Reid says Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years

It's entirely possible that if Mitt 'legally' paid very little or no taxes for ten years and spoke about it with his coworkers. Thus the IRS would be conducting no investigation and his coworkers could speak with some basis.

Are any of us aware of others in Mitt's general financial situation through those years that also got away with paying little to no taxes? Are any of us aware of any tax loopholes that might have applied to Romney and his situation? And, if it was legal, are we and should we be bothered? Wouldn't we have done the same thing in his shoes?

Why hasn't the IRS launched an investigation? Democrats are saying he's a felon. Give 'er. Charge him with something.

Launch an official investigation. Go for it. Otherwise Democrats and slandering and blowing smoke out their asses.

He may not have done anything illegal; just very unpresidential in appearance.

I don't think Reid's "source" would have any access to Governor Romney's tax filings....it's just so bizarre.

Basically the genius is that in this: You had the deal, Romney checked, Reid has raised. The dealer is waiting for Romney to do something....The longer he waits, the more eyes are drawn to this. I mean, do you know what he made on the returns he released? I don't. It was basically a non-story except for the percentage. At this point, it's almost like waiting for a pregnancy test.

One thing that comes to mind is, Romney, as Governor of Mass, had to file financial disclosure forms.
Why isn't someone looking for them? I don't know Mass law, but it should be a matter of public record.

It's entirely possible that if Mitt 'legally' paid very little or no taxes for ten years and spoke about it with his coworkers. Thus the IRS would be conducting no investigation and his coworkers could speak with some basis.

Are any of us aware of others in Mitt's general financial situation through those years that also got away with paying little to no taxes? Are any of us aware of any tax loopholes that might have applied to Romney and his situation? And, if it was legal, are we and should we be bothered? Wouldn't we have done the same thing in his shoes?

We aren't running for President.

Why hasn't the IRS launched an investigation? Democrats are saying he's a felon. Give 'er. Charge him with something.

Launch an official investigation. Go for it. Otherwise Democrats and slandering and blowing smoke out their asses.

I don't think Reid's "source" would have any access to Governor Romney's tax filings....it's just so bizarre.

Basically the genius is that in this: You had the deal, Romney checked, Reid has raised. The dealer is waiting for Romney to do something....The longer he waits, the more eyes are drawn to this. I mean, do you know what he made on the returns he released? I don't. It was basically a non-story except for the percentage. At this point, it's almost like waiting for a pregnancy test.

One thing that comes to mind is, Romney, as Governor of Mass, had to file financial disclosure forms.
Why isn't someone looking for them? I don't know Mass law, but it should be a matter of public record.

I don't know the rules there in Mass either. I would imagine that if such were out in the public domain, the Romney Campaign would have it out for all to see though.

I don't know the rules there in Mass either. I would imagine that if such were out in the public domain, the Romney Campaign would have it out for all to see though.
Or you'd think the press would get a hold of them?
Why leave it to the Romney campaign?

I read on one bloggers website that someone phoned him up and told him Harry Reid had sex with underage sheep.

Now the blogger admitted he had no proof and posted that he wasn't certain if the allegation was true and refused to give the name of the person.

Really credible right?

I heard Reid impregnated a sheep.

He needs to prove that didn't happen.

LOL

You're correct.

But there is a difference between "legal" and "presidential".

I started a thread that stated as much that I doubt anything that is in the records would reveal much that we don't already know about him; he's a fat cat who got fatter while the rest of the country has gotten thinner; he's a charitable man, a man of faith. I am 100% confident that the records will show all of the above.

But while there may be no impropriety there, it just won't look very good.

Otherwise, why not release them?

Or you'd think the press would get a hold of them?
Why leave it to the Romney campaign?

It would leave me to believe that they are not public domain so there is no "get" to be gotten.

I read on one bloggers website that someone phoned him up and told him Harry Reid had sex with underage sheep.

Now the blogger admitted he had no proof and posted that he wasn't certain if the allegation was true and refused to give the name of the person.

Really credible right?

LOL

I heard Romney strapped the family dog to the roof of the car.

Oh - wait - I didn't make that up, did I?

Really credible right?

LOL

I heard Obama eats dog.

I shit you not!

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has claimed that Mitt Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years.

Reid said that is the reason the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has only released two years of personal tax returns, according to the Huffington Post.

Reid said that a Bain Capital investor recently told him: ‘Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.’

