Zone1 Religion is not needed if a "golden rule" is valued

The whole point of Christianity is that eternal suffering is the punishment for anybody who questions God's infinite love. Believe or die.
The whole point of Christianity is the Good News that the entire world has been redeemed, and salvation is open to all. The Kingdom of God is within the reach of everyone.

I know many Muslim students who are great examples of people of faith.

Unfortunately, bad--even horrific--examples of evil people can be found in people of all faiths, and of no faith, and then the broad-brushing begins. We should all know better.

Can you not see that your attempted smart - arsed comment only applies if there is more than a single rule .

If there is only the single rule then , by definition, when you say "Yours is mine" , you automatically agree that " Mine is Yours".
Everything is involved. Therefore, you have a tautology

But where you have more than that single rule then there is flexibility to differ .
Did they not teach you basics ?

The reason why there are so many is you can't get people to agree on one.

I know many Muslim students who are great examples of people of faith.

Unfortunately, bad--even horrific--examples of evil people can be found in people of all faiths, and of no faith, and then the broad-brushing begins. We should all know better.
They ask I answer sorry you don't like the answer...Yet a religion that motivates people to harm is worthless in my eyes.

I heard from. This golden rule is "Yours is mine but mine is not yours."

yes, that's what the burning bush told you - funny how others know that not to be heavenly and have never read your c-bible.

the heavens are available and when correctly discovered may lead to free one's spirit for admission to the everlasting as the goal for some.

There is no need for you to say anything. I summed up Christianity in a few short sentences that you can't refute.

Sorry: But you are from my point of view a dangerous arrogant idiot - like Nazis and Commies had been - who has not any idea what to try to speak about in context Christian religion. Are you really sure no one should say this to you?

yes, that's what the burning bush told you

No. A light like this "asked" me something else and I agreed.

- funny how others know that not to be heavenly and have never read your c-bible.

Indeed you are right now. Funny.

the heavens are available

?

and when correctly discovered may lead to free one's spirit for admission to the everlasting as the goal for some.

Eh?

Sorry: But you are from my point of view a dangerous arrogant idiot - like Nazis and Commies had been - who has not any idea what to try to speak about in context Christian religion. Are you really sure no one should say this to you?
You can call me anything you want but you can't refute my assessment of Christianity. Cry more

that is religion, which has never held a high esteem throughout history ...

View attachment 881280

those people, christians live with the knowledge of the golden rule and use both to a standard they chose than the proper application of both - and throughout history those radicals have always been supported by the majority of their congregations of the respective religions - desert religions of self interest rather than the heavens.

as believing the person they prefer who claims a burning bush than those others with the same claim. the true jesus.
You can find good and bad in all human endeavors. To choose only the bad in anecdotal evidence and ignore all the rest of more than 2000 years of history is disingenuous at best, evil at worst.

They ask I answer sorry you don't like the answer...Yet a religion that motivates people to harm is worthless in my eyes.
Is it religion that motivates that harm, or is it the government, the wealth, the powerful who want more wealthy that power that uses religion to motivate people to do harm?

That doesn't contradict what I posted
It is an entirely different perspective. Do you truly believe this is what God wants for you?
The whole point of Christianity is that eternal suffering is the punishment for anybody who questions God's infinite love. Believe or die.
What are you thinking you must believe? And what stands in the way of your believing?

Questions: Do you really think natural science is the only true religion? And what understands your mayor, governor or president - or your wife - or any other of your bosses (leaders) - about nature, science and reality? And where is the above from your ViewFromAbove? Outside of the universe which has no outside but a beginning?
Valid scientific methods are based on verifiable evidence. Religion is not; it is based on "faith" or "I want to believe that or my family/culture wants me to believe that". Thus, we have different religions across different countries, but one scientific community across the world.

Empathy means to know what hurts. Nice for the sadist who will torture you.
When I refer to only "empathy", I mean both cognitive AND emotional empathy. A sadist or psychopath may only have "cognitive empathy". Such a person is often egocentric while manipulating others.

For me, religions are "detrimental" in that they waste my time when seeking answers about how nature works. I enjoy learning about how the universe/nature "works", and I enjoy travel and learning about various cultures and animals in various ecologies.

For me, religions are "detrimental" in that they waste my time when seeking answers about how nature works. I enjoy learning about how the universe/nature "works", and I enjoy travel and learning about various cultures and animals in various ecologies.
Who attends church/synagoge/temple to hear about how nature works? Never once heard a homily about this. What church did you attend?

Forum List

Back