Remember Pearl Harbor Today

TOTAL WAR. Something that has been forgotten now

So you're one of those guys that thinks we should carpet bomb the entire Middle East because a group of terrorists killed 3,000 Americans? Total war would come back if the threat were actually existential. The truth, however, is that Middle Eastern terrorism has never been an existential threat, so killing literally everybody might be seen as a cruel overreaction. Oh, and also terrorists are not a uniformed military representing a government. It's an entirely different situation and it's entirely stupid to expect the same approach.
After 911.........i'd have hit their asses hard quick and fast.........those that needed a lesson..............and then left before the dust settled.......

Then I would say don't make me come back.

Would have been over quick.......and not got us stuck there with this PC way to fight war for 18 years now at a cost of 6 Trillion dollars.

War...........is MURDER...........and it's objective is to kill or break the will of the enemy to fight.........

Yeah......I'd have done that.......and we wouldn't have been there longer than 6 months for a fraction of the cost we now paying.

What do you think would have happened if we had just turned the other cheek? Do you think our response actually discourages people crazy enough to fly themselves into buildings? Or was it simply about revenge and feeling like we got even?
....you have to ask?? same with a lot of conflicts all over the world since BEFORE medieval times --revenge IS part of it ....you kill my brother, father, uncle--I'm going to get you back
....how to you think the the Pals and Israelis think?? you killed our people, we are going to kill yours

..ever read about German aircrew shot down in Britain or American aircrew in Germany?? the people wanted to KILL them--for bombing their people/cities/country

Revenge for the sake of revenge seems like pointless bloodshed to me. It doesn't fix the problem, and possibly makes it even worse.
Revenge is a key aspect of War.............

Hey buddy your kind killed my people...........so we are going to kill you.

It's pretty simple.

Dad's ship, the Ticonderoga, was hit by a kamakaze plane and he was caught in the resulting fires for a time--
when he came home on leave Mom said he was a total basket case. I never even knew it though--those guys (at least my Dad and his friends) never talked about it. When my son enlisted in the Marines was when Dad told the story, to him. My chin was on the floor.

Let's just hope, folks, that we don't have to go through anything like it again.
My Father N law never talked about it..........my Father hardly ever also.................

The teacher ........it somehow came up........and I'll never forget his response.
We may giggle, but that is a tough place to be wounded. No sitting for a long time. How does one stay awake all day, standing or lying on your stomach? I'd be miserable. Poor bugger.
Even worse....think of having to take a crap

The first time I ate lobster was in the Pearl Harbor EM Club.

TOTAL WAR. Something that has been forgotten now

So you're one of those guys that thinks we should carpet bomb the entire Middle East because a group of terrorists killed 3,000 Americans? Total war would come back if the threat were actually existential. The truth, however, is that Middle Eastern terrorism has never been an existential threat, so killing literally everybody might be seen as a cruel overreaction. Oh, and also terrorists are not a uniformed military representing a government. It's an entirely different situation and it's entirely stupid to expect the same approach.
After 911.........i'd have hit their asses hard quick and fast.........those that needed a lesson..............and then left before the dust settled.......

Would have been over quick.......and not got us stuck there with this PC way to fight war for 18 years now at a cost of 6 Trillion dollars.

War...........is MURDER...........and it's objective is to kill or break the will of the enemy to fight.........

Yeah......I'd have done that.......and we wouldn't have been there longer than 6 months for a fraction of the cost we now paying.

What do you think would have happened if we had just turned the other cheek? Do you think our response actually discourages people crazy enough to fly themselves into buildings? Or was it simply about revenge and feeling like we got even?
....you have to ask?? same with a lot of conflicts all over the world since BEFORE medieval times --revenge IS part of it ....you kill my brother, father, uncle--I'm going to get you back
....how to you think the the Pals and Israelis think?? you killed our people, we are going to kill yours

..ever read about German aircrew shot down in Britain or American aircrew in Germany?? the people wanted to KILL them--for bombing their people/cities/country

Revenge for the sake of revenge seems like pointless bloodshed to me. It doesn't fix the problem, and possibly makes it even worse.
...it's a NATURAL human ''instinct'' .....same with sports rivalries --feels good to ''get revenge'' by beating a team that beat you before....

...you can't just let a ''tribe'' attack and kill your ''tribe''' = you will be decimated/extinct

.....hey---you see Japan [ and Germany ] after WW2?? they ABHORRED/abhor/hated /hate war!! they got the message because we destroyed their cities/etc....

My Father N law was at Pearl Harbor during the attack. He fought for the duration of the War.

My Father fought the Japanese in the Pacific.

May they RIP, as they are gone now..........the Greatest Generation Sacrificed their lives to make the WORLD FREE of tyranny. They beat down the Nazi's........and the Bushido's of this world......and remembering them today for what they did for this World is the Right thing to do.
I had 6 uncles in the war. 5 in Europe, one in the Pacific. 4 were wounded in combat.
Many of mine also fought there as well. The battles there were brutal. The cost was high...........and it was the last War fought with the policy of TOTAL WAR. Something that has been forgotten now, in the age of the PC culture which has caused us to lose Wars or fight endless Wars.

