Remembering on Memorial Day

Thanks vets, and a very special thanks to those that are not here with us today.
I am one lucky bastard, as I have several generations of relatives that have served and they all came out in one piece alive.

Your post would be appropriate on Veteran's Day.
I'll post it then also. As I take no special day to remember the lost comrades and those still living..I do it practically every day.

Far too many people confuse the purposes of Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, and Veteran's Day.

We see some examples in this thread!

Thanks vets, and a very special thanks to those that are not here with us today.
I am one lucky bastard, as I have several generations of relatives that have served and they all came out in one piece alive.

I'll post it then also. As I take no special day to remember the lost comrades and those still living..I do it practically every day.

Far too many people confuse the purposes of Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day, and Veteran's Day.

At least it is a positive act.

Today, we remember the fallen, who, as Pres Reagan noted, were all different "but they shared this in common: They loved America very much."
DA--gGIVwAA8Ik3.jpg

On Remembrance Day in Israel every siren goes off at noon and the entire nation comes to a standstill for one minute. To see it is inspiring. Unfortunately here in America there is too much ignorance and apathy for something like this here. Sad really.

An unknown Marine, after the battle of Iwo Jima, carved this on a rock that stands outside of the temporary cemetery there, where thousands of men were initially buried:

When you go home
Tell them for us and say
For your tomorrow
We gave our today
/---- Sad news:
US Navy SEAL dies in parachuting accident during Fleet Week event in Jersey City
US Navy SEAL dies in parachuting accident during Fleet Week event in Jersey City

What real harm?
They are heartfelt and sincere thoughts

What real harm?
He caught a case of anal retention in his past.

What real harm?

I will NOT have a Happy Memorial Day! I refuse.

What real harm?

Good.
I hope it sucks frog ass

Thank you so very much

A tribute to are troops"?

Illiterate morons!

Yes. They used the wrong word.
Christ.
Why don't you just let it be instead of fucking up a perfectly nice thread you happy crappy asshole!

He did also, but don't tell him that, he will have to chide himself. (stupid grammar and spelling auto correct didn't know the word chide, stupid programmers. They must of graduated from Okiehoma State ag school.)

What real harm?

Good.
I hope it sucks frog ass

Already attended the American Legion post memorial today and heard the names of two close friends read. Had a great lunch at the Legion Hall and rejoined the Post for the first time in about 10 years. It is a good day to remember the fallen, but I will not be "happy" because I miss my friends.

Forum List

Back