Religious hatred against Bush

You know, I've seen some really dumb arguments, but I actually saw some liberal trying to claim we need to impeach President Bush because he intends to force all Americans to become Catholic. I mean why on earth would an evangelical Christian (Methodist if i remember right) want to force people to become Catholic. It has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Why is it you can't respect religious people without the left freaking out and assuming you are trying to force religion on them?

What idiot said this?

A truly analytical mind would never rule out the existence of god, or any gods. There is no evidence they don't exist, nor any that they do.

A truly analytical mind would never rule out the existence of god, or any gods. There is no evidence they don't exist, nor any that they do.

"There is no such thing as gravity, the earth sucks."Ghandi

I'll accept the bottom statement before I could swallow yours.:razz:

That is so true. There might even be nuclear missiles in Iraq. Just because we have not found them does not mean that they do not exist. The same can be said for unicorns.

I learned to be assertive. Say “Buzz off and leave me alone”. If they persisted, I ignored them. If they become too much of a nuisance, I threatened to contact police.

Man I run into bible Christians like that all the time.:cuckoo:

They're the worst. It's like living in Iran and being a Jew or an American Christian. They just want to threaten to kill you, your family etc, if you don't bow a knee or both knees to Jesus.:cuckoo:

Just the other day, a couple Baptists from the local church down the street, told me my days were numbered if I didn't accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. They have an insidious network here in the United States. First of all they all meet secretly in these buildings on Sunday Mornings...........Some even are so radical that they go back to these buildings on a Sunday evening and meet and plot some more.

On Wednesday's many of them get together at houses of other members, and the read that little propaganda manual, they call God's Word, or the bible, that we all know is just a manmade fantasy book of moral expectations, and historical accounts of their God's savagery towards mankind.

These folks cannot be trusted as they might be trying to put a hex on you behind your back. They call it praying for you, but really they're trying to convert you to their insidious, mind controlling belief system. It's really scary.

I think that our country was really at error when we interrred the Japanese Americans during WW2, better yet we would have all done a service to mankind if we could have interred all those bible thumpers in the Utah dessert, and denied them access to those Maoist type Jesus manuals called bibles, and just let them read, Mother Earth Quarterly, and the Sierra Club news.

I'm telling yah, if we let these Jesus folks keep up, we are going to have the next Third Reich here right in our beautiful U.S. of A.. None of us will have any rights to free speech, or rights to MAMBLA membership.........we will be totally contrained. Targets stores and 7/11's will have to close on Sundays.............its hellish folks.......it's hellish.......They're worse than those that deny the hollocaust, and global warming.

I'm scared........My intellect will is being threatened. They'll make me turn in my bong for Pan Pipes. It's insidious I tell yah, insidious!

How is Christianity Forced on Americans, or Canadians.......or whoever.

Is someone holding a meat cleaver to folks necks and telling them to accept Jesus or die?

Please define, what you mean by being "forced"?

As a matter of fact, wasnt it a bunch of Christian men who got together and made freedom to worship whatever religion one wanted to , as one of the most important "rights" that an individual can have, for the first time in history?

And isnt it always the liberal lefties who are reminding us that the Constitution guarantees us freedom from religion, the same Constitution that was forged by a bunch of Christian men? Certainly not atheists, Jews or Muslims, or Hindu, or anything else.

I am aware of people with signs proclaiming various gospel passages picketing a business in downtown Augusta, Maine that had live lingeree models in their storefront.... clad in rather un-revealing outfits, by the way, and they blocked the sidewalk and screamed and harassed passing motorists and kept it up until the business closed and all of their employees had to find new work.... Jesus would be so proud...

does that count?

I couldnt agree with you more. Hell, I wanted to open a condom store and have live models showing how to put them on properly, and those damn Christians shut me down,,

And speaking of being proud, Im sure you would be damn proud if it was your daughter up there modeling....

That is so true. There might even be nuclear missiles in Iraq. Just because we have not found them does not mean that they do not exist. The same can be said for unicorns.

Yes, yes, and more yes. But the crux of this is really about believing something based on evidence, or reasoning...
as opposed to some 'Since I don't know it's false, it must be true' sort of logic.

So, we have no proof that Unicorns are not in Iraq.
We just have no reason to believe there are.

Now, who wants to really spend a year searching for them, and who will wait for proof to be offered before believing in these majestic beasts?

There's as much evidence of God as there is that Elvis lives at Big Boy and has been spotted by Enquirer readers for years.

Again, to the fans of the king - I have zero proof that Elvis is dead... I just have no credible reason to think otherwise.

As a matter of fact, wasnt it a bunch of Christian men who got together and made freedom to worship whatever religion one wanted to , as one of the most important "rights" that an individual can have, for the first time in history?

Weren't these Christians in a foreign land (AMerica) run by pagans (natives) and free to worship whomever they wished? The religious persecution was brought here, and perfected on the burning bodies of witches.

Yes, yes, and more yes. But the crux of this is really about believing something based on evidence, or reasoning...
as opposed to some 'Since I don't know it's false, it must be true' sort of logic.

So, we have no proof that Unicorns are not in Iraq.
We just have no reason to believe there are.

Now, who wants to really spend a year searching for them, and who will wait for proof to be offered before believing in these majestic beasts?

If it's evidence you want, there's a best seller out there called, Evidence Demands A Verdict" by Josh McDowell........Now whether you've got the "cajones" to read it with an open mind, that's your call. So far, from the "bent" of your posts, I doubt you'd check it out. Your opinion seems to hold more weight than evidences.

Of course, I forgot, the author is a Christian, so that immediately flags the book with "bias" for you intellects, so might as well forget it. You wouldn't read it would you?

