Remember Pearl Harbor Today

My Father N law was at Pearl Harbor during the attack. He fought for the duration of the War.

My Father fought the Japanese in the Pacific.

May they RIP, as they are gone now..........the Greatest Generation Sacrificed their lives to make the WORLD FREE of tyranny. They beat down the Nazi's........and the Bushido's of this world......and remembering them today for what they did for this World is the Right thing to do.
I had 6 uncles in the war. 5 in Europe, one in the Pacific. 4 were wounded in combat.
Many of mine also fought there as well. The battles there were brutal. The cost was high...........and it was the last War fought with the policy of TOTAL WAR. Something that has been forgotten now, in the age of the PC culture which has caused us to lose Wars or fight endless Wars.

The Age of PC in War is a bunch of idiots who tie the hands of our military and NOT ALLOW THEM TO WIN. Something the Greatest Generation had never heard of.

There would be No Europe if they hadn't have won. And there would be no China today if they hadn't won.
..I have to disagree with you somewhat on this.....once Germany attacked Russia--game over ...there were resistance fighters/groups all over--in MOST/many countries against Germany...and Britain was still around against Germany ...so Germany is teetering [ at best ] on collapsing
...Japan's Navy was worthless in interior China...and like Russia, China is too big to completely take over it
...history has proven it is extremely difficult to 1. take a country over completely...2. and/or instill whatever culture-politics on that country
..there still would have been a Europe and the ''same'' China

even the Vietnamese did not allow Japan to completely take over, what is now Vietnam, during WW2 ..there was always resistance all over the world ..and as we see in Vietnam where powerful France was defeated-by the ''weak'' Vietnamese-then the most powerful nation in the world [ US ] defeated--and as we saw the most powerful nation in the world at the time--Britain--defeated in Afghanistan--then Russia defeated = we see powerful nations invasions /etc defeated
It is not so much that powerful nations are defeated but forced to ask.....is this worth it?

How we defeated England in the Revolution

My Father N law was at Pearl Harbor during the attack. He fought for the duration of the War.

May they RIP, as they are gone now..........the Greatest Generation Sacrificed their lives to make the WORLD FREE of tyranny. They beat down the Nazi's........and the Bushido's of this world......and remembering them today for what they did for this World is the Right thing to do.
I had 6 uncles in the war. 5 in Europe, one in the Pacific. 4 were wounded in combat.
Many of mine also fought there as well. The battles there were brutal. The cost was high...........and it was the last War fought with the policy of TOTAL WAR. Something that has been forgotten now, in the age of the PC culture which has caused us to lose Wars or fight endless Wars.

The Age of PC in War is a bunch of idiots who tie the hands of our military and NOT ALLOW THEM TO WIN. Something the Greatest Generation had never heard of.

There would be No Europe if they hadn't have won. And there would be no China today if they hadn't won.
..I have to disagree with you somewhat on this.....once Germany attacked Russia--game over ...there were resistance fighters/groups all over--in MOST/many countries against Germany...and Britain was still around against Germany ...so Germany is teetering [ at best ] on collapsing
...Japan's Navy was worthless in interior China...and like Russia, China is too big to completely take over it
...history has proven it is extremely difficult to 1. take a country over completely...2. and/or instill whatever culture-politics on that country

even the Vietnamese did not allow Japan to completely take over, what is now Vietnam, during WW2 ..there was always resistance all over the world ..and as we see in Vietnam where powerful France was defeated-by the ''weak'' Vietnamese-then the most powerful nation in the world [ US ] defeated--and as we saw the most powerful nation in the world at the time--Britain--defeated in Afghanistan--then Russia defeated = we see powerful nations invasions /etc defeated
It is not so much that powerful nations are defeated but forced to ask.....is this worth it?

..is what worth it?

..I was honored and lucky enough to get stationed at PH for four years
I was only there for 6 months.........the off to Norfolk........we stayed on Ford Island.
..I was at Marine Barracks PH--a DREAM duty station!!
...after 4 years, I reenlisted for Camp Lejeune ..I thought I remember leaving for a Med Cruise from Norfolk on the USS Inchon.....

