Remembering on Memorial Day

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
On Remembrance Day in Israel every siren goes off at noon and the entire nation comes to a standstill for one minute. To see it is inspiring. Unfortunately here in America there is too much ignorance and apathy for something like this here. Sad really.

An unknown Marine, after the battle of Iwo Jima, carved this on a rock that stands outside of the temporary cemetery there, where thousands of men were initially buried:

When you go home
Tell them for us and say
For your tomorrow
We gave our today

308395-Happy-Memorial-Day.jpg

I'm so impressed by these posts. Every year, certain members think they will be considered better patriots if they post a tribute to a lost soldier on an anonymous message board. Meanwhile, in many cases, these same people clamor for war and think nothing of supporting policies which lead to the death and dire injury of more American young men.

It warms the heart.

"I would like to wish everyone, including all haters and losers (of which, sadly, there are many) a truly happy and enjoyable Memorial Day!" - Trump

Thanks vets, and a very special thanks to those that are not here with us today.
I am one lucky bastard, as I have several generations of relatives that have served and they all came out in one piece alive.

Your post would be appropriate on Veteran's Day.
I'll post it then also. As I take no special day to remember the lost comrades and those still living..I do it practically every day.

Forum List

Back