'Mitt Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years,' claims Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid | Mail Online

One just pictures this Bain Investor and Reid doing the Secret Mormon Handshake and then he spills the beans on Mitt.

let's pretend it's true for a second....how do you guys on the right feel about it? What if it was Obama who went 10years without paying any income tax, or eric holder, what do you think you would be saying/screaming about on this board?

You won't get an honest answer..just deflection.

They don't seem to have a problem with huge corporations, that not only pay 0 taxes..but get money back.

Pretty sure there's alot in those tax returns Romney considers "proprietary".

Like "legal" tax schemes that allow him to skate on paying taxes completely.

let's pretend it's true for a second....how do you guys on the right feel about it? What if it was Obama who went 10years without paying any income tax, or eric holder, what do you think you would be saying/screaming about on this board?

If I cared I would be pointing out the discrepancy between Obama's taxes and what the State of Illinois said he was paid. The simple fact is that I like the idea of people not paying taxes on income. If I had my druthers no one would pay an income tax.

Yeah. We don't need roads or to pay for those wars or health care or taking care of those old people.

We should all avoid our income tax like Mitt Romney.

Sorry, guy. I pay my fair share, and when I got my last home loan, I had to produce three years of tax returns. For a home loan.

Mitt Romney is asking to be leader of the free world, and it sure looks like he's hiding something.

Weepy weepy Libtards want to invent an issue.

Wonder why?

'His personal favorability, once a strong point for Obama, has vanished and is now being replaced by a personal dislike that is dragging him down.

'These data, buried deep in the latest NY Times/CBS poll (of registered voters, not likely voters) are both stark and important. In April, Obama had a 42-45 favorable/unfavorable rating, itself a shock given his vastly higher favorable ratings only a few months before. Now, he has a favorable rating of only 36% and an unfavorable rating of 48%.'

Obama’s Ratings Dive at DickMorris.com

LOL

Why won't Mitt show us his tax returns for the last 12 years?

What is he hiding?

There is a guy in accounting that insists you haven't paid taxes in 25 years, but I don't believe him. The reason for that is simple, he has no idea what goes onto your tax return, because they are fracking private. So, even if an investor at Bain actually told Reid this story, it is a lie. Bain investors do not have access to Romney's tax returns. That makes this whole thing nothing more than a story so sad that only an idiot would fall for it in the first place. I have no doubt Harry "Fixed Income" Reid is an idiot, nor do I have any dount you are, but I am not.

Your Oh So Right.

If Romney had done anyting illegal the IRS would be up his ass. They aren't so I doubt Romney is HIDING anyting.

Reid is an idiot for repeating a story he HEARD from some source he isn't willing to name.

Bunch of Bullshit in my book.

What is he hiding?

There is a guy in accounting that insists you haven't paid taxes in 25 years, but I don't believe him. The reason for that is simple, he has no idea what goes onto your tax return, because they are fracking private. So, even if an investor at Bain actually told Reid this story, it is a lie. Bain investors do not have access to Romney's tax returns. That makes this whole thing nothing more than a story so sad that only an idiot would fall for it in the first place. I have no doubt Harry "Fixed Income" Reid is an idiot, nor do I have any dount you are, but I am not.

Your Oh So Right.

If Romney had done anyting illegal the IRS would be up his ass. They aren't so I doubt Romney is HIDING anyting.

Reid is an idiot for repeating a story he HEARD from some source he isn't willing to name.

He could be hiding that he accepted IRS amnesty for offshore accounts.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has claimed that Mitt Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years.

Reid said that is the reason the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has only released two years of personal tax returns, according to the Huffington Post.

Reid said that a Bain Capital investor recently told him: ‘Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.’

'Mitt Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years,' claims Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid | Mail Online

Can always count on you to post up the threads which convey a political IQ of a small soap dish!!!

Huge win here for Romney when it all shakes out. When political atttacks hit the level of absurd, its always the boomerang effect. Only the k00k left take this seriously as a news story. Independents, the only important voting bloc left now will view this as below the belt political smear tactics. This is the lefty equivilent of the birther gig.

Chris s0n..........you have always had the most pronounced connect the dots issues on the whole forum. Conservative folks like me thank you for another effort of genius!!:clap2::clap2::D

Last edited:

Really credible right?

LOL

Funny thing it was Romney telling that story. He was happily reminiscing about good times.

What is he hiding?

Your Oh So Right.

The IRS doesn't go after rich people, rich people fight back.

Now, obviously you have in Romney and Reid two guys you can't trust. They are both politicians and they are both Mormons and basically, I wouldn't trust either one of them.

But Romney is the one running for president and Romney is the one hiding his tax returns.

Forum List

Back