Remains of Catholics' youngest saint coming to Chicago

That's really weird. In fact, its weird that they even believe that crap. Of course, they also believe in demonic possession LOL

The remains of the youngest saint canonized by the Roman Catholic Church are expected to arrive in Chicago at dawn Monday as part of a 16-state tour during her first visit to the U.S.

St. Maria Goretti, an 11-year-old Italian girl stabbed to death while resisting a sexual assault more than a century ago, will be on display for 24 hours at St. John Cantius Church in the Goose Island neighborhood before moving on to St. John Vianney in Northlake, St. Francis of Assisi in Orland Park and St. Mary Immaculate in Plainfield. Revered as a model of mercy, St. Maria Goretti is believed to have forgiven her killer and appeared to him later as an apparition, inspiring his conversion.

I have always found relics to be a bit odd.
St. Maria Goretti, an 11-year-old Italian girl stabbed to death while resisting a sexual assault more than a century ago, will be on display for 24 hours at St. John Cantius Church
How sick is that, carting a dead body around the world for some bizarre religious ritual 16 state tour

"Visitors will see a wax statue encased in a glass coffin containing St. Maria Goretti's decomposed remains. She was brought into the church after a prayer outside."

"During a special mass, faithful touched her glass coffin and prayed. It was a moving moment for many."

How ghoulish
It has no meaning for you so you ridicule those who find it meaningful. Must be quite the time saver to keep your mind slammed shut.
This is a forum. The point is to talk about things. Vulgar or not :thup:

If remembering people who have gone before us is morbid than there's a lot of morbid going around.

It's not just "remembering people who have gone before us". Relics have a very strange history.
Uh huh. Ignore the value others get when they acknowledge the people the relics represent and how they are able to learn and/or grow in faith from the experience. Just pass it off as strange.
http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Bones-Dust-History-Medieval/dp/0300184301&tag=ff0d01-20

Again. It has a very strange history.
It has no meaning for you so you ridicule those who find it meaningful. Must be quite the time saver to keep your mind slammed shut.

So tell me, dragging a 100 year old dead corpse around the world so people can grovel to it has what meaning?
It has meaning for some people. Why isn't that enough for you? Seriously. If you aren't Catholic, if you aren't interested in being inspired by the life of saints why call it grovelling? Just because you aren't interested in participating, why lash out at something that matters to others? Are you really that juvenile?
Are you really that juvenile?

I am not the one who lives in the bizarre-o world of corpse veneration and other Medieval superstitious juvenile nonsense
That certainly answers my question. There are many people praying for you and your fellow scoffers.

Were you talking to me or Guno?
Guno. You keep repeating that it's strange. I'm giving you the last word.:blahblah:

If you believe physical objects have supernatural powers that puts you on the same level as a witch doctor.

If you need a physical object to remind you to act right, my dogs are smarter than you.

The remains of the youngest saint canonized by the Roman Catholic Church are expected to arrive in Chicago at dawn Monday as part of a 16-state tour during her first visit to the U.S.

St. Maria Goretti, an 11-year-old Italian girl stabbed to death while resisting a sexual assault more than a century ago, will be on display for 24 hours at St. John Cantius Church in the Goose Island neighborhood before moving on to St. John Vianney in Northlake, St. Francis of Assisi in Orland Park and St. Mary Immaculate in Plainfield. Revered as a model of mercy, St. Maria Goretti is believed to have forgiven her killer and appeared to him later as an apparition, inspiring his conversion.

St. Maria Goretti, an 11-year-old Italian girl stabbed to death while resisting a sexual assault more than a century ago, will be on display for 24 hours at St. John Cantius Church
How sick is that, carting a dead body around the world for some bizarre religious ritual 16 state tour

"Visitors will see a wax statue encased in a glass coffin containing St. Maria Goretti's decomposed remains. She was brought into the church after a prayer outside."

"During a special mass, faithful touched her glass coffin and prayed. It was a moving moment for many."

How ghoulish
That's what I was doing. The point is indeed, to talk about things -concepts, opinions and so on. If you have something meaningful to say to me TNHarley, other than your blindingly obvious observation that this is a forum, please do so.

If you believe physical objects have supernatural powers that puts you on the same level as a witch doctor.

If you need a physical object to remind you to act right, my dogs are smarter than you.
Who said they "need" them?

How ghoulish
That's what I was doing. The point is indeed, to talk about things -concepts, opinions and so on. If you have something meaningful to say to me TNHarley, other than your blindingly obvious observation that this is a forum, please do so.
Is that why you were getting on the other poster for doing the POINT of this?

That's really weird. In fact, its weird that they even believe that crap. Of course, they also believe in demonic possession LOL
Yes they do. And from what I hear about it, you best hope you are never possessed by a demon because you won't be LOLing at all.

How ghoulish
The point is to discuss not dismiss, that was my point. Maybe all these POINTS are getting you confused!

How ghoulish
The point is to discuss not dismiss, that was my point. Maybe all these POINTS are getting you confused!
lol ok

Yes they do. And from what I hear about it, you best hope you are never possessed by a demon because you won't be LOLing at all.
Im pretty sure I wont be getting possessed. Those beliefs were started when people were ignorant and weak and needed to explain things. It amazes me people still believe that shit.
The levels of close mindedness a person can sustain, blows my fuckin mind.

