Remains of Catholics' youngest saint coming to Chicago

They go through all the theatrics for entertainment then? That would make more sense I suppose. Entertainment is not something we take seriously though, it's for fun. Nice try.
If you bothered to read what I said back on page one you might realize how stupid you sound. Never mind. I'll spell it out for you. No. Just as they don't need to look at a crucifix to remember that Jesus died for our sins, they sometimes look at a crucifix anyway. No, not for entertainment, but in prayer. Similarly, they may choose to gaze upon a relic from a saint, consider what the saint did, and pray for similar grace. Can they do that without the relic? Yes, of course.

The only entertainment value apparently, is when people like you make fun of other's faith. Let the good times roll, I guess.
If you have faith in a wooden idol, I'll make fun of it. With or without your approval. Idolizing bones is equally inane. Talking to you only reaffirms it. It makes zero sense to make a BIG production of something unless it's important. You can't have it bother ways, it matters or it doesn't.

There's no magic in the bones except what you ascribe to it. The bones can't hear you. If you don't need the bones, why bother?
Let me put it another way. Praying that people like you open your hearts to God may not do any good, but many still bother.
So you're going to double down? If I don't believe in God your way I need prayer? Kinda arrogant isn't it?
Nope. I just care about your immortal soul, even if you don't. Anyway, it's no skin off your nose that people are praying to God for you if there's no God, right? .
I didn't claim there was no God. I responded to your idiocy and you went downhill from there and couldn't understand simple words.

Relics = money. They say every altar has a relic (even just a bone chip) under it. Watch the Pillars of the Earth, there is a church made of all skulls.
So, what's your point? Money is bad? OK. Ask the people the Catholic Church has helped all over the world if they wish the Church was as poor as a church mouse.
That's your interpretation of her point? You're a moron.

Relics = money. They say every altar has a relic (even just a bone chip) under it. Watch the Pillars of the Earth, there is a church made of all skulls.
So, what's your point? Money is bad? OK. Ask the people the Catholic Church has helped all over the world if they wish the Church was as poor as a church mouse.
Fine, smart guy. You tell me her point.

If you bothered to read what I said back on page one you might realize how stupid you sound. Never mind. I'll spell it out for you. No. Just as they don't need to look at a crucifix to remember that Jesus died for our sins, they sometimes look at a crucifix anyway. No, not for entertainment, but in prayer. Similarly, they may choose to gaze upon a relic from a saint, consider what the saint did, and pray for similar grace. Can they do that without the relic? Yes, of course.

The only entertainment value apparently, is when people like you make fun of other's faith. Let the good times roll, I guess.
If you have faith in a wooden idol, I'll make fun of it. With or without your approval. Idolizing bones is equally inane. Talking to you only reaffirms it. It makes zero sense to make a BIG production of something unless it's important. You can't have it bother ways, it matters or it doesn't.

There's no magic in the bones except what you ascribe to it. The bones can't hear you. If you don't need the bones, why bother?
Let me put it another way. Praying that people like you open your hearts to God may not do any good, but many still bother.
So you're going to double down? If I don't believe in God your way I need prayer? Kinda arrogant isn't it?
Nope. I just care about your immortal soul, even if you don't. Anyway, it's no skin off your nose that people are praying to God for you if there's no God, right? .
I didn't claim there was no God. I responded to your idiocy and you went downhill from there and couldn't understand simple words.
Uh huh. Must be my arrogance that followed you downhill.

Fine, smart guy. You tell me her point.
Relics making the church money says nothing about money itself. Lots of ways to make money without using emotional appeal for inanimate objects.

I'm not the one promoting voodoo.

Yes I am aware of all the good the RCC does, but as far as relics go that is obsolete, and having bodies on display should also be done away with. Its rather gross. Also stating bodies do not corrupt is an out an out lie, they do , sooner or later. Digging up bodies is even worst. I had hoped the RCC had quit this nonsense, but I guess not.

Voodoo. And you call ME a moron! Good bye. You've wasted enough of my time.

Yes I am aware of all the good the RCC does, but as far as relics go that is obsolete, and having bodies on display should also be done away with. Its rather gross. Also stating bodies do not corrupt is an out an out lie, they do , sooner or later. Digging up bodies is even worst. I had hoped the RCC had quit this nonsense, but I guess not.
Thank you for clarifying.

If you believe physical objects have supernatural powers that puts you on the same level as a witch doctor.

If you need a physical object to remind you to act right, my dogs are smarter than you.
Who said they "need" them?
They go through all the theatrics for entertainment then? That would make more sense I suppose. Entertainment is not something we take seriously though, it's for fun. Nice try.

And whats up with all the statues and bowing to statues?

pope_worship.jpg

processionmary1024.jpg

What was that thing about graven images?

mary-statue-worship.jpg
One thing for sure, you took the time to seek out these pictures of Catholics. Maybe just maybe, one day you'll genuinely ask questions about how to find what they have found in the Church.

Oh I am very familiar what goes on in that church, I had some friends who were priests and nuns that left that nuttiness. Eating cookies that are thought to turn into a man when eaten, drinking wine that supposedly literally turns into blood. .I have studied many religions and the catholic church does many good thing socially but the religion is medieval

Voodoo. And you call ME a moron! Good bye. You've wasted enough of my time.
You believe in pretty much the same things, just different props. You wasted your mind.

