Remember when Republicans declared our space industry dead and blamed Obama?

R

rdean

SpaceX is a Wakeup Call for Europeans

Long considered a brash upstart nipping at the heels of staid aerospace giants, SpaceX is coming of age 14 years after it was founded by Musk with the lofty — and many have said unrealistic — goal of revolutionizing spacecraft and colonizing Mars. SpaceX is now within striking distance of becoming dominant in the payload business. It says it plans to fly 18 missions this year, triple the number from 2015.

The California-based company said it plans to use a previously-flown Falcon 9 booster stage later this year and cut the flight price further down from the current $61 million it says it charges for commercial payloads.

---------

Once again, Obama cleans GOP clock.

rdean, if you need a hand packing for your move to Mars, let us know.

Long considered a brash upstart nipping at the heels of staid aerospace giants, SpaceX is coming of age 14 years after it was founded by Musk with the lofty — and many have said unrealistic — goal of revolutionizing spacecraft and colonizing Mars. SpaceX is now within striking distance of becoming dominant in the payload business. It says it plans to fly 18 missions this year, triple the number from 2015.

The California-based company said it plans to use a previously-flown Falcon 9 booster stage later this year and cut the flight price further down from the current $61 million it says it charges for commercial payloads.

---------

I remember Obama not helping our space industry.
I don't see how SpaceX gets Obama off the hook for his ineptitude.

The OP apparently thinks SpaceX is a branch of the government. How odd. I mean, I know it's hard to find things to give Obama credit for doing today, but pretending that?

---------

Space X is run by NASA?

Really?

---------

Well, all our satellites are oriented toward Mecca 5 times a day

---------

Well, all our satellites are oriented toward Mecca 5 times a day

One day we'll orient a MIRV toward Mecca.

The government leads the way, does the initial research, and then private enterprise starts doing the heavy lifting. This is the history of high tech. And Space X is a result of that process. Musk has as an ambition to mine the asteroids. And, given his past accomplishments, may well realize his ambitions. In the meantime, NASA continues to do the research such as we have done on Mars. And when we know enough, we will start colonization, and both the government and businesses will take part.

---------

Yeah....I love capitalism as well.
Just another example of private industry doing it better than the government.
How Conservative of you.

---------

How Conservative of you.
Space X gets a lot of help from NASA

---------

How Conservative of you.
Space X gets a lot of help from NASA

Nasa develops most of the tech and does the science. Spacex profits off of that and advances forward.

Both rock and I am glad for both. Hopefully, soon humanity will start getting the huge benefit of space travel through asteroid mining.

---------

So you're giving Obama credit for Space X?

Don't you think it's time for you to quit sucking his dick?

"Remember when Republicans declared our space industry dead and blamed Obama?"

Conservatives have been lying for so long now about so much it’s impossible to keep track.

But yes, this was another ridiculous rightwing lie – the shuttle program was ended by GWB, not the president.

SpaceX is a private enterprise. The Company plans on putting a man on Mars before NASA, Don't worry NASA is going to help with tech support which likely means bloated bureaucracy and lots of red tape. So the agency isn't completely dead ,yet.

Conservatives have been lying for so long now about so much it’s impossible to keep track.

But yes, this was another ridiculous rightwing lie – the shuttle program was ended by GWB, not the president.
And Obama canceled everything else but a probable mission to the astroid belt.

i think the shuttle program was ended because the shuttles were getting kind of old and went beyond their longevity...if you were president at that time jones you would have probably ended it too....

Forum List

Back