Reparations in San Francisco

7b2ubp.jpg

Show me one black person alive that was a slave and I'll say give them some money. Anyone who wasn't a slave can go fuck off.

A long-awaited meeting of San Francisco’s board of supervisors was set this week to discuss the recommendation of its African American Reparations Advisory Committee to give $5 million to each eligible Black resident as reparations. The meeting was postponed, but the city and the state soon must make a decision on a bill that has come due for Democratic politicians.
Notably, California’s law expressly states that this money should not be treated as compensation for federal reparations. That raises the question of whether a resident could receive $5 million from San Francisco, $223,000 from the state, and additional payments from the federal government.

Some congressional Democrats have pushed for similar federal reparations and passed a bill out of the House Judiciary Committee in 2021 that failed to receive a floor vote. BET founder Robert Johnson has called for $14 trillion in federal reparations.

The cost of California’s statewide reparations is estimated to be $569 billion. The state’s annual budget is roughly half that amount, at $268 billion. Making things even more difficult, the state faces a $22.5 billion deficit and is seeking spending cuts to cover the shortfall.

I dunno how CA can possibly pay for that much in reparations, much less how the federal gov't could. I don't see it as likely with today's GOP House, but what if the democrats take it back in 2024, win the WH, and add to their Senate majority? And BTW replace one or two justices on the SCOTUS with liberal progressives?
I'm painting myself black, moving to SF, and want to be identified as a black person. Funny though how we always hear about hate crimes against Asians in the SF area and around California and yet here the left are, screwing over Asians in favor of blacks.

Last edited:
Seriously, patriots should -- quietly-- go into overtime supporting this demand.

We want to see it raised in every Blue state and every Blue city:
FIVE MILLION NOW OR FACE THE CONSEQENCES!

Emails, anonymous letters, leaflets put up and left lying around. We should be working double shifts to push the liberals into endorsing this demand.

Seriously, patriots should -- quietly-- go into overtime supporting this demand.

We want to see it raised in every Blue state and every Blue city:
FIVE MILLION NOW OR FACE THE CONSEQENCES!

Emails, anonymous letters, leaflets put up and left lying around. We should be working double shifts to push the liberals into endorsing this demand.
I agree. Let’s do it, and ensure the Republican wins.

Let’s focus our efforts on the swing states.

I agree. Let’s do it, and ensure the Republican wins.

Let’s focus our efforts on the swing states.
Too many people on the Right see politics as simply an extension of personal morality. You're just born that way. If someone isn't a fellow conservative, they must be irredeemably evil, or at least weak and dependent on government welfare. (And often their definition of 'conservative' is, 'someone who agrees with me on everything'.)

And if this is the case, then election campaigning is pointless: you can't change evil or weak persons into good ones by a few weeks of political exhortations.

It's a view of the world as fixed, unchangeable.

And it's one of the best ways to guarantee our defeat.

The 'Reparations' issue, with the insane amounts being pledged by Democrats, should be a 'Bridge at Remagen' moment for us, an opportunity to deal a decisive blow at the other side, an opportunity we should put a lot of energy into, even at the expense of other things.

Hold the Democrats to their promises! Obviously, this has do be done discreetly, even sureptitioiusly. It's in our interests for there to be, or to appear to be, a huge upwelling of support for this demand, so that it will be politically dangerous to back down from it.

The worst possible outcome would be for the Democrats to be able to say, "You see? We were going to give each of your $5 000 000, but a nasty old Republican judge stopped us!"

We want to argue that Reparations should be done on a state-by-state basis, by the states, not the Federal government. Let the Blue states bankrupt themselves, as they drown in crime, while the Red states fortify themselves and welcome refugees from the Blue states.

Too many people on the Right see politics as simply an extension of personal morality. You're just born that way. If someone isn't a fellow conservative, they must be irredeemably evil, or at least weak and dependent on government welfare. (And often their definition of 'conservative' is, 'someone who agrees with me on everything'.)

And if this is the case, then election campaigning is pointless: you can't change evil or weak persons into good ones by a few weeks of political exhortations.

