Remeber?,,John Kerry:Global Warming Is Real.The Argument Is Over.Anyone Laughing?

I know scientists get their money from different places. The problem here is that scientists are coming up with stuff that is accepted by about 95% or more of scientists. No one person is controlling all this money.

Busting the 97% Myth | Climategate Book

Do politicians want to control people? Maybe, maybe not. The rich certainly want some of this control. Now, do they get their control by talking about global warming? If this were the case, then you'd be supporting global warming. Instead they've sent out a "global warming is a hoax" thing.
The US govt is far more controlled by big oil companies and other companies who have an interest in ignoring environmental issues.

The more they can BS people about GW, the more they will be permitted to control our energy. Take DumBama for instance, he closed down the Gulf after the oil spill, he closed down power plants that he deemed environmentally unfit to be allowed in this country, he even used taxpayer money for Cash for Clunkers which was a total flop.

Yes, they do use the GW hoax to gain more control over the people.

The Koch brothers are the ones spending the most money on politics. They're oil people. Come on. You don't think they're spending a lot of money trying to make global warming look like a hoax?

No, the Koch brothers do not spend the most money in politics. Yes, they are combatting the GW freaks to sustain business. You see something wrong with that?

Well, we have plenty of data that shows man has a lot to do about it.

And plenty of data that has been proved fudged. These scientists get their paycheck though politicians and they are going to say whatever it is that makes their bosses happy.

What should we do? Suicide? Oh, come off it Ray with the simplistic nonsense.

How about investing in more renewable energy? How about increasing public transportation? How about recycling things we use? How about a lot of the things we know will actually make a difference but, for the umpteenth time, seem to have passed you by.

Do you have a windmill in your backyard? How about solar panels on the roof of your home and garage? Do you use public transportation whenever possible? And when you can't, use your all electric car that you keep plugged in in the garage?

And even if every American lived like this, would that stop the GW people from ever complaining again? Do you think they would go away?

Make a difference? Okay, fair enough. What is the goal that would shut environmentalists up forever and what will it cost us? I want to know, because so far, not one of your kind has ever been able to answer my question.

It's your rule of law? What the fuck are you talking about Ray? You're making shit up and then making some fancy title for it so you can ignore reality? Fuck me.

We have spent trillions of dollars and lost even more in companies moving away just to escape some of our global antics, and thus far, I haven't seen one happy environmentalist yet. Do you know of any, and if so, who are these people?

Okay, I see you have the ability to post the web address of a dodgy websites. So...?

You're using insults again Ray. Are you some kind of child or an adult?

Obama (his name is Obama for fuck's sake) closed down the gulf after a major oil disaster which polluted the ocean and killed people.

How does this gain more control over the people exactly? Oh, you couldn't go off into the gulf and start drilling for oil. Could you just start doing this under Bush or any other president?

The Koch brothers don't spend the most money in politics? Really? Then who does?

Koch Brothers’ Budget of $889 Million for 2016 Is on Par With Both Parties’ Spending

"
Koch Brothers’ Budget of $889 Million for 2016 Is on Par With Both Parties’ Spending"

Do you know of any other person who spends around $889 million in a year on politics?

"Yes, they are combatting the GW freaks to sustain business. You see something wrong with that?"

Yes, I see they've bought you, and you've been taking in totally. You'll do as you're told.

Yes, there is data that has proven to be wrong. Some scientists will do things badly. But this doesn't mean the good data is any less good.

Your argument here is that there are a few bad apples, so all apples must be bad. That's bad logic Ray. I can imagine Koch brothers' paid workers sitting down and figuring out how to make people like you accept their way of thinking, and they're quite good at it.

They present things in a manner which makes you lose all sense of logic, in order to follow the religion of partisan politics and they KNOW you'll follow.

What do I do?

I don't own a car Ray, never have. I only use public transport. I walk to work. I use the heating only when necessary, it's cold now and I don't have any heating on.

