Reid Compares Opponents of Health Care Reform to Supporters of Slavery

He should undergo censure for his complete lack of respect. He should apologize to the Senate or go fuck himself.. either way suits me.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid took his GOP-blasting rhetoric to a new level Monday, comparing Republicans who oppose health care reform to lawmakers who clung to the institution of slavery more than a century ago.

The Nevada Democrat, in a sweeping set of accusations on the Senate floor, also compared health care foes to those who opposed women's suffrage and the civil rights movement -- even though it was Sen. Strom Thurmond, then a Democrat, who unsuccessfully tried to filibuster the Civil Rights Act of 1957 and it was Republicans who led the charge against slavery.

Senate Republicans on Monday called Reid's comments "offensive" and "unbelievable."

But Reid argued that Republicans are using the same stalling tactics employed in the pre-Civil War era.

"Instead of joining us on the right side of history, all the Republicans can come up with is, 'slow down, stop everything, let's start over.' If you think you've heard these same excuses before, you're right," Reid said Monday. "When this country belatedly recognized the wrongs of slavery, there were those who dug in their heels and said 'slow down, it's too early, things aren't bad enough.'"

He continued: "When women spoke up for the right to speak up, they wanted to vote, some insisted they simply, slow down, there will be a better day to do that, today isn't quite right.

"When this body was on the verge of guaranteeing equal civil rights to everyone regardless of the color of their skin, some senators resorted to the same filibuster threats that we hear today."

That seemed to be a reference to Thurmond's famous 1957 filibuster -- the late senator switched parties several years later.

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, said Reid's remarks were over the top.

FOXNews.com - Reid Compares Opponents of Health Care Reform to Supporters of Slavery

Reid is a nazi asshole! and that's putting it mildly.

Reid is a weirdo.

He believes his own lies, i guess that actually makes him sorta a psychopath.

What does FOXNews have to do with this Story or this Thread?...

:)

peace...

because willowijit's article that you linked to was an OPINION PIECE from faux news. or don't you look at the sources of the garbage you post?

just wondering.....

the fallacies are strong in this one....

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...cause only rightwingnuts speak truth, eh?

maybe you should go ask sarah palin what you should think.

because willowijit's article that you linked to was an OPINION PIECE from faux news. or don't you look at the sources of the garbage you post?

just wondering.....

more fallacies... you disregarded the whole piece based on where it came from and now you are attacking me. none of which has to do with the op.

more fallacies... you disregarded the whole piece based on where it came from and now you are attacking me. none of which has to do with the op.

rule of thumb... if willowijit posts it, it's insane.

rule of thum... i don't listen to opinion pieces from fauxnews any more than i listen to "opinions" on israel that come from electronic intifada.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1It3AlXmQ[/ame]

from reids lips to our ears!

"When this body was on the verge of guaranteeing equal civil rights to everyone regardless of the color of their skin, some senators resorted to the same filibuster threats that we hear today." -Senator Harry Reid (D)

^Edited to Clarify it wasn't Willow who said that, instead that Douche from Nevada! ;)

Why is Reid Talking Shit about the Senior DemocRAT from West BY GOD Virgina, Robert "There are White *******" Byrd (D-KKK)?...

MeThinks he has Spoken Highly of that Fillibusterer of Civil Rights for Blacks before?...

Reid is an Idiot.

peace...

Last edited:
"When this body was on the verge of guaranteeing equal civil rights to everyone regardless of the color of their skin, some senators resorted to the same filibuster threats that we hear today."

Why is Reid Talking Shit about the Senior DemocRAT from West BY GOD Virgina, Robert "There are White *******" Byrd (D-KKK)?...

MeThinks he has Spoken Highly of that Fillibusterer of Civil Rights for Blacks before?...

Reid is an Idiot.

peace...

reid is an idiot,, but you need to fix that quote.. I didn't say that..:lol::lol::lol: they should censure reids sorry ass.

Way to drive that last nail in your political coffin Senator Reid. You can be sure to see that again and again at election time. You could have added a Howard Dean scream for the total effect. Thanks for reminding us why you should be under psych evaluation.

Reid is a desperate Dem. He so wants to pass this "Historical" healthcare reform that he will say and do anything to make it happen. I don't think he even cares if he gets voted out, so long as he can make the claim that he was part of this "Historical" healthcare bs.

Of course he doesn't have to participate in it so what the hell does he care that we taxpayers will get hosed with this crap.

He was throwing pure bs at the podium. I also have to laugh at how he says the Reps are obstructing. Jeeze, what the hell did the Dems do when they were the minority? Guys a flamming idiot. Hope he gets voted the hell out.

Last edited:

rule of thumb... if willowijit posts it, it's insane.

rule of thum... i don't listen to opinion pieces from fauxnews any more than i listen to "opinions" on israel that come from electronic intifada.

I see your mouth and asshole are hooked up any running just fine

Forum List

Back