remind us how they don't want to ban all of them.

As with most issues, there is a wide spectrum of positions on gun control. At one extreme, you have people who want to ban all guns. At the other extreme are people who believe we have the right to bear nukes.

But most people fall somewhere between the two extremes.

I would not use some maniac who thinks we should be allowed to own nukes as representing ALL gun lovers, nor should a person who wants to ban all guns be mistaken as representing all gun controllers.

Faulty generalization.

Faulty generalizations ironically end up pushing an opponent further toward the extreme pole to which they are being accused of subscribing.

g5000, the problem that your comment misses is the fact that we're not just talking about "some random guy" here. We are talking about a well funded and politically active head of an organization which has, and wishes to continue to affect policy. I may think we should be able to own tanks and aircraft carriers but I'm just one guy with no influence. This is a guy with millions of dollars and contacts at the highest levels of Government. That's a significant difference so far as I'm concerned.

Where is C Clayton Jones? He has repeatedly claimed NO ONE wants a total ban on firearms. As for G5000 claiming that a well organized and politically connected group is the same as joe blow off the street is ignorant but to be expected by the deniers.

g5000, the problem that your comment misses is the fact that we're not just talking about "some random guy" here. We are talking about a well funded and politically active head of an organization which has, and wishes to continue to affect policy. I may think we should be able to own tanks and aircraft carriers but I'm just one guy with no influence. This is a guy with millions of dollars and contacts at the highest levels of Government. That's a significant difference so far as I'm concerned.

I have never heard of Josh Sugarmann before. And all he managed to do was get an opinion piece published in the Sacramento Bee. Not exactly a powerhouse publication.

His web site looks like amateur hour: http://vpc.org/index2.htm

I have heard of the NRA, though.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back