Zone1 Religions Don't Need to Clash - Scott Ritter.

Is that your own interpretation of Noah's flood? Fair enough the whole story has to be amended to match it and work with it. You know the details as well as I so I won't get into it.

What is the evidence for that? It can be that creationism fighting science has been the cause of a lot of the trouble.

It needs a rewrite if it's going to be taught to children in my opinion. Children are given the sort of stories that we've been talking about and they believe them to be the literal truth. They buy into it as surely as the buy into Santa.

Is there any attempt being made to tell children the truth about the big fish, Noah's ark, etc?

Thank you for a polite and friendly discussion. We might be able to make some progress on our differing opinions.

mr. ding join in but please keep to the spirit of friendly discussion.
I'm going to join in by calling you out in the bull ring for a good depantsing.

You have a point on the number of gods allowed in the CC, but not my point.

It's about the Catholic flock being told that they can choose either creation or evolution.
And presumedly, a combination of the two?

What would that look like??
I don't think he does have a point but that's not unusual for atheists who obsess over other people's religion.

luiza said:

This is so typical Nazi Luiza sh#t racist OUTCAST Troll.

Hamas supporter in London says the quiet part out loud

“Hitler knew how to deal with these people"

It always has been pure Jew-hatred under the guise of anti-Zionism.

Watch more from @ThevoiceAlexa on the ground at https://t.co/RP773XzDEP.

pic.twitter.com/JpiXSfptLW

— Avi Yemini (@OzraeliAvi) November 11, 2023

tala-e1626449234754-640x400.jpeg

word-image-1565180474606.jpeg

Swastikas over Gaza

1*Y0nQb4BAi-9ccjOJHJUCmw.jpeg

Nazi-Arab Palestine plot
Since WW2
https://books.google.com/books?id=vjsLAqafdQ8C&printsec=frontcover
+-+254761279_140.jpg

All of them when the Elohim narrative is fully revealed shortly . Cult Christianity , Cult Judaism and Cult Islam all up the proverbial spout .
Will be fun watching the Normies and Sheeple try to cope . Very messy .
So which theology is the one correct one and how do you know?

Rather than ignore the theology, perhaps be encouraged to understand (perhaps even appreciate?) the theology even when choosing not to be a part of it.
Bad choice of words on my part. I do think I understand Christian and Jewish history and theology. I doubt I'll ever appreciate either very much. Like all human inventions, it is both good and bad, it has brought great comfort but also great pain.

You have a point on the number of gods allowed in the CC, but not my point.

It's about the Catholic flock being told that they can choose either creation or evolution.
And presumedly, a combination of the two?

What would that look like??
I thought Catholics were OK with evolution being the mechanism of God's creation, meaning they are not mutually exclusive.

So which theology is the one correct one and how do you know?
The question is which theology is the correct one for you. You will know if it brings you closer to God in reality as opposed to conceptually. If all you have is conceptual awareness and not spiritual awareness, then it's a bit like an Amish man not shaving to show his lack of pride but then being proud about not being proud. Like all aspects of life, it's complicated.

Bad choice of words on my part. I do think I understand Christian and Jewish history and theology. I doubt I'll ever appreciate either very much. Like all human inventions, it is both good and bad, it has brought great comfort but also great pain.
Interesting. Based upon that logic, it goes to reason there are no human inventions you can appreciate very much, right? Because according to you, all human inventions bring great comfort and also great pain.

I doubt I'll ever appreciate either very much. Like all human inventions, it is both good and bad, it has brought great comfort but also great pain.
As do parents, siblings, and friends bring great comfort but also great pain. It helps to understand that the Bible was written by man, through the frame of reference of men in what the realities and perspectives of their lives--and of God--were.

From the angle of hindsight, we can perhaps see more clearly God in their midst and his how he was working/guiding mankind.