However you've complete ignored all the stuff I said. The only way to reduce things is if the world is on board. The US has lost a lot of dirty industry to China. China will probably get fed up of a polluted world and send their dirty stuff elsewhere. Moving it around doesn't change things.

So, you're basically more interested in money than in actually having a planet that is livable?

And you are citing fake news. WAPO and the New York Times and numerous others all bought into a Bernie Sanders claim that the Koch Brothers would outspend both political parties which was utter nonsense. Not only was that budget considerably smaller than what both political parties spent in 2016, only about 1/3rd of it went federal, state, and local elections and the Koch Brothers themselves contributed only a small portion of that. I believe they gave nothing to President Trump and they actively campaigned and spoke against him in the primaries.
Sanders says Koch brothers are outspending either political party in 2016 elections

Donald Trump won’t be getting money from the billionaire Koch brothers

Ultimately President Trump was outspent by the Clinton campaign by at least 2 to 1 and he received nothing from the Koch Brothers who opposed his candidacy.
What Trump and Clinton spent per electoral vote

Now if your sources get their facts so really REALLY wrong re the Koch Brothers, how reliable are they to be accurate in what they report about climate change? Not much.

Actually the Koch Bros. have been pretty equal opportunity contributors in the climate change debate.
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/w...thers-changed-their-mind-about-climate-change

Sometimes it helps to actually do one's own research and read something other than the assigned and/or parroted talking points. Probably none of us have the access or means to do our own climate research so for what we know, we are dependent on others to tell us. And if we actually want the truth instead of just reinforcing our own beliefs/prejudices, it really helps to look for both sides of any story.

Given the huge amount of money involved, and the fact that only pro-global warming scientists are getting the huge lion's share of it, that is especially true when it comes to truth re climate change.

I didn't claim that they outspent the two political parties. I claimed they spent a lot of money on politics. My claim was they spent more than any other individual on politics. That claim still holds.

We don't know how much they spend. That's the biggest problem here. You go onto opensecrets and it'll probably show they spent like $2,000 or something ridiculous like that.

What is a small portion? 5%? 95%? We have no idea, just vague words from someone I wouldn't trust with a stick.

I didn't say Trump received from the Koch brothers. The Koch brothers have decided to go for a more direct route at the voters, rather than spending on the politicians. They have tried to change how people think, rather than getting their own politicians in power.

And how the fuck do you get climate change in here. Jeesuz foowkin' krist.

There's a massive difference between SCIENCE and trying to figure out where people are sending their money, if you haven't noticed.

The thread is about global warming so excuse me, If I try to relate to the topic at least in some way.

I provided links to support my opinion. Dispute them if you can.

Your unsupported opinion is noted.

The Global Warming topic here is more about the narrative than what is actually happening in the world. It's about who believes who.

The Koch brothers, and many other rich oil magnets, are pumping millions into denying there is any man made global warming, and people here are sucking it up.

The articles you provided didn't seem to answering any questions I had.

Considering that even scientists argue over global warming being caused by man or not, how can non scientists like most of the posters on this board be so certain about their own positions? Well, I'm guessing there are no scientists here, but there might be one or two. Still, even the experts can't seem to agree.

Busting the 97% Myth | Climategate Book

The more they can BS people about GW, the more they will be permitted to control our energy. Take DumBama for instance, he closed down the Gulf after the oil spill, he closed down power plants that he deemed environmentally unfit to be allowed in this country, he even used taxpayer money for Cash for Clunkers which was a total flop.

Yes, they do use the GW hoax to gain more control over the people.

No, the Koch brothers do not spend the most money in politics. Yes, they are combatting the GW freaks to sustain business. You see something wrong with that?

And plenty of data that has been proved fudged. These scientists get their paycheck though politicians and they are going to say whatever it is that makes their bosses happy.

Do you have a windmill in your backyard? How about solar panels on the roof of your home and garage? Do you use public transportation whenever possible? And when you can't, use your all electric car that you keep plugged in in the garage?

