Rename Negro Mountian

Sounds just like the Kikes in Floridastan who whined about the name " Jewfish" and had the fish officially renamed to Goliath Grouper. The rednecks in the Keys, thank Gawd, told them to fuck off as to renaming the place called Jewfish creek.
I suggest renaming that place to Porch Monkey hills, yard ape ridge or ****** mountain, just to make a point.

1198-1-683c.jpg

Lisa Gladden

Senator Gladden's effort would be understandable if the name she is seeking to change were ****** Mountain, or Coon Mountain, etc. But someone should tell her that although she doesn't like what she sees in the mirror she is in simple scientific fact a negro and that a rose is a rose and by any other name would smell as sweet.

Totally retarded. The name references not only the person but the historical aspect of it all. Negro was a termed used back when it was named and calling it negro mountain speaks to that. They want to call it black hero mountain. They'd have a cow if someone suggested a white hero mountain name change. :rolleyes:

Black Mountain.

Or cant you say black anymore? If so, we go a lot of mountains that are going to need remaning.

Nice bullshit to wast money on. How about up front that tell whoever these nut cases are that any money used to play this little renaming game will come directly out of the weal fair budget...see how long it lasts.

we have a black mountain in nc....mulatto mountain....of course none of the blacks live there..they all live in lick log...this is just crazy...i prefer the old names for places.....a ridge here was called seven devils and had a nice little ski resort..they changed the name to hawksnest....i guess christians were afraid if they skied the devil they would become the devil...

locals all prefer the name seven devils

we have a black mountain in nc....mulatto mountain....of course none of the blacks live there..they all live in lick log...this is just crazy...i prefer the old names for places.....a ridge here was called seven devils and had a nice little ski resort..they changed the name to hawksnest....i guess christians were afraid if they skied the devil they would become the devil...

locals all prefer the name seven devils

I agree with you, bones.

From the article:

Sen. Jennie Forehand, D-Montgomery, said both Negro and Polish mountains should have prettier names.

"Maybe I don't know the history of how those mountains got named but I think if they were in my district, I would like to have a name that was perhaps more scenic," she told the AP.

Maybe she should learn the history of how the mountain got its name, she might be more likely to want to keep it and certainly to appreciate it.

Last edited:
And all this during Black History Month

"Maybe I don't know the history of how those mountains got named..."

Maybe it is better to remain silent, and be thought ignorant, than to speak and remove any doubt......

A Maryland state senator said she has introduced a bill to rename Negro Mountain, an Appalachian ridge dedicated to the heroism of an 18th century black man, because the name is insensitive

Read more: Md. bill seeks to rename Negro, Polish mountains - State | Centre Daily Times - State College, PA | Penn State, Nittany Lions, weather, news, jobs, homes, apartments, real estate

Read the first comment and that just about sums it up.

Have they given any thought to how much it will cost to fund the commission and update all of the signage, maps, flyers, etc with new names? Of course, if they are willing to pay for all of the changes out of their own pockets, I might not find this proposal so offensive. I feel that these mountains that have had these names since the 1700's and should not need to be given new "scenic" names. Jean Siegrist

:lol:

Forum List

Back