Relief wells - why wait to start until they are needed?

Because you fucking morons don't want to pay more for your gas.

We are paying the price right now in destruction to our own resources.

There is one group who insists we leave oil companies alone so they can provide us cheap gas, its your own people CG.

What the left has been asking for for years is better protections from this type of disastor.

What your side has said is that they ARE safe and any further protections would rise the cost of gas.

You just called yourself an fucking moron.

If BP had already had a contingency relief well being drilled while the main well was being drilled, this leak would have been plugged weeks ago and the damage would have been minimal.

I propose the government require that any drilling that is do deep divers can't get to it be accompanied with the drilling of a contingency relief well at the same time.

This is what the industry fears.

They don't fear shit....you will pay for it at the pump!
I'd happily pay double to avoid stuff like this.

We Americans are pigs. Isn't the root word of conservative conserve?

Maybe now the cons will realise we are not putting the full cost of drilling into the price of gas.

Because you fucking morons don't want to pay more for your gas.

We are paying the price right now in destruction to our own resources.

There is one group who insists we leave oil companies alone so they can provide us cheap gas, its your own people CG.

What the left has been asking for for years is better protections from this type of disastor.

What your side has said is that they ARE safe and any further protections would rise the cost of gas.

You just called yourself an fucking moron.

Christ on a push bike! Why are you so fucking moronic? Exactly where have I ever insisted that we leave oil companies alone? Quite the opposite - I'm one of the very few who is asking where the fuck our government was with regulating the oil industry! Just because I don't march lock step in holding BP solely responsible DOES NOT EQUATE TO CONDONING THEIR ACTIONS.

For the record: BP fucked up. TransOcean fucked up. Halliburton fucked up. The US Government - going back to the Clinton Administration have consistently fucked up.

I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING SIDE, OTHER THAN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Maybe now the cons will realise we are not putting the full cost of drilling into the price of gas.

Maybe you'll eventually figure out that domestic oil production only accounts for 30%-35% of our daily crude consumption. It's cheaper to buy it from the Middle East and Canada.

If BP had already had a contingency relief well being drilled while the main well was being drilled, this leak would have been plugged weeks ago and the damage would have been minimal.

I propose the government require that any drilling that is do deep divers can't get to it be accompanied with the drilling of a contingency relief well at the same time.

The oil companies are drilling in the ONLY PLACES THE GOVERNMENT WILL ALLOW.

If they had been in ANWAR this wouldn't have happened.

What proof do you have that any oil company would never have worked to drill deepwater if they had anwar to drill in?

None , its just a bullshit right wing talking point only fucking idiots repete.

What proof do you have that any oil company would never have worked to drill deepwater if they had anwar to drill in?

Fact: The US Government consented to the drilling. More than that, they deregulated (going back to the Clinton Administration) to make it happen.

I'm all for accountability.... I'm all for holding BP accountable - along side EVERYONE who is responsible. That's BP, TransOcean, Halliburton, and the US Government..... and the American people.

"Repete"???

:lol:

Fact: The US Government consented to the drilling. More than that, they deregulated (going back to the Clinton Administration) to make it happen.

I'm all for accountability.... I'm all for holding BP accountable - along side EVERYONE who is responsible. That's BP, TransOcean, Halliburton, and the US Government..... and the American people.

Welcome to the democratic party

Forum List

Back