Reincarnation?

Reincarnation seems even less credible as a theory than the Christian views on heaven and hell, and that's saying something.

I find it to be the opposite. The idea that you are judged for eternity based on a single human lifetime (no matter how long a lifetime that is) seems less credible than being born again to try and learn from past mistakes, at least in concept.

Let me be more clear: I think that we are all reincarnated...as mindless worm food.

Hope that helps you understand.

Reincarnation seems even less credible as a theory than the Christian views on heaven and hell, and that's saying something.

Credibility has nothing to do with the unknown and unknowable; the beliefs held as truths by many provide them comfort and that's cool with me. A discussion on the merits of all formal religions and even informal belief in a supernatural God is a fun exercise but to argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin is futile.

Is that a Great Dane with the cat in your Avatar? One of my sons and his wife have two GD's and three cats. Two of the cats are cool and climb all over the older GD and he seems to enjoy them. The other cat stays away and hisses at him. The second GD is only three months, so time will tell how she adapts to this zoo.

I find it to be the opposite. The idea that you are judged for eternity based on a single human lifetime (no matter how long a lifetime that is) seems less credible than being born again to try and learn from past mistakes, at least in concept.

Let me be more clear: I think that we are all reincarnated...as mindless worm food.

Hope that helps you understand.

I tend to agree with you. I don't see any reasonable evidence of any kind of afterlife.

I just think between the two ideas; a god in charge of the universe either punishes you or rewards you for eternity based on a single life, or the force in charge of the universe makes you live over and over trying to get things 'right' before you can move to some 'higher' plane, that reincarnation is a bit more credible. I don't believe either, the one just seems a bit easier to swallow. :)

I like to think we get reincarnated but my logical side says dead is dead. Lights out, game over.

Forum List

Back