Religious hatred against Bush

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
You know, I've seen some really dumb arguments, but I actually saw some liberal trying to claim we need to impeach President Bush because he intends to force all Americans to become Catholic. I mean why on earth would an evangelical Christian (Methodist if i remember right) want to force people to become Catholic. It has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Why is it you can't respect religious people without the left freaking out and assuming you are trying to force religion on them?

You know, I've seen some really dumb arguments, but I actually saw some liberal trying to claim we need to impeach President Bush because he intends to force all Americans to become Catholic. I mean why on earth would an evangelical Christian (Methodist if i remember right) want to force people to become Catholic. It has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Why is it you can't respect religious people without the left freaking out and assuming you are trying to force religion on them?

Just the word " religion" makes most of em feel guilty for being so damn self- centered.

There's a radio host here that is telling people it is the Religious Right that is against the Pres lowering the flags to half-staff. He keeps repeating that they don't like Catholics. I sent him an e-mail telling him that I have not heard even one RR saying this and pointed out that not even one call from a RR was saying that. I pointed out that his Lib callers were the ones that were upset and that he had not one example of the right being upset including the Evangelicals. He isn't listening however.

It is probably due to the numerous times that live-and-let-live individuals have experienced nosey “Christian” busybodies trying to force religion on them.

It is probably due to the numerous times that live-and-let-live individuals have experienced nosey “Christian” busybodies trying to force religion on them.

It's called "evangelizing," and it's the same thing that atheists/agnostics do when they argue their positions: trying to convince others of the truth of their beliefs.

I gotta tell ya, there is not a thing that could be said to me that would sway my beliefs.

True though, both atheists and christians do try to influence.

It's called "evangelizing," and it's the same thing that atheists/agnostics do when they argue their positions: trying to convince others of the truth of their beliefs.

There are shades of gray between evangelizing and harassment. Telling someone about Christ is one thing. Picketing and screaming at someone’s house at all hours of the day is quite another thing. Passing by someone on a sidewalk and asking to talk to him is one thing. Following him to his home and continuing to ask to speak to him about Christ is quite another.

There are shades of gray between evangelizing and harassment. Telling someone about Christ is one thing. Picketing and screaming at someone’s house at all hours of the day is quite another thing. Passing by someone on a sidewalk and asking to talk to him is one thing. Following him to his home and continuing to ask to speak to him about Christ is quite another.

I'm not aware of instances of people picketing a house in order to spread the gospel.

I'm not aware of instances of people picketing a house in order to spread the gospel.

I thought so too! I live in Wheaton, where the evangelicals can get rather aggressive, but never follow anyone or picket or well anything like that. Just trying to 'save others.' Not much wrong in that.

This kind of thinking confuses me. I have seen looneys standing on a street corner shouting & I have seen looneys shouting at funerals, but in reality, this is incredibly rare & that behaviour is not exactly smiled upon by most religous folks. In fact, I do believe there is some scripture warning against these people...

On the other hand, I am forced to pay property taxes... forced at the point of a gun as a certain recent news story is making quite clear. Those property taxes go to fund schools that 1) I won't let my child attend attend & therefore shouldn't be forced to fun because 2) government schools teach things that I simply do not believe in... not only do I not believe in them, but I find some of the teachings to be downright evil.

How's that for shoving something down your thoat?

Now, I can't wait to see some knee-jerk to react to something I didn't just say.:eusa_whistle:

You can't force religion on people. People will believe what they want even if threatened by death.

Besides, I see you liberals "forcing" your religion on the rest of us more than the other way around.

You can't force religion on people. People will believe what they want even if threatened by death.

Besides, I see you liberals "forcing" your religion on the rest of us more than the other way around.

Not to mention the so called "live and let live" compassionate crowd takes our money at the threat of violence and spreads it around to others.

They also demand that parents of poor children dont have school choice, and FORCE then into vastly inferior schools condemning a majority to a live of low standards.

Then there are the rules and regulations they force upon us, like in Callifornia, an employee cannot stop and employee from cross dressing on the job, or they will be fined an enourmous amount of money.

Then we can talk about their opposistion to the FREE market.

Give me a break, calling yourself (Im not referring to you Avatar) the "live and let live" crowd, do you break your arm often patting yourself on the back?

Especially when he can't even measure up to the tenets of his own faith.

Especially when he can't even measure up to the tenets of his own faith.

Neither were King David, Solomon, Abraham, or Moses. SO, whats your point?

Or should I ask you, he who is without sin, cast the first stone....

How is Christianity Forced on Americans, or Canadians.......or whoever.

Is someone holding a meat cleaver to folks necks and telling them to accept Jesus or die?

Please define, what you mean by being "forced"?

I am aware of people with signs proclaiming various gospel passages picketing a business in downtown Augusta, Maine that had live lingeree models in their storefront.... clad in rather un-revealing outfits, by the way, and they blocked the sidewalk and screamed and harassed passing motorists and kept it up until the business closed and all of their employees had to find new work.... Jesus would be so proud...

does that count?

How is Christianity Forced on Americans, or Canadians.......or whoever.

Is someone holding a meat cleaver to folks necks and telling them to accept Jesus or die?

Please define, what you mean by being "forced"?

Okay. “Force” may be a poorly chosen term. I have seen Christian try to convert people to Christianity by practically every means short of violence. Examples include shouting, picketing, daily harassment, and teasing.

Forum List

Back