Remember After The 2008 Election?

exactly.....
the dems took obama as a mandate...wrong, if the reps take this as anything really but a refutation of big gov., including themselves, they are dead as Kesley's nuts too.....I won't have any sympathy for them.

Agreed. This isn't about Republicans or Democrats. It's about working on what the People want. It's about paying attention to the constituents. It's about respecting the anger of the average American and figuring out a solution.

But I see the Republicans being just as stupid as the Democrats, and until we truly get a third party that isn't a variation of the two major parties, I guess we're gonna be stuck on the merry-go-round for a while.
we are not going to have a viable 3rd party till we have serious election reforms

What kind of election reform do you suggest?

Agreed. This isn't about Republicans or Democrats. It's about working on what the People want. It's about paying attention to the constituents. It's about respecting the anger of the average American and figuring out a solution.

But I see the Republicans being just as stupid as the Democrats, and until we truly get a third party that isn't a variation of the two major parties, I guess we're gonna be stuck on the merry-go-round for a while.
we are not going to have a viable 3rd party till we have serious election reforms

50%+1 to win or face a runoff
states need to have you win each CD to win the ECV for it
this needs to be done on the state level because we dont actually have "federal" elections

It's a circular process. Just keeps going in circles with each of the two major parties taking control eventually.
Yep. That's because both parties represent the people who paid for their campaign, not those who voted for them. People are looking for an alternative. They try one party then the other hoping that something has changed but it never does.

this needs to be done on the state level because we dont actually have "federal" elections

I don't know how that would make third parties viable, but I'm not saying I disagree with you.

And I'll make a prediction right now: come 2012, Obama will be re-elected, because we'll continue having the same economic problems we're having now and the fickle electorate will think they can elect a quick-fix by opposing their heroes of two years prior. The Tea Party will fade to the Coffee Klatch. And two years later they'll get all nice and pissed off again.

I don't know how that would make third parties viable, but I'm not saying I disagree with you.
well, thing is, you would be more able to risk voting for a 3rd party knowing that it wouldnt give the worst option the victory and if your favored candidate got at least second place, he/she would be in the runoff

All I heard was that the Republicans were dead as a party, and after the 2010 elections they will be just a memory.
yeah, i remember that

but i also remember those on the right proclaiming the same things for the dem after 2002 and 2004

its a shame that both parties dont die......maybe if a third party that puts Country and the people above its own interests does some damage to them, then maybe things might change for the better.....

All I heard was that the Republicans were dead as a party, and after the 2010 elections they will be just a memory.

They are. Haven't you noticed crazies have taken over the party?

:eusa_naughty:

thats true Dean.....but the sad part is people like you have taken over the Democrats....so both parties have a choice.....get rid of the assholes running them or die....

And I'll make a prediction right now: come 2012, Obama will be re-elected, because we'll continue having the same economic problems we're having now and the fickle electorate will think they can elect a quick-fix by opposing their heroes of two years prior. The Tea Party will fade to the Coffee Klatch. And two years later they'll get all nice and pissed off again.
A lot can change in 2 yrs.
2 yrs after Truman was elected the atom bomb was dropped and both Germany & Japan had surrendered.
2yrs after Nixon's second term, he and his vice president had left office in disgrace.
2yrs after H.W. Bush took office we had invaded both Panama and Iraq.
2yrs after G.W. Bush took office we had suffered through 9-11 and were in two wars.
2yrs after Obama took office we have 9.5% unemployment and a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit.

Forum List

Back