Renting out the White House

Provide a single source of evidence that any donor got a big contract. I won't wait. By the way? Obama does no bid Contracts too.

Who's to say that we feel Obama gets a pass for no-bid contracts? Who's to say we don't feel Obama has been bought out, just like every other modern day president before him?

That's what kills me about you guys... your blind allegiance to the mantra of "every thing Obama does is bad/Everything the Republicans do is good".

BTW:

Big Contracts Went To Big Donors - CBS News

USATODAY.com - Study: Bush donors rake in contracts

All it takes is a search engine. Yeah... I know it's all Liberal opinion pieces like CBS News and USA Today.

And yet no charges, gosh like I said, EVIDENCE, not the mindless prattling of liberal reporters.

I knew you were going to do the "liberal reporter" thing. I know... if it doesn't Come from FOXNews, it's a lie. Besides... was it illegal. No question at all that it was immoral... but is it illegal?

Was it illegal for Weiner to show his wiener to some chick on the internet? No. Was it immoral... Hell yes.

Bush did it too: Bush Donors Stay The Night - CBS News

I don't know if I like it, but I definitely would prefer that big donors get a night in the lincoln bedroom instead of a billion-dollar federal contract. (As in, it's a little shady, but it certainly could be worse).

Provide a single source of evidence that any donor got a big contract. I won't wait. By the way? Obama does no bid Contracts too.

Who's to say that we feel Obama gets a pass for no-bid contracts? Who's to say we don't feel Obama has been bought out, just like every other modern day president before him?

That's what kills me about you guys... your blind allegiance to the mantra of "every thing Obama does is bad/Everything the Republicans do is good".

BTW:

Big Contracts Went To Big Donors - CBS News

USATODAY.com - Study: Bush donors rake in contracts

All it takes is a search engine. Yeah... I know it's all Liberal opinion pieces like CBS News and USA Today.

The contracts in the articles though were all for Iraq and Afghanistan, neither of which were on anybody's radar screen in the 2000 campaign. And the article says each one was in compliance with federal regulations and there were members of Congress who were beneficiaries of such donations as well as Bush/Cheney. We all know that EVERY president uses Halliburton because nobody else can do what Halliburton does. As for the other contracts, we would have to look at all one by one to determine if the firm indeed was the best choice for the job. If nobody could bid on contracts if they gave political donations to anybody, that would not only violate First Amendment rights but we wouldn't have anybody to do any job.

I have never criticized President Obama or any member of Congress or any other President/Congress for awarding legitimate contracts and I'm sure almost all receiving contracts gave political contributions to somebody.

But renting out the White House or using it as favors to SOLICIT contributions for an upcoming campaign is quite a different thing and is the thesis for this thread.

I don't know if I like it, but I definitely would prefer that big donors get a night in the lincoln bedroom instead of a billion-dollar federal contract. (As in, it's a little shady, but it certainly could be worse).

Well if Bush did it then it must be OK

:eusa_whistle:

My how far the Left has fallen when they must constantly justify Papa Obama's actions by comparing him to Bush
and so often as well.

----------------------------------------

Hitler was a Community Organizer

Or perhaps I was responding to this post... could that have been the case?

I've been there except of course in the President's private quarters. I agree using the people's property to raise money for one's campaign isn't classy. I just wonder if it has been common practice or is it a relatively new trend?

If I had "evidence", then someone would probably be on their way to jail. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen. And I've never claimed that Obama doesn't do the same thing - of course he does.

Well if Bush did it then it must be OK

My how far the Left has fallen when they must constantly justify Papa Obama's actions by comparing him to Bush
and so often as well.

----------------------------------------

Hitler was a Community Organizer

No.... we're just asking where was your outrage then? Same thing you do when Bush did something that Obama did and you are trying to stick up for Bush by saying "Where is your outrage NOW?"

What outrage? My post of a "teen Beat" mag cover is one of mockery

It is interesting to see that if Bush did it then it must be OK
Must explain Papa Obama and his war efforts

Forum List

Back