It's a view of the world as fixed, unchangeable.

And it's one of the best ways to guarantee our defeat.

The 'Reparations' issue, with the insane amounts being pledged by Democrats, should be a 'Bridge at Remagen' moment for us, an opportunity to deal a decisive blow at the other side, an opportunity we should put a lot of energy into, even at the expense of other things.

Hold the Democrats to their promises! Obviously, this has do be done discreetly, even sureptitioiusly. It's in our interests for there to be, or to appear to be, a huge upwelling of support for this demand, so that it will be politically dangerous to back down from it.

The worst possible outcome would be for the Democrats to be able to say, "You see? We were going to give each of your $5 000 000, but a nasty old Republican judge stopped us!"

We want to argue that Reparations should be done on a state-by-state basis, by the states, not the Federal government. Let the Blue states bankrupt themselves, as they drown in crime, while the Red states fortify themselves and welcome refugees from the Blue states.
Brilliant, as always.

But I see one problem. The blue state refugees would flood the red states as they seek a new home but will bring their liberal policies with them (with the exception of being pro-reparations). If they come in enough numbers to swing states, such as California to Arizona, they could turn the state blue - and get more electoral votes due to the population growth, as well.

California, otoh, would lose electoral votes, but it would remain solidly blue.

Brilliant, as always.

But I see one problem. The blue state refugees would flood the red states as they seek a new home but will bring their liberal policies with them (with the exception of being pro-reparations). If they come in enough numbers to swing states, such as California to Arizona, they could turn the state blue - and get more electoral votes due to the population growth, as well.

California, otoh, would lose electoral votes, but it would remain solidly blue.
This assumes that people don't learn from experience. But some do. (Ask me how I know.)
It will be our job to educate the refugees.

And consider: in every Blue state, there are a large number of 'Red' voters. Just consider soon-to-be-bankrupt California -- in the last Senate election, the Leftist got a bit over 60% of the vote, the Righty just under 40%. (Basically, rural vs urban, see here:[ https://edition.cnn.com/election/2022/results/california ]

And it's going to get worse: [ The Great Abdication | City Journal ]

We could probably assume that 'Red' refugees will equal, or outnumber' 'Blue' ones. So they'll cancel each other out, at worst, and at best, we'll gain more than we lose.

And ... as Red states become more 'Red' -- forbidding the teaching of 'hate-Amerikkka' themes in schools, not allowing NAMBLA access to the kindergartens, requiring the Pledge of Allegiance at all publically-funded institutions and events -- we'll see a counter-current of 'Blue' refugees going to Red states. ( And we should do some 'affirmative action' to help this process along: I saw a video recently of a homeless person in Portland, Oregon being interviewed -- he had lived in Billings, Montana ... but the kindly government there paid his bus fare to Oregon, where he would be among friendly liberals, not mean old conservatives. This is the kind of thinking we need to be doing.)

A note to conservatives: we really ought to have some sort of co ordinated campaign to start raising the 'emigration' issue among conservatives trapped behind enemy lines.

To actually pick up stakes, sell your home, and move to a new location is a huge decision. So we need to raise the idea now, to get people thinking about it. We could form 'welcoming committees' for refugees, help them find homes and jobs. I have a friend in Pennsylvania who is now actively preparing to move to West Virginia, solely for political reasons, so I know this can happen. (The atmosphere in her current job is intolerable. She's a skilled accountant/cost-controller, if anyone here knows of a business in W. Virginia needing one.....)

There are realtors in some Red states who are actively soliciting refugee business. An example:
[ https://redoubtnews.com/ ]

Another point: looking at that map, whose color-scheme is reproduced in Oregon and Washington State -- Eastern rural counties are 'Red', Western and urban ones are 'Blue' -- suggests the idea of 'county option' -- seccession of counties to become part of an adjoining state. Unfortunately, there are few geographic population dispositions where the opposite could take place, where 'Blue' areas could leave a Red state and become part of an adjoing Blue state -- if there were, we could do swapsies.

Forum List

Back