Is that your own interpretation of Noah's flood? Fair enough the whole story has to be amended to match it and work with it. You know the details as well as I so I won't get into it.
It is not interpretation so much as in depth studies including--and relying more heavily--on rabbi commentaries, especially those who know and speak the Hebrew language. Those who know and speak Hebrew come away with a different perspective from those who read the King James English.

What is the evidence for that? It can be that creationism fighting science has been the cause of a lot of the trouble.
But who is fighting science? The Catholic faith has no fight with science because truth is truth and truth wins. There are some who believe creation took place in six days in a blink of an eye. Again, that King James English. But God is truth and why wouldn't he want us to know the truth? The Bible is not the only place we can discover God's truth.

It needs a rewrite if it's going to be taught to children in my opinion. Children are given the sort of stories that we've been talking about and they believe them to be the literal truth. They buy into it as surely as the buy into Santa.

Is there any attempt being made to tell children the truth about the big fish, Noah's ark, etc?
Here we get to the point where the Bible can be be used to splash in the shallows as children do, or to go deep sea diving as explorers will.

Judaism first , closely followed by Christianity and Islam .
All Cult religions founded on the principle of Monotheism --- a single source creator .

The presence of the Elohim will demand a re-think and complete re-assessment of how we as a species see the Universe.
Isn't Elohim a synonym for the Hebrew God? Were they wrong about it?

Next one/two years will change humanity more than ever before and by a gi-normous margin .

imho obviously , and in front of the big revelation it takes some swallowing .
So just watch and keep sane .Because most will not.
Why do so many think they are living at the end of days? Such conceit! But you're in good company, both Jesus and Paul believed the same thing.

The question is which theology is the correct one for you. You will know if it brings you closer to God in reality as opposed to conceptually. If all you have is conceptual awareness and not spiritual awareness, then it's a bit like an Amish man not shaving to show his lack of pride but then being proud about not being proud. Like all aspects of life, it's complicated.
I like that approach but I wonder how many would agree with you.

Interesting. Based upon that logic, it goes to reason there are no human inventions you can appreciate very much, right? Because according to you, all human inventions bring great comfort and also great pain.
All human systems are good and bad so I appreciate the good and distain the bad but ultimately they are all a wash. Guns let us defend ourselves, which I appreciate, but also allow deranged people to kill innocent people in mass shootings.

As do parents, siblings, and friends bring great comfort but also great pain. It helps to understand that the Bible was written by man, through the frame of reference of men in what the realities and perspectives of their lives--and of God--were.
Absolutely true.

From the angle of hindsight, we can perhaps see more clearly God in their midst and his how he was working/guiding mankind.
Or the complete opposite, how man has evolved his view of God(s). His view of pagan gods was different from the Hebrew covenant which was different from the understanding of Jesus by Christians. As society changes so does its god.

Here we get to the point where the Bible can be be used to splash in the shallows as children do, or to go deep sea diving as explorers will.
Nobody wants to stop children from splashing in the shallows my friend.

But lying to children is something different.

And in fact, regardless of your grandma's apparent ability to think on Darwin's level, the bibles weren't written for children. The big fish story and others just as impossible were written for adults and are still believed by adults in this 21st. century.

Up until Darwin enlightened humanity, the bibles were believed to be literally true and there was no basic evidence on which to prove they weren't.

Were the bibles written by deliberate liars? I wouldn't accuse the writers of that on account of them believing that the impossible tales could be true.

What were their motives? That's where I can't offer any explanation, or at least won't try right now, but maybe you can.

The Bible is, far and away, the best preserved book from the ancient world. It contains a window into the history and social structure of that world that is worthy of study. I can ignore the theology and still appreciate it.
Can anything in the bibles be relied upon as factual history, when even today Christians don't agree on what is literally true and what is not?

That would be pretty risky wouldn't it?

Let's question the history of Noah's ark and the flood that covered the earth to the tops of the mountains. Does that mean that the flood covered some 'earth'? (dirt)

Forum List

Back