That generation of Americans (our greatest generation) made a commitment that the United States would never be caught unprepared for war again. We will always be strong, we will always be ready, and we will always be free.

Thanks for the thread! We should always remember!

..I was honored and lucky enough to get stationed at PH for four years
I was only there for 6 months.........the off to Norfolk........we stayed on Ford Island.
..I was at Marine Barracks PH--a DREAM duty station!!
...after 4 years, I reenlisted for Camp Lejeune ..I thought I remember leaving for a Med Cruise from Norfolk on the USS Inchon.....
I was in 2/5 Camp Pendleton. We went into Pearl on our way over to the Persian Gulf. Very moving to man the catwalks, face outboard, and salute the mooring mast that are still there for the West Virginia, California, and all the other ships that were tied up on Battleship Row that fateful morning. Tears in my eyes.

That generation of Americans (our greatest generation) made a commitment that the United States would never be caught unprepared for war again. We will always be strong, we will always be ready, and we will always be free.

Your welcome Gator...we do agree on some things bro.

[ QUOTE ] I was in 2/5 Camp Pendleton. We went into Pearl on our way over to the Persian Gulf. Very moving to man the catwalks, face outboard, and salute the mooring mast that are still there for the West Virginia, California, and all the other ships that were tied up on Battleship Row that fateful morning. Tears in my eyes.[/QUOTE]
....that had to be the perfect dream station for me...I used to read WW2 books everyday....and about the Sub Base there...so I got to go to the Sub Base also.....I used to read about many places on Oahu

..the rifle range was right on the coast....the Butts right near the beach....after shooting, we'd get a six pack and go to the beach....during firing, we'd watch the ships going into the Harbor ....
..at night on guard duty, you could see the lights of Waikiki far away....and hear the waves nearby .......
etc...
yes, great duty

Your welcome Gator...we do agree on some things bro.

We both love this country and served this country...even if we disagree on the fine details.

:beer:

..is what worth it?
Right Winger believes the Walt Disney theory of foreign affairs. He feels we can all just hold hands and love each other. The United States always has and always will have enemies. They must be destroyed. Problem is now the United States has enemy’s from within. I can think of two bug eyed people on Capitol Hill who fit into that description.

..is what worth it?
Right Winger believes the Walt Disney theory of foreign affairs. He feels we can all just hold hands and love each other. The United States always has and always will have enemies. They must be destroyed. Problem is now the United States has enemy’s from within. I can think of two bug eyed people on Capitol Hill who fit into that description.
..it's even more ''dangerous'' for Americans in American territory now with WMDs-etc/easy-fast air travel/immigration-illegals

..is what worth it?
..it's even more ''dangerous'' for Americans in American territory now with WMDs-etc/easy-fast air travel/immigration-illegals
China is becoming Japan circa 1930’s.

I'm sure they fixed the hot water on Ford Island by now..........but when stationed there.........if you were taking a shower and someone flushed the toilet......you got SCALDED.............LOL

Nice memory there...........LOL

but we took the boat ferry back and forth every day there....and went by the Arizona every day........

..is what worth it?
China is becoming Japan circa 1930’s.
..interesting analogy .....since the economies are now ''worldly'', that means China is much more dangerous --since Japan could not hurt the US much at all in the 30s/40s

I'm sure they fixed the hot water on Ford Island by now..........but when stationed there.........if you were taking a shower and someone flushed the toilet......you got SCALDED.............LOL

but we took the boat ferry back and forth every day there....and went by the Arizona every day........
..I remember taking a water taxi from Rio De Janeiro to our ship... I was drunk and hanging off the boat with one hand--- yelling something about our Captain being goofy...I'm lucky I didn't fall in the bay

..I remember taking a water taxi from Rio De Janeiro to our ship... I was drunk and hanging off the boat with one hand--- yelling something about our Captain being goofy...I'm lucky I didn't fall in the bay
I remember being that way in Olongapo City. Got laid a bunch though.

..is what worth it?
The casualties and the cost

..is what worth it?
The casualties and the cost
..are you talking about WW2 or something else?

Forum List

Back