That certainly answers my question. There are many people praying for you and your fellow scoffers.

Were you talking to me or Guno?
Guno. You keep repeating that it's strange. I'm giving you the last word.:blahblah:

Read the history and get back to me. I'm a third generation Italian. Half of my family are Roman Catholics. I mean every day early morning mass Catholics. Catholicism and relics are not alien. Relics predate Christianity-nonetheless they have historically been used for cash purposes within Christianity. Hence, pilgrimages. Due to the cash factor, there were multiple accounts of "counterfeits". The cash is the reason that there are so many thefts today---just like Medieval Christianity.
No. I don't have to get back to you. Nor do I have to prove myself by giving you my Catholic resume'. Peace be with you.

Ok. You're an ignorant, rude and obnoxious little snit. Welcome to ignore.
Oh my. I've been called ignorant and rude before but never obnoxious snit! Thanks! Bye-bye!

Who said they "need" them?

pope_worship.jpg

processionmary1024.jpg

mary-statue-worship.jpg
One thing for sure, you took the time to seek out these pictures of Catholics. Maybe just maybe, one day you'll genuinely ask questions about how to find what they have found in the Church.

Oh I am very familiar what goes on in that church, I had some friends who were priests and nuns that left that nuttiness. Eating cookies that are thought to turn into a man when eaten, drinking wine that supposedly literally turns into blood. .I have studied many religions and the catholic church does many good thing socially but the religion is medieval
Priests and nuns that leave the Church because of "..cookies that ..turn into man.." were never priests and nuns in the first place. The body and blood of Christ is direct from the Bible. So, yeah go ahead and call it "medieval". The Church does have a long tradition.

pope_worship.jpg

processionmary1024.jpg

mary-statue-worship.jpg

Priests and nuns that leave the Church because of "..cookies that ..turn into man.." were never priests and nuns in the first place. The body and blood of Christ is direct from the Bible. So, yeah go ahead and call it "medieval". The Church does have a long tradition.

I didn't say they left because of that , just pointing out the whack nut lunacy that is of that church. Many times i got a back stage view such as the unused jesus cookies having to be incinerated also the rectory with the money counting machine in the basement which I saw used, after bingo games to count the loot and there were tons of it, the "gatherings" in the priests living quarters where booze was poured freely within a mixed crowd and the anti religious jokes told. It is all a scam

If anyone gets a chance visit saint Patrick cathedral in NYC, in the entrance hallway they have a souvenir shop with all manner of statues and beads, I should have looked for relics for sale I am sure they have some

I didn't say they left because of that , just pointing out the whack nut lunacy that is of that church. Many times i got a back stage view such as the unused jesus cookies having to be incinerated also the rectory with the money counting machine in the basement which I saw used, after bingo games to count the loot and there were tons of it, the "gatherings" in the priests living quarters where booze was poured freely within a mixed crowd and the anti religious jokes told. It is all a scam

Well if the blessed host was incinerated as you say you witnessed that would be extremely rare and more importantly, highly improper.

So you think bingo is a big cash bonanza making many Catholic Churches wealthy, or their priests? What a lark. First of all, very, very few priests live beyond anything but necessary means. The fact the Church hosts bingo games is hardly a sinful matter.

And now we are to believe that guno has frequented numerous priests’ living quarters where many women and men are present often all getting boozed up. Again, are you trying to insinuate this is rather normal occurrences? Based on your “many” parties? Sure thing. But the fact priests are allowed to consume alcohol should slander who? Me? You? God? Do explain.

I have been a practicing Catholic all my life, I have been in the company of countless priests and many various occasions. I only recall one priest ever telling a joke or making a joke that was in poor taste. Priests are human and do have weaknesses as we all do. I imagine many struggle with sexual thoughts or urges, but I also believe the great majority overcome the worst of it and are graced by God and given strength. For you to suggest this is a scam and that priests are more or less phonies and self-centered pleasure seekers is the real scandal. And that is on you.

Well if the blessed host was incinerated as you say you witnessed that would be extremely rare and more importantly, highly improper.

So you think bingo is a big cash bonanza making many Catholic Churches wealthy, or their priests? What a lark. First of all, very, very few priests live beyond anything but necessary means. The fact the Church hosts bingo games is hardly a sinful matter.

And now we are to believe that guno has frequented numerous priests’ living quarters where many women and men are present often all getting boozed up. Again, are you trying to insinuate this is rather normal occurrences? Based on your “many” parties? Sure thing. But the fact priests are allowed to consume alcohol should slander who? Me? You? God? Do explain.

I have been a practicing Catholic all my life, I have been in the company of countless priests and many various occasions. I only recall one priest ever telling a joke or making a joke that was in poor taste. Priests are human and do have weaknesses as we all do. I imagine many struggle with sexual thoughts or urges, but I also believe the great majority overcome the worst of it and are graced by God and given strength. For you to suggest this is a scam and that priests are more or less phonies and self-centered pleasure seekers is the real scandal. And that is on you.

How embarrassing and self debasing to believe that stuff

Forum List

Back