 25) But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. (Vs 26) And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. (Vs 27) Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: (Vs 28) For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. (Vs 29) Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. (Vs 30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. (Vs 31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
I have told you before, stop quoting the bible to support your stupidity. It is stupid to use something you don't believe in to support you. I think maybe you are just one big fat liar just stirring up trouble.

What's in the bible made me the way I am. I read the thing before I was twenty years old. I have read the new testament no less than ten times. Folks who profess that they have all manner of faith in a Christian god should do the same thing. Most of them can't quote 20 verses from memory.

Last edited:
i always give to the salvation army and wished i could give more...operation smile train..there are two big charities in this are good....i think a total op is 250...i use to give heifer international but they are now spending way too much to raise the funds.....there is one charity that 99 cents of the dollar goes to the cause...

Hunger Defense Fund : : Giving food to those who are going hungry. It is that simple.

My wife and I have given generously to Smile Train but lately we've learned a few things we don't like. Read this piece. CEO's who earn multi millions kinda turn me off:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/24/business/24smile.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Here's the Wang guys worth:

Wang, Charles B.
56 , Self made
Source: Software, Computer Associates

Net Worth: $890 mil
Hometown: Long Island, New York
Marital Status: married , 3 children
Education: BA/BS from CUNY Queens

Good to be the boss: last year Wang awarded himself $670 million worth of restricted stock. Not so good to be the boss: forced to return more than a quarter of that in June after shareholders filed suit. Enough of this boss business: stepped down as chief executive after stock dropped more than 50% in two months; friend and chief operating officer Sanjay Kumar will run CA day-to-day. Wang born in Shanghai, fled with family 1952. Graduated from Queens College with math degree, started company 1976. IPO 1981; now third-largest software maker in the world behind Microsoft, Oracle. With Kumar, bought professional hockey's New York Islanders in June. Also owns 58 properties in Oyster Bay, N.Y. through their Island Properties. Supports Make-A-Wish Foundation and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

Seems like there's always something.

Last edited:

What's in the bible made me the way I am. I read the thing before I was twenty years old. I have read the new testament no less than ten times. Folks who profess that they have all manner of faith in a Christian god should do the same thing. Most of them can't quote 20 verses from memory.

You said almost the exact same thing in another thread Joe. Tell me, if you where so Baptist, Why were you doing hailmarys in church ?

Last edited:

Log meet splinter

You said almost the exact same thing in another thread Joe. Tell me, if you where so Baptist, Why were you doing hailmarys in church ?

I've never done the first hail mary in my life. I said I wrote that basically making fun of the Catholics. Didn't you catch that thing about Catholic kids getting their rocks off.

You do remember that a third of the priests and bishops were sucking off kids and every cardinal and the pope were moving them around trying to hide them don't you. So much for celibacy.

Last edited:
............We used to give to the Salvation Army but a few years ago they started pushing the church stuff so we bailed on them. We give what we can to Operation Smile Train....an organi ation which provides corrective surgery to 3rd world children born with cleft palates and or lips. I'll admit I don't give like I should but I've been retired for seventeen years.

By the way....those Tebow, Petty foundations are a great way to provide $100K jobs for relatives. Bob Dole's wife drew $300,000 a year from the Red Cross for years.

You should try giving without leaving your name and address.

Then again, if you did that you would have to pay higher taxes because you wouldn't be able to deduct your giving. (That, by the way, is what Jesus was talking about when he said "Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.")

Holy cow, they won't give to the Salvation Army because they push a church thing?

If you look at all MAJOR DISASTERS it's the Salvation Army who is always there.

I have never seen a more bunch of PETTY people.

I used to ring a bell at Christmas, I heard lots of stories favorably comparing the Salvation Army to the Red Cross or the USO.

............We used to give to the Salvation Army but a few years ago they started pushing the church stuff so we bailed on them. We give what we can to Operation Smile Train....an organi ation which provides corrective surgery to 3rd world children born with cleft palates and or lips. I'll admit I don't give like I should but I've been retired for seventeen years.

By the way....those Tebow, Petty foundations are a great way to provide $100K jobs for relatives. Bob Dole's wife drew $300,000 a year from the Red Cross for years.

Then again, if you did that you would have to pay higher taxes because you wouldn't be able to deduct your giving. (That, by the way, is what Jesus was talking about when he said "Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.")

So now you're like a preacher....know what Jesus was thinking. That used to fascinate me. Preachers talking about god did this, god did that, What god was saying was, what god thought, god this, god that. etc. What makes me laugh out loud is at funerals when some country preacher looks folks in the eye and declares that the deceased is in heaven and if you don't want to be burning in hell you will fall down on your knees, repent and be bapti ed. I have actually looked them in the eye and laughed out loud. About a year ago I lost a friend over that.

Last edited:

If the Bible is nothing more than a book it has no power to make you into anything. The only way it could do anything to you is if it has supernatural powers. If you are going to make a claim like that I want proof. I need scientific evidence to back your claim up. Do you have documentation that before you read the Bible you were substantially different than you are now? Was the change sudden, or gradual? Can you document the degree of change?

By the way, I read the New Testament 12 times.

This year.

I do the same every year, and I also read the Old Testament 4 times a year. My guess is your knowledge of the Bible is about the equivalent of your knowledge of the universe, sadly pathetic and inaccurate. You want to try and actually prove me wrong?

