Relief wells - why wait to start until they are needed?

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
If BP had already had a contingency relief well being drilled while the main well was being drilled, this leak would have been plugged weeks ago and the damage would have been minimal.

I propose the government require that any drilling that is do deep divers can't get to it be accompanied with the drilling of a contingency relief well at the same time.

I propose Liberals form their own country

Dream on, honey. We're running the country. Too bad on you:tongue:

2 wars, 4 terrorists attacks and attempts on our homeland, record debt, record deficits, 10% unemployment, government controls 100% of the residential mortgage market, ObamaCare already costing more, and where's bin Laden?

Yeah, run on that record.

• Banned
It wouldn't be hindsight for future deepwater wells now would it?

Maybe we should drill at ANWR and not have the wells subject to the crushing pressures in the first place?

So drilling in ANWR would mean no deepwater drilling necessary? Why didn't the oil companies mention that when they lobbied Congress for ANWR?

It's going to take us a generation, 8 4-year cycles to undo the horrific damage Progressive have wrought on our economy, society and culture but come 2010 we're going to make a start

If BP had already had a contingency relief well being drilled while the main well was being drilled, this leak would have been plugged weeks ago and the damage would have been minimal.

I propose the government require that any drilling that is do deep divers can't get to it be accompanied with the drilling of a contingency relief well at the same time.
Yes, we should do this.

can anyone translate this?

thanks

can anyone translate this?

thanks

never mind, i see what he means. seems like a reasonable idea; i guess rusty's account has been hacked.

This is what the industry fears.

2 wells & twice the likelihood of them fucking up.

Why did it take 11 days before BP started to drill the first relief well or Obama to acknowledge there was a problem.

They don't fear shit....you will pay for it at the pump!

They don't fear shit....you will pay for it at the pump!

If they don't fear anything why do they spend tens of millions of dollars lobbying.

Think. Please.

Forum List

Back