It's not just "remembering people who have gone before us". Relics have a very strange history.
Uh huh. Ignore the value others get when they acknowledge the people the relics represent and how they are able to learn and/or grow in faith from the experience. Just pass it off as strange.
http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Bones-Dust-History-Medieval/dp/0300184301&tag=ff0d01-20

So tell me, dragging a 100 year old dead corpse around the world so people can grovel to it has what meaning?
It has meaning for some people. Why isn't that enough for you? Seriously. If you aren't Catholic, if you aren't interested in being inspired by the life of saints why call it grovelling? Just because you aren't interested in participating, why lash out at something that matters to others? Are you really that juvenile?

I am not the one who lives in the bizarre-o world of corpse veneration and other Medieval superstitious juvenile nonsense
That certainly answers my question. There are many people praying for you and your fellow scoffers.

Guno. You keep repeating that it's strange. I'm giving you the last word.:blahblah:

Read the history and get back to me. I'm a third generation Italian. Half of my family are Roman Catholics. I mean every day early morning mass Catholics. Catholicism and relics are not alien. Relics predate Christianity-nonetheless they have historically been used for cash purposes within Christianity. Hence, pilgrimages. Due to the cash factor, there were multiple accounts of "counterfeits". The cash is the reason that there are so many thefts today---just like Medieval Christianity.

Read the history and get back to me. I'm a third generation Italian. Half of my family are Roman Catholics. I mean every day early morning mass Catholics. Catholicism and relics are not alien. Relics predate Christianity-nonetheless they have historically been used for cash purposes within Christianity. Hence, pilgrimages. Due to the cash factor, there were multiple accounts of "counterfeits". The cash is the reason that there are so many thefts today---just like Medieval Christianity.
No. I don't have to get back to you. Nor do I have to prove myself by giving you my Catholic resume'. Peace be with you.

Im pretty sure I wont be getting possessed. Those beliefs were started when people were ignorant and weak and needed to explain things. It amazes me people still believe that shit.

So you don't believe in God. What a novel position. Go join all the other intellects who scoff. The same ones who think life sprung from a rock and then started to form ears and backbones and wings and brains all by chance.

Blows my mind.

So you don't believe in God. What a novel position. Go join all the other intellects who scoff. The same ones who think life sprung from a rock and then started to form ears and backbones and wings and brains all by chance.

Blows my mind.
I don't believe in a man made "God". I am agnostic and dont doubt a supreme being. If someone did create us, I don't think they would rape woman to birth their child. Or send people to an eternity of fire for having unconformed thoughts.
I think an alien putting us here is just as likely as a man made god.

Blows my mind.
I don't believe in a man made "God". I am agnostic and dont doubt a supreme being. If someone did create us, I don't think they would rape woman to birth their child. Or send people to an eternity of fire for having unconformed thoughts.

In other words, you are totally clueless about if there is a God and if there is a purpose for our lives and consequences.

And you do not care one way or another.

Such a position would either scare me to death or make me go mad. It is the serenity of a fool, IMO.

Blows my mind.

In other words, you are totally clueless about if there is a God and if there is a purpose for our lives and consequences.

And you do not care one way or another.

Such a position would either scare me to death or make me go mad. It is the serenity of a fool, IMO.
Serenity of a fool for not believing in something that was written by man, no proof, massive hypocrisy, inconsistencies, similar folklore with the same stories thousands of years before jesus, and it has been interpreted 10,000 times? LOL ok

Serenity of a fool for not believing in something that was written by man, no proof, massive hypocrisy, inconsistencies, similar folklore with the same stories thousands of years before jesus, and it has been interpreted 10,000 times? LOL ok

It is a fool who does not care enough to seek with all his fervor is there a God and why are we here.

It is a fool who does not care enough to know what happens when he dies and just rolls the dice.

It is the fool who calmly accepts we could have been planted here by an alien or hyper complex life just evolved from molecules crashing into each other without an intelligent designer.

You say there is no proof for the Judeo-Christian God? Well, sorry, you are not trying too hard, IMO. Either that, or you have so much pride you will look for any reason or excuse to try to explain away a host of well documented miracles or supernatural manifestations. I never could understand the “blindness” or hardened hearts of the atheist scientists and their fellow travelers.

To think is nothing but folklore tales tells me you do not care or you do not want to believe. It is sad and I do not feel like being sympathetic today, more blunt.

It is a fool who does not care enough to seek with all his fervor is there a God and why are we here.

It is a fool who does not care enough to know what happens when he dies and just rolls the dice.

It is the fool who calmly accepts we could have been planted here by an alien or hyper complex life just evolved from molecules crashing into each other without an intelligent designer.

You say there is no proof for the Judeo-Christian God? Well, sorry, you are not trying too hard, IMO. Either that, or you have so much pride you will look for any reason or excuse to try to explain away a host of well documented miracles or supernatural manifestations. I never could understand the “blindness” or hardened hearts of the atheist scientists and their fellow travelers.

To think is nothing but folklore tales tells me you do not care or you do not want to believe. It is sad and I do not feel like being sympathetic today, more blunt.
I used to want to have faith. But I couldn't find it. He didn't "speak" to me. Also, I applied logic :)
Well documented? LMAO
Science can confirm weather patterns from millions of years ago, and they cant confirm a flood as described.
Where are those chariots that got washed away from the water parting? Why haven't they found them?

I don't need your sympathy. Bluntness is always appreciated with me :thup:

Forum List

Back