So now you're like a preacher....know what Jesus was thinking. That used to fascinate me. Preachers talking about god did this, god did that, What god was saying was, what god thought, god this, god that. etc. What makes me laugh out loud is at funerals when some country preacher looks folks in the eye and declares that the deceased is in heaven and if you don't want to be burning in hell you will fall down on your knees, repent and be bapti ed. I have actually looked them in the eye and laughed out loud. About a year ago I lost a friend over that.

Where did I say I know what Jesus was thinking?

What I clearly said was that Jesus urged everyone to give secretly. If you can point to anything in the Bible that proves me wrong feel free to do so. If not, feel free to continue your strawmen arguments and ad hominems, it is probably the best you can do with your poisoned brain anyway.

If the Bible is nothing more than a book it has no power to make you into anything. The only way it could do anything to you is if it has supernatural powers. If you are going to make a claim like that I want proof. I need scientific evidence to back your claim up. Do you have documentation that before you read the Bible you were substantially different than you are now? Was the change sudden, or gradual? Can you document the degree of change?

By the way, I read the New Testament 12 times.

This year.

I do the same every year, and I also read the Old Testament 4 times a year. My guess is your knowledge of the Bible is about the equivalent of your knowledge of the universe, sadly pathetic and inaccurate. You want to try and actually prove me wrong?

If you believe that stone age tale you are wrong.....I don't have to prove anything.

Sorry bout that,

Campbell wrote:

"What's in the bible made me the way I am. I read the thing before I was twenty years old. I have read the new testament no less than ten times. Folks who profess that they have all manner of faith in a Christian god should do the same thing. Most of them can't quote 20 verses from memory. "

1. Here is what is so whacked about Campbell, here he is professing how much he has studied the word of God, ten whole times he read the Bible, is his claim, of course he is an expert on the subject matter of the Bible in his eyes, then he goes on to say that "All who profess to be Christians should read it, and be able to quote it. This is from the mind of a so called preacher, I think this rat was getting rich from *The Church* up till he had his pockets full, and wanted to retire.
2. Yup this guys is a far bigger piece of shit than you can imagine, but I can.
3. I am seldom wrong about these things, never doubt me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Campbell wrote:

"What's in the bible made me the way I am. I read the thing before I was twenty years old. I have read the new testament no less than ten times. Folks who profess that they have all manner of faith in a Christian god should do the same thing. Most of them can't quote 20 verses from memory. "

1. Here is what is so whacked about Campbell, here he is professing how much he has studied the word of God, ten whole times he read the Bible, is his claim, of course he is an expert on the subject matter of the Bible in his eyes, then he goes on to say that "All who profess to be Christians should read it, and be able to quote it. This is from the mind of a so called preacher, I think this rat was getting rich from *The Church* up till he had his pockets full, and wanted to retire.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That's because you're a cynic about anyone who's beliefs differ from yours, instead of being a loving and accepting, respectful human being you're a snide, cocky, churlish little ass hole. Congratulations, you're Terral's clone. May you both rest in Holy Matrimony.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Campbell wrote:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That's because you're a cynic about anyone who's beliefs differ from yours, instead of being a loving and accepting, respectful human being you're a snide, cocky, churlish little ass hole. Congratulations, you're Terral's clone. May you both rest in Holy Matrimony.

1. I will consider the source on this comment, from some loon rapper, who thinks he can sing? singing isn't rap, its crap talking.
2. I nor God will love or accept Campbell now, he has betrayed the faith on all counts, is what I've read, where have you been?
3. And who is Terral?
4. Go back to nowhere where you belong GT.
5. And stop making that *crap*, you know it sucks, people will do anything for an imagined dollar.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Campbell wrote:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. I will consider the source on this comment, from some loon rapper, who thinks he can sing? singing isn't rap, its crap talking.
2. I nor God will love or accept Campbell now, he has betrayed the faith on all counts, is what I've read, where have you been?
3. And who is Terral?
5. And stop making that *crap*, you know it sucks, people will do anything for an imagined dollar.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

^^ sings of a true WANNAbe Christian, right thurr. :lol:

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. And who is Terral?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Spoken by the *Boxing Rapper*. lol!!!!
2. And no, calling *rap*, *Hip Hop* doesn't make it sound better, its still the same old *crap rap*.
3. If I were you I'd throw in the gloves.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Campbell wrote:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Be gentle. Snide, cocky, churlish little assholes need love, too.

Actually, this thread was started because someone refused to give to a Christian-based charity. Some found this to be objectionable, but not for any reason I find legitimate. I doubt that Christians would give to a charity which was based upon the Islamic faith, and indeed it seems foolish to contribute to a belief system which is contrary to one's own, especially given that charity can be administered in many ways and in many places.

A hungry child does not question the motives of the man who feeds him, and a person who is truly caring would not condemn the child's benefactor because his gift was not offered in the name of Jesus or Allah, or because it was.

Let each give according to his or her own beliefs without presuming that they have a faith-based monopoly on charity and other noble aspects of human nature.

Some of you people deserve a good spanking.

Jeeeeez!

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. And who is Terral?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Spoken by the *Boxing Rapper*. lol!!!!
2. And no, calling *rap*, *Hip Hop* doesn't make it sound better, its still the same old *crap rap*.
3. If I were you I'd throw in the gloves.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You do good work for the devil, all of the being a small-person, belittling you do while hoisting yourself up as a "Sir!"

Hypocrisy needs to read and understand what the Bible actually says, if hypocrisy wants to contend that they are a follower of its teachings.

Forum List

Back