And even if every American lived like this, would that stop the GW people from ever complaining again? Do you think they would go away?

Make a difference? Okay, fair enough. What is the goal that would shut environmentalists up forever and what will it cost us? I want to know, because so far, not one of your kind has ever been able to answer my question.

We have spent trillions of dollars and lost even more in companies moving away just to escape some of our global antics, and thus far, I haven't seen one happy environmentalist yet. Do you know of any, and if so, who are these people?

Okay, I see you have the ability to post the web address of a dodgy websites. So...?

Obama (his name is Obama for fuck's sake) closed down the gulf after a major oil disaster which polluted the ocean and killed people.

How does this gain more control over the people exactly? Oh, you couldn't go off into the gulf and start drilling for oil. Could you just start doing this under Bush or any other president?

The Koch brothers don't spend the most money in politics? Really? Then who does?

Koch Brothers’ Budget of $889 Million for 2016 Is on Par With Both Parties’ Spending

"
Koch Brothers’ Budget of $889 Million for 2016 Is on Par With Both Parties’ Spending"

Do you know of any other person who spends around $889 million in a year on politics?

"Yes, they are combatting the GW freaks to sustain business. You see something wrong with that?"

Yes, I see they've bought you, and you've been taking in totally. You'll do as you're told.

Yes, there is data that has proven to be wrong. Some scientists will do things badly. But this doesn't mean the good data is any less good.

Your argument here is that there are a few bad apples, so all apples must be bad. That's bad logic Ray. I can imagine Koch brothers' paid workers sitting down and figuring out how to make people like you accept their way of thinking, and they're quite good at it.

They present things in a manner which makes you lose all sense of logic, in order to follow the religion of partisan politics and they KNOW you'll follow.

What do I do?

I don't own a car Ray, never have. I only use public transport. I walk to work. I use the heating only when necessary, it's cold now and I don't have any heating on.

However you've complete ignored all the stuff I said. The only way to reduce things is if the world is on board. The US has lost a lot of dirty industry to China. China will probably get fed up of a polluted world and send their dirty stuff elsewhere. Moving it around doesn't change things.

So, you're basically more interested in money than in actually having a planet that is livable?

And you are citing fake news. WAPO and the New York Times and numerous others all bought into a Bernie Sanders claim that the Koch Brothers would outspend both political parties which was utter nonsense. Not only was that budget considerably smaller than what both political parties spent in 2016, only about 1/3rd of it went federal, state, and local elections and the Koch Brothers themselves contributed only a small portion of that. I believe they gave nothing to President Trump and they actively campaigned and spoke against him in the primaries.
Sanders says Koch brothers are outspending either political party in 2016 elections

Ultimately President Trump was outspent by the Clinton campaign by at least 2 to 1 and he received nothing from the Koch Brothers who opposed his candidacy.

Now if your sources get their facts so really REALLY wrong re the Koch Brothers, how reliable are they to be accurate in what they report about climate change? Not much.

Actually the Koch Bros. have been pretty equal opportunity contributors in the climate change debate.
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/w...thers-changed-their-mind-about-climate-change

Sometimes it helps to actually do one's own research and read something other than the assigned and/or parroted talking points. Probably none of us have the access or means to do our own climate research so for what we know, we are dependent on others to tell us. And if we actually want the truth instead of just reinforcing our own beliefs/prejudices, it really helps to look for both sides of any story.

Given the huge amount of money involved, and the fact that only pro-global warming scientists are getting the huge lion's share of it, that is especially true when it comes to truth re climate change.

I didn't claim that they outspent the two political parties. I claimed they spent a lot of money on politics. My claim was they spent more than any other individual on politics. That claim still holds.

We don't know how much they spend. That's the biggest problem here. You go onto opensecrets and it'll probably show they spent like $2,000 or something ridiculous like that.

What is a small portion? 5%? 95%? We have no idea, just vague words from someone I wouldn't trust with a stick.

