Reparations, Racism & Affirmative Action

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
At a social event last night one of my NRA type friends brought politics into the conversation the other night and asked if I believed in Reparations for blacks. Slavery was terrible, the government should put a huge gold statue of Harriet Tubman stomping down a pig next to every crumbling Robert E Lee statue they can find, but I don't believe in Reparations. Sins of the past and all.

He then asked about Affirmative Action. I told him I will believe in Affirmative Action until the day I stop hearing racist comments and "jokes" from the ignorant masses. So this fellow who has let me shoot his Romanian AK said, "Guess we'll have Affirmative Action for awhile" and the mood got somber for a couple good reasons and everyone nodded.

Hopefully my fellow posters remember what they say goes into other's views on policy.

At a social event last night one of my NRA type friends brought politics into the conversation the other night and asked if I believed in Reparations for blacks. Slavery was terrible, the government should put a huge gold statue of Harriet Tubman stomping down a pig next to every crumbling Robert E Lee statue they can find, but I don't believe in Reparations. Sins of the past and all.

They are sins that continue. But I also want to say that I agree with you about AA. I also think that people need to understand that AA is not just for blacks and in reality whites have benefitted the most.

White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents

They are sins that continue. But I also want to say that I agree with you about AA. I also think that people need to understand that AA is not just for blacks and in reality whites have benefitted the most.

White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents

jjust more proof your a racist,,,

Lol! The white racists get more desperate every day.

He then asked about Affirmative Action. I told him I will believe in Affirmative Action until the day I stop hearing racist comments and "jokes" from the ignorant masses. So this fellow who has let me shoot his Romanian AK said, "Guess we'll have Affirmative Action for awhile" and the mood got somber for a couple good reasons and everyone nodded.
Then you want affirmative discrimination forever...Off-color crude jokes will always be with us.

Pretty piss poor criteria.

Not nearly as desperate as attention whore black racists like you.

If Blacks ever got reparations in the form of cash payments the majority of Americans would be appalled and disgusted...including most African Americans....
So bring it on....and watch the dems sink future into the abyss....

we arent talking about them,,,its you thats a racist,,,

I generally oppose AA in its current practice. It has created a culture of lowered expectations for blacks. It is all fine in theory, but mediocre grades and SAT's scores should get you mediocre returns.

Affirmative Action- just one more leftyloon, racist policy that tells blacks (and the rest of the country) that blacks cannot make it without help.

Affirmative action has been the law of the land for 60 years. Blacks have received an advantage in schooling opportunities and jobs, yet racist blacks continue to whine.

Reparations will not stop the whining because it does not address why racist blacks whine. They whine because the whining, itself, gives them an advantage over whites as it allows them to act in any way they want while guilt-ridden white people treat them with kid gloves.

Non racist black people do not need reparations and racist blacks won't miss a beat when it comes to their whining, so why do it?

When the bully at school shakes you down for lunch money, does your handing it over to him make the bullying stop? No. It teaches him that bullying works.

I generally oppose AA in its current practice. It has created a culture of lowered expectations for blacks. It is all fine in theory, but mediocre grades and SAT's scores should get you mediocre returns.
The system is there to help them. Few avail themselves to it because of their shitty attitude towards education.

The system is there to help them. Few avail themselves to it because of their shitty attitude towards education.

If a B average gets a black kid admission to a better college and a scholarship but not a white or Asian kid, then the system is telling the black kid they don't need to work as hard. In reality, blacks are going to have to work harder to get even due to racism in the real world, so letting them work less hard inside academia is not preparing them. It is coddling them and setting them up for less than they otherwise could be achieving.

If Blacks ever got reparations in the form of cash payments the majority of Americans would be appalled and disgusted...including most African Americans....
AA is reparations. I think AA is fine if carefully targeted. Too much creates a backlash.

AA is reparations. I think AA is fine if carefully targeted. Too much creates a backlash.
There must be a time limit to affirmative action or it quickly becomes a negative action that will need to be affirmed in the future....

If a B average gets a black kid admission to a better college and a scholarship but not a white or Asian kid, then the system is telling the black kid they don't need to work as hard. In reality, blacks are going to have to work harder to get even due to racism in the real world, so letting them work less hard inside academia is not preparing them. It is coddling them and setting them up for less than they otherwise could be achieving.

AA is telling the black kid he's had a rougher go because of the racist pigs he's had to put up with.

My neighbors talk with me. I feel in the macro sense blacks do have it harder because of my racist pig neighborvs words and actions. the Mchael Brown stuff brought the Klansmen out of hiding.

When my neighbors learn to shut their mouths up I may tire of AA.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

AA is telling the black kid he's had a rougher go because of the racist pigs he's had to put up with.

My neighbors talk with me. I feel in the macro sense blacks do have it harder because of my racist pig neighborvs words and actions. the Mchael Brown stuff brought the Klansmen out of hiding.

Michael Brown?

So, when an enormous man grabs a store clerk around the knock and tosses him aside like a rag doll, and then advances on a policeman after already trying to overpower him in order to get his gun, if anybody refuses to join the group dedicated to lionizing the criminal, they are klansmen all of a sudden?

Michael Brown?

So, when an enormous man grabs a store clerk around the knock and tosses him aside like a rag doll, and then advances on a policeman after already trying to overpower him in order to get his gun, if anybody refuses to join the group dedicated to lionizing the criminal, they are klansmen all of a sudden?

Control your anger. I in no way defended Michael Brown. The world isnot that black and white (pun intended).

Ita just all the closet racists came out of the shadows after the riots (that I am not defending).

Those formerly closet racists who every so often you heard something out of or were quick to over react were now vocal and proud of their racism.

And reminded me AA is necessary.

Affirmative Action- just one more leftyloon, racist policy that tells blacks (and the rest of the country) that blacks cannot make it without help.

It tells blacks racism is real (which I agree with) and it levels the field a bit on the macro level I would argue.

There must be a time limit to affirmative action or it quickly becomes a negative action that will need to be affirmed in the future....
No time limit but you need to justify why you should get preference. Just being a member of a group shouldn't be enough.

Forum List

Back