Remember when Obama said the NSA was only looking at terrorists?

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Is anyone surprised that he lied? It turns out that they let the DEA dig through the information, who then use it to go after drug dealers, and lie about it in court.

A secretive U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration unit is funneling information from intelligence intercepts, wiretaps, informants and a massive database of telephone records to authorities across the nation to help them launch criminal investigations of Americans. Although these cases rarely involve national security issues, documents reviewed by Reuters show that law enforcement agents have been directed to conceal how such investigations truly begin - not only from defense lawyers but also sometimes from prosecutors and judges.
The undated documents show that federal agents are trained to "recreate" the investigative trail to effectively cover up where the information originated, a practice that some experts say violates a defendant's Constitutional right to a fair trial. If defendants don't know how an investigation began, they cannot know to ask to review potential sources of exculpatory evidence - information that could reveal entrapment, mistakes or biased witnesses.
"I have never heard of anything like this at all," said Nancy Gertner, a Harvard Law School professor who served as a federal judge from 1994 to 2011. Gertner and other legal experts said the program sounds more troubling than recent disclosures that the National Security Agency has been collecting domestic phone records. The NSA effort is geared toward stopping terrorists; the DEA program targets common criminals, primarily drug dealers.

Exclusive: U.S. directs agents to cover up program used to investigate Americans

Feel free to keep pretending this is all acceptable, and that we can trust the government.

This is exactly what was to be feared when the government gathers info on all citizens...Misuse.

So, the info the spy agency has gathered can be used to catch drug dealers.

"O.K". says some Government Bozo; "drug dealers are bad; its good for America"

Then the next Government Bozo decides that white boys with hunting rifles are actually potential terrorists, and so not only does the Drug Agency get information, the ATF gets it too.

It doesn't scare you folks that this Government, which is run by the Chicago Political Apparatus, can get this kind of info without a valid subpoena?

Well, what if Dick Cheney's daughter is President in a few years?

This shit should scare all Americans.

This is exactly what was to be feared when the government gathers info on all citizens...Misuse.

Then the next Government Bozo decides that white boys with hunting rifles are actually potential terrorists, and so not only does the Drug Agency get information, the ATF gets it too.

It doesn't scare you folks that this Government, which is run by the Chicago Political Apparatus, can get this kind of info without a valid subpoena?

For the record, I think everyone who posted in this thread up to and including you, is opposed to this shit.

Immie

For the record, I think everyone who posted in this thread up to and including you, is opposed to this shit.

Immie

For the record, I think there will be quite a few people that think we are crazy, and will justify this even if it turns out the government is using it to spy on everyone.

No. The question should be "Remember when you believed the NSA was only looking at terrorist?"

No. The question should be "Remember when you believed the NSA was only looking at terrorist?"

When did I believe that?

When BOOOSH told you

Then groups like the ACLU was accused of being "aiding the enemy" when they saw the tea leaves. Too bad repubs didn't listen earlier. This is like trying to put the tooth paste back in the tube

Why would anyone be surprised by this? We told this back when it was passed under bush that it would be abused. But hey nothing to hide right?

People deserve it.

Why would anyone be surprised by this? We told this back when it was passed under bush that it would be abused. But hey nothing to hide right?

People deserve it.

You remember that too? Weird...

Everyone that questioned the NSA and their bullshit they accused them of being "MORE concerned for the terrorist than Americans", or "aiding the enemy by talking about programs" or "America Haters."

Now they finally see the talking points they were so proud to deliver did nothing but lull them into a false sense of govt security.

Now its too late. If this was a party The Repubs went home, changed and came back like they were never there.

No, when did he say that? Assuming he did say it, did you believe it at the time you heard it?

I don't believe the article even mentions the President.

That being said I agree with this part. "These are drug crimes, not national security cases. If you don't draw the line here, where do you draw it?"

When did I believe that?

When BOOOSH told you

Then groups like the ACLU was accused of being "aiding the enemy" when they saw the tea leaves. Too bad repubs didn't listen earlier. This is like trying to put the tooth paste back in the tube

Bush said that? Really? Can you document it?

People deserve it.

The difference is I didn't like it much then, and still don't, yet you support it now that Obama has made it worse.

People deserve it.

The difference is I didn't like it much then, and still don't, yet you support it now that Obama has made it worse.

i do? how odd that you are wrong as usual.......ive been against this since day one....hell search the board, you will see i am one of the few who is against it period.

oh wait its not odd.

People deserve it.

i do? how odd that you are wrong as usual.......ive been against this since day one....hell search the board, you will see i am one of the few who is against it period.

oh wait its not odd.

Why don't you point out all the posts where I supported Bush.

After you apologize I will admit I was lying about you.

oh wait its not odd.

i never said you did. Stop making things up

oh wait its not odd.

i never said you did. Stop making things up

This wasn't your post?

People deserve it.

By the way, when did Bush say anything about the NSA collecting meta data? I already asked the other idiot that wanted to blame this on Bush, but he didn't answer. I expect you won't either.

Forum List

Back