I didn't say Trump received from the Koch brothers. The Koch brothers have decided to go for a more direct route at the voters, rather than spending on the politicians. They have tried to change how people think, rather than getting their own politicians in power.

There's a massive difference between SCIENCE and trying to figure out where people are sending their money, if you haven't noticed.

The thread is about global warming so excuse me, If I try to relate to the topic at least in some way.

The Global Warming topic here is more about the narrative than what is actually happening in the world. It's about who believes who.

The Koch brothers, and many other rich oil magnets, are pumping millions into denying there is any man made global warming, and people here are sucking it up.

My problem with the koch brothers, who almost went to prison for stealing oil by the way, now have the blessing from our politicians to pollute for profit. Anything for profit and the public be damned.

link below, one of many about these thieving, polluting right wing heroes.

Uncloaking the Koch Brothers’ Ethics – Molly Aloysius: My Thoughts, My World

:2up: :laugh2: :lalala: So where is John Kerry this week? Riding his Wal-Mart bicycle in three feet of snow somewhere in the Northeast?
Oh, and didnt some/or someone on the far left want to put anyone who didnt believe the world was warming in jail? :laugh:
So where are they now? Probably not in the rust belt/trip-state/New England.
Well, 2018 looks like the year the world will be laughing at Liberals,,,BIG TIME !!!
Even the polar bears have already started making new Al Gore Jokes in the north pole.
:funnyface: :happy-1: :slap:

because a sixth grade drop out like you knows more than climate scientists?

:rofl:

:2up: :laugh2: :lalala: So where is John Kerry this week? Riding his Wal-Mart bicycle in three feet of snow somewhere in the Northeast?
Oh, and didnt some/or someone on the far left want to put anyone who didnt believe the world was warming in jail? :laugh:
So where are they now? Probably not in the rust belt/trip-state/New England.
Well, 2018 looks like the year the world will be laughing at Liberals,,,BIG TIME !!!
Even the polar bears have already started making new Al Gore Jokes in the north pole.
:funnyface: :happy-1: :slap:

because a sixth grade drop out like you knows more than climate scientists?

And what school did I go to?

Any cold snap always brings out the "Durrr ... I saw a snowflake, so global warming is a hoax!" mouthbreathers.

If only we environmentalists done better at stopping children from eating lead paint chips, this could have been prevented. For that, we aplogize to Rexx.

Are you going to explain how all that warming got trapped in the deep ocean?
i wonder if the loony left has any idea how cold its gonna be at least for the next two weeks? I suppose the sub-zero weather to come is caused by all of this warming

"

What do I do?

My problem with the koch brothers, who almost went to prison for stealing oil by the way, now have the blessing from our politicians to pollute for profit. Anything for profit and the public be damned.

link below, one of many about these thieving, polluting right wing heroes.

Uncloaking the Koch Brothers’ Ethics – Molly Aloysius: My Thoughts, My World
. On right hand we have the job producers and huge investors in this country, and then on the left hand you have the whacky job killing left who won't even execute the most heinus criminal's known to mankind anymore. The nation has had enough of the bullcrap already.

so will John Kerry be in another bike race next year? hey, maybe next time a deer will jot out in front of his bike and John will be airborne while eating his fries and ketchup

29 F degrees in Central Florida this morning. Global warming my ass.

Of course in Convoluted Libtard World extreme cold weather definitely means global warming. That is the only way they can explain it. Just think of the idiots that fall for the scam. Of course they are the same Moon Bat assholes that wear pink pussy hats and are pissed because we are all getting tax cuts so go figure.

Of course in Convoluted Libtard World extreme cold weather definitely means global warming. That is the only way they can explain it. Just think of the idiots that fall for the scam. Of course they are the same Moon Bat assholes that wear pink pussy hats and are pissed because we are all getting tax cuts so go figure.
I feel sorry for the 987 million Florida lizards looking for a warm place to sleep these last 2 nites

How can the icebergs be melting if the Great Lakes are freezing over? The weather we are experiencing on the East Coast is severe but it's not the first time Charleston S.C or Florida had snow. In other words cold weather is cold and hot weather is hot just like it has been for recorded history regardless of clueless Al Gore's anti-American posturing.

