remove Liebermann

Anti-Lieberman group signs 43,000 - The Connecticut Post Online

WASHINGTON — Opponents of Sen. Joe Lieberman delivered 43,000 signatures Wednesday to Senate Democratic leaders urging them to remove him as chairman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee after the November elections.
That would violate the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Pub.L. 88-352, 78 Stat. 241, July 2, 1964) was a landmark piece of legislation in the United States that outlawed segregation in schools, public places, and employment.
Title III
Prohibited state and municipal governments from denying access to public facilities on grounds of race, religion, gender, or ethnicity.

Why wait until after the elections to illegally expel Lieberman?

"Lieberman, however, could play a pivotal role if Senate Democrats need his support to reach the 60-vote plateau that would allow them to push their agenda without fear of a filibuster"

That would violate the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Pub.L. 88-352, 78 Stat. 241, July 2, 1964) was a landmark piece of legislation in the United States that outlawed segregation in schools, public places, and employment.
Title III
Prohibited state and municipal governments from denying access to public facilities on grounds of race, religion, gender, or ethnicity.

Why wait until after the elections to illegally expel Lieberman?

They wouldn't remove him for his race, religion, gender or ethnicity. They would because he is not a democrat. He's even going to the Republican convention and endorsing McCain.

Are you serious?

They wouldn't remove him for his race, religion, gender or ethnicity. They would because he is not a democrat. He's even going to the Republican convention and endorsing McCain.

Are you serious?
Because he is not a Democrat?
He was an Independent when he got the seat on the committee.
That's why I referred to the Civil Rights Act.

I think he is hated by Democrats because of his religious beliefs.

Zell Miller spoke at a GOP convention!

Last edited:

He was booted as well. The Liberals will not tolerate anyone not toeing the far left line.

You would know being a master at it.

Hey buddy. Want to see how McCain will run your government if elected?

McCain raised more than $21 million in June and spent nearly $26 million, the campaign reported Friday night. LOL.

Sucker

Now let's compare that to Obama.

Barack Obama cut back on his spending in June after securing the Democratic presidential nomination, building up his cash on hand as John McCain outspent him.

Obama reported spending $25.6 million in June.

Financial reports filed with the FEC show Obama raised $52 million during the month, his second highest monthly total.

He also reported $72 million cash on hand at the start of July.

I was worried last week with all the negative smear attacks but it just isn't working. Time for you to move to Canada, which is even more liberal than America. LOL.

No. He's not. He's trolling.

See what I wrote to RetardedSGT. And did you see McCain had to let go another one of his cronies? His financial advisor.

McCain is running his campaign like Bush ran the government. LOL.

I'm one of the people that hates him. I don't hate him for his religious beliefs. I hate him because he is representing another country, not Connecticut and certainly not the USA.

Or certainly not the Democratic party or working class people. He is a traitor and I wish he would go back to starring in Alf.

I'm one of the people that hates him. I don't hate him for his religious beliefs. I hate him because he is representing another country, not Connecticut and certainly not the USA.

Or certainly not the Democratic party or working class people. He is a traitor and I wish he would go back to starring in Alf.
I hate him because he is representing another country, not Connecticut and certainly not the USA.
Exactly!
That's because of his religion and race.

Hey buddy. Want to see how McCain will run your government if elected?

McCain raised more than $21 million in June and spent nearly $26 million, the campaign reported Friday night. LOL.

Sucker

Now let's compare that to Obama.

Barack Obama cut back on his spending in June after securing the Democratic presidential nomination, building up his cash on hand as John McCain outspent him.

Obama reported spending $25.6 million in June.

Financial reports filed with the FEC show Obama raised $52 million during the month, his second highest monthly total.

He also reported $72 million cash on hand at the start of July.

I was worried last week with all the negative smear attacks but it just isn't working. Time for you to move to Canada, which is even more liberal than America. LOL.

McCain has elected to use the available public finance for his campaign. So, he HAS TO use the privately raised funds or else he loses it. Next time, read the whole story. Or, did you get it off of a radical left website?

Last edited:
yea.. the dems should stomach Zell and Joe just like, uh, the last republican we've seen actively support a dem...

oh wait.. that doesn't happen, does it.

McCain has elected to use the available public finance for his campaign. So, he HAS TO use the privately raised funds or else he loses it. Next time, read the whole story. Or, did you get it off of a radical left website?

All I know is McCain spent more than he took in. Typical of "conservatives". LOL

If Liberman gets kicked as chairman, he may no longer caucus with the Dems as he has threatened. So, that would give more votes (power) to the Repubs. By all means, let us have him. Hell, the Dems already have Chuck Hagel (currently touring Middle east and Europe with Obama) anyway.

All I know is McCain spent more than he took in. Typical of "conservatives". LOL

I told you why. It has nothing to do with Conservatives. Anyway, McCain is NOT a conservative. Haven't you read the articles about McCain having to find a way to appeal to Conservatives? It is all over the place and heralded (gloated about) in the leftist MSM. You should read up on that. It might actually make a lib smile.

I told you why. It has nothing to do with Conservatives. Anyway, McCain is NOT a conservative. Haven't you read the articles about McCain having to find a way to appeal to Conservatives? It is all over the place and heralded (gloated about) in the leftist MSM. You should read up on that. It might actually make a lib smile.

How convienent. That way he gets independent votes and he is the "lesser of two evils" for Conservatives.

You want it both ways. Sorry, you can't have it both ways. Flip flop.

Forum List

Back