You'd need an atheist author to write a book on valid evidences proving the existence of God.........Oh, wait.......how can you be an atheist and give evidences that God exists...............?

Quite a quandary huh? Guess your opinion about God will have to be your measure of reality.:cuckoo: Enjoy your self-made world of reality, and captainship.:razz:

If it's evidence you want, there's a best seller out there called, Evidence Demands A Verdict" by Josh McDowell........Now whether you've got the "cajones" to read it with an open mind, that's your call. So far, from the "bent" of your posts, I doubt you'd check it out. Your opinion seems to hold more weight than evidences.

Evidence That Demands a Verdict is a classic book but it has been refuted and criticized by several people. I’ve read the book. I have also read the rebuttals and criticisms. See the following links. See what people say about the book at

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Evidence-Demands-Questions-Challenging-Christians/dp/0785243631[/ame]

After reading the book, check out the following links:

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jeff_lowder/jury/

http://www.jcnot4me.com/Items/jc=zombie/evidence_demand_verdict.htm

I imagine that for every book of Christian apologetics there is a book or web site countering it. There is probably information to counter those that counter the Christian books. The debate goes on and on and on.

Of course, I forgot, the author is a Christian, so that immediately flags the book with "bias" for you intellects, so might as well forget it. You wouldn't read it would you?

You'd need an atheist author to write a book on valid evidences proving the existence of God.........Oh, wait.......how can you be an atheist and give evidences that God exists...............?

An atheistic writer who convinces himself that God exists would, by definition, no longer be an atheist. Have you ever heard of Lee Strobel?

Check out http://www.leestrobel.com/

Evidence That Demands a Verdict is a classic book but it has been refuted and criticized by several people. I’ve read the book. I have also read the rebuttals and criticisms. See the following links. See what people say about the book at

http://www.amazon.com/Evidence-Demands-Questions-Challenging-Christians/dp/0785243631&tag=ff0d01-20

After reading the book, check out the following links:

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jeff_lowder/jury/

http://www.jcnot4me.com/Items/jc=zombie/evidence_demand_verdict.htm

I imagine that for every book of Christian apologetics there is a book or web site countering it. There is probably information to counter those that counter the Christian books. The debate goes on and on and on.

McDowell probably isn't the A number one reference that I would personally rely on, but I threw the first one out there that I could remember.

An atheistic writer who convinces himself that God exists would, by definition, no longer be an atheist. Have you ever heard of Lee Strobel?

Yes, my very point!.. Lee Strobel.......Oh yes......know him, yes!

Check out http://www.leestrobel.com/

I will check out the critiques too, thank you.

Weren't these Christians in a foreign land (AMerica) run by pagans (natives) and free to worship whomever they wished? The religious persecution was brought here, and perfected on the burning bodies of witches.

Actually,, you should take that up with the native Americans of the time. Most Indian tribes didnt have the concept of land ownership, and hence would not concur the notion of being in a "foreign land", they felt the land belonged to nobody and anyone could go wherever they wanted, hence the "invaders" as you see them, were not considered invaders by many of the tribes.

Not to mention that persecution already existed in the Americas before white man arrived. Check out the history of persecution of some of the Indian "tribes" on other Indians, particularly even more so as you go into present day Mexico , central America and south. In fact, it also included human sacrafices. hmmm,,,you think its a good thing the foreign invaders ended that?

Also, Salem was quite an anamoly,,,,not a very good example.

Quite a quandary huh? Guess your opinion about God will have to be your measure of reality.:cuckoo: Enjoy your self-made world of reality, and captainship.:razz:

Not too mention Aquinas. ;) Although pagan doesn't necessarily mean atheist. I think atheism must take a lot of work, not just nowadays, always.

The torturous treatment of the early Christian missionarys in the Northeast of our country was terrible.

Most of these missionarys were Catholic. There was no forceful persuasion by these missionarys that brought on their terrible treatment by these North American residents.

Stories of their slow death at the hands of the "peace loving(not)" North Americans before the cruel white men came is documented all over.

European Christian missionarys were skinned alive, burned slowly, etc...........back in the 1700's. Many were French Catholics.
Seems you've fallen into the prevailing propaganda that the American Indian was by far a peace loving race/nation.

Not to say that there weren't tribes that were basically docile, but the horrendous treatment of innocent Europeans by the Indians of the Northeast was unexcuseable. These treatments were not provoked by ill treatment from the missionarys either.

These folks weren't anymore godly angels than many of the the butcherous Europeans.
Neither the Europeans or the American indigenous Indians were all this way, but a few, tainted the whole barrel of apples.
Becareful with your statements. Knowledge is good, a little knowledge can be dangerous.

The torturous treatment of the early Christian missionarys in the Northeast of our country was terrible.

Most of these missionarys were Catholic. There was no forceful persuasion by these missionarys that brought on their terrible treatment by these North American residents.

Stories of their slow death at the hands of the "peace loving(not)" North Americans before the cruel white men came is documented all over.

European Christian missionarys were skinned alive, burned slowly, etc...........back in the 1700's. Many were French Catholics.
Seems you've fallen into the prevailing propaganda that the American Indian was by far a peace loving race/nation.

Not to say that there weren't tribes that were basically docile, but the horrendous treatment of innocent Europeans by the Indians of the Northeast was unexcuseable. These treatments were not provoked by ill treatment from the missionarys either.

These folks weren't anymore godly angels than many of the the butcherous Europeans.
Neither the Europeans or the American indigenous Indians were all this way, but a few, tainted the whole barrel of apples.
Becareful with your statements. Knowledge is good, a little knowledge can be dangerous.

There are no races in any period of history where religious persecution didnt exist. And NON religous persecution that has been practiced in history makes the religious persecution look like a day at the park.

Forum List

Back