The Age of PC in War is a bunch of idiots who tie the hands of our military and NOT ALLOW THEM TO WIN. Something the Greatest Generation had never heard of.

There would be No Europe if they hadn't have won. And there would be no China today if they hadn't won.

My Father N law was at Pearl Harbor during the attack. He fought for the duration of the War.

May they RIP, as they are gone now..........the Greatest Generation Sacrificed their lives to make the WORLD FREE of tyranny. They beat down the Nazi's........and the Bushido's of this world......and remembering them today for what they did for this World is the Right thing to do.
I had 6 uncles in the war. 5 in Europe, one in the Pacific. 4 were wounded in combat.
Many of mine also fought there as well. The battles there were brutal. The cost was high...........and it was the last War fought with the policy of TOTAL WAR. Something that has been forgotten now, in the age of the PC culture which has caused us to lose Wars or fight endless Wars.

The Age of PC in War is a bunch of idiots who tie the hands of our military and NOT ALLOW THEM TO WIN. Something the Greatest Generation had never heard of.

There would be No Europe if they hadn't have won. And there would be no China today if they hadn't won.

"And there would be no China today if they hadn't won."

so we helped save china and created one of the greatest threats to freedom in the world!

perhaps NOT saving china would have been a better idea.

as for LOSING WARS

you blaming liberals for your weakness?

you blaming liberals because you are a girly man who gets pushed around by vietcong children?

don't blame liberals just because YOU are a pussy
Yawn..................butt hurt extreme here...........where did this thing come from........under what rock..........

It's pretty simple.

Y'all need Jesus, or maybe Buddha...something.
That is a matter of opinion.............I do not apologize or step one inch back on my opinion...........it would have been quick.............and decisive.......as it should have been.......

And it would have been over very quickly.......at a low cost.....

I stand by my position.....

Thank God for those brave men who risked or gave their lives to preserve our way of life No Trumps there

Dad's ship, the Ticonderoga, was hit by a kamakaze plane and he was caught in the resulting fires for a time--
when he came home on leave Mom said he was a total basket case. I never even knew it though--those guys (at least my Dad and his friends) never talked about it. When my son enlisted in the Marines was when Dad told the story, to him. My chin was on the floor.

Let's just hope, folks, that we don't have to go through anything like it again.
My Father N law never talked about it..........my Father hardly ever also.................

The teacher ........it somehow came up........and I'll never forget his response.
We may giggle, but that is a tough place to be wounded. No sitting for a long time. How does one stay awake all day, standing or lying on your stomach? I'd be miserable. Poor bugger.
Even worse....think of having to take a crap
OUCH

..ever read about German aircrew shot down in Britain or American aircrew in Germany?? the people wanted to KILL thmineem--for bombing their people/cities/country

...it's a NATURAL human ''instinct'' .....same with sports rivalries --feels good to ''get revenge'' by beating a team that beat you before....

...you can't just let a ''tribe'' attack and kill your ''tribe''' = you will be decimated/extinct

.....hey---you see Japan [ and Germany ] after WW2?? they ABHORRED/abhor/hated /hate war!! they got the message because we destroyed their cities/etc....

Revenge is mine sayith the Lord.

It's pretty simple.
Okay, but this is supposed to be about Pearl Harbor--WWII remember? Take your ME bombing to another thread, Eagle and bring this one back on track, please.

Being shot anywhere is a pain in the ass.

Being shot anywhere is a pain in the ass.
You got that one right, and you've got another winner of a holiday siggie.

..I have to disagree with you somewhat on this.....once Germany attacked Russia--game over ...there were resistance fighters/groups all over--in MOST/many countries against Germany...and Britain was still around against Germany ...so Germany is teetering [ at best ] on collapsing
...Japan's Navy was worthless in interior China...and like Russia, China is too big to completely take over it
...history has proven it is extremely difficult to 1. take a country over completely...2. and/or instill whatever culture-politics on that country
..there still would have been a Europe and the ''same'' China

even the Vietnamese did not allow Japan to completely take over, what is now Vietnam, during WW2 ..there was always resistance all over the world ..and as we see in Vietnam where powerful France was defeated-by the ''weak'' Vietnamese-then the most powerful nation in the world [ US ] defeated--and as we saw the most powerful nation in the world at the time--Britain--defeated in Afghanistan--then Russia defeated = we see powerful nations invasions /etc defeated

It's pretty simple.
Okay, but this is supposed to be about Pearl Harbor--WWII remember? Take your ME bombing to another thread, Eagle and bring this one back on track, please.
simmer down...maybe you haven't noticed--but this is how ALL threads are

It's pretty simple.
Very True........I got trolled off course.........

..ever read about German aircrew shot down in Britain or American aircrew in Germany?? the people wanted to KILL thmineem--for bombing their people/cities/country

Revenge is mine sayith the Lord.
that's what Major Reisman said in The Dirty Dozen

It's pretty simple.
Very True........I got trolled off course.........
Me too.

Forum List

Back