I feel sorry for the 987 million Florida lizards looking for a warm place to sleep these last 2 nites

We like those little fellows. They eat the cockroaches.

Of course my cat eats the lizards.

NowThatsCold-411869.JPG

How can the icebergs be melting if the Great Lakes are freezing over? The weather we are experiencing on the East Coast is severe but it's not the first time Charleston S.C or Florida had snow. In other words cold weather is cold and hot weather is hot just like it has been for recorded history regardless of clueless Al Gore's anti-American posturing.

I drove past Erie today. It's a different pattern than I've seen in the past. Usually it starts freezing at the shoreline and moves out into the lake. This time the shoreline is still water and I can see it's frozen a mile or so from the shore and moving inwards.

The more ice--the less snow "usually." It's only 7 degrees now (with windchill, about -15) but global warming is predicted to be back next week with highs in the 30's and one day in the 40's. :banana:

I drove past Erie today. It's a different pattern than I've seen in the past. Usually it starts freezing at the shoreline and moves out into the lake. This time the shoreline is still water and I can see it's frozen a mile or so from the shore and moving inwards.

The more ice--the less snow "usually." It's only 7 degrees now (with windchill, about -15) but global warming is predicted to be back next week with highs in the 30's and one day in the 40's. :banana:
i wonder what %%% of those in Ohio are contemplating moving much much further south by now

Considering that even scientists argue over global warming being caused by man or not, how can non scientists like most of the posters on this board be so certain about their own positions? Well, I'm guessing there are no scientists here, but there might be one or two. Still, even the experts can't seem to agree.

It's called common sense. If the planet were warming, it would be consistent, not now and then. Several years ago they were predicting massive amounts of hurricanes in the following years, and they actually reduced quite a bit. Hurricanes are how water cools down when it gets too warm.

The real problem in the US is that everything boils down to politics in this country. The Constitution is politics, our healthcare is politics, our environment is politics, our diet is politics, our industry is politics, our entertainment is politics, our education is politics, even our internet is politics. Everything is politics.

When politics is involved, everything is suspect. When it comes to the environment, we don't know one-tenth of what we would need to know in order to conclude that man has control over the environment. Hell.....we can't even predict the weather accurately for five days in a row.

Taking man out of the picture, the planet actually pollutes itself. The animals pollute the planet and emit CO2. We've had volcanic eruptions as long as we were able to record things. Oil seeps into our oceans and continues today. Forest fires that we need to put out, and then restarted again so as not to disrupt the natural rejuvenation process of forests go on all the time--especially in California.

There is a cleansing process that we are totally unaware of yet. The earth cleans itself.

It's called common sense. If the planet were warming, it would be consistent, not now and then. Several years ago they were predicting massive amounts of hurricanes in the following years, and they actually reduced quite a bit. Hurricanes are how water cools down when it gets too warm.

The real problem in the US is that everything boils down to politics in this country. The Constitution is politics, our healthcare is politics, our environment is politics, our diet is politics, our industry is politics, our entertainment is politics, our education is politics, even our internet is politics. Everything is politics.

When politics is involved, everything is suspect. When it comes to the environment, we don't know one-tenth of what we would need to know in order to conclude that man has control over the environment. Hell.....we can't even predict the weather accurately for five days in a row.

Taking man out of the picture, the planet actually pollutes itself. The animals pollute the planet and emit CO2. We've had volcanic eruptions as long as we were able to record things. Oil seeps into our oceans and continues today. Forest fires that we need to put out, and then restarted again so as not to disrupt the natural rejuvenation process of forests go on all the time--especially in California.

There is a cleansing process that we are totally unaware of yet. The earth cleans itself.

has anyone ever asked Gore why the ice keeps getting thicker in both poles?

Forum List

Back