Reid Compares Opponents of Health Care Reform to Supporters of Slavery

more fallacies... you disregarded the whole piece based on where it came from and now you are attacking me. none of which has to do with the op.

rule of thumb... if willowijit posts it, it's insane.

rule of thum... i don't listen to opinion pieces from fauxnews any more than i listen to "opinions" on israel that come from electronic intifada.

I see your mouth and asshole are hooked up any running just fine

so spaketh the only racist military guy i've ever seen. :cuckoo:

but good to know all the nutters are coming out of the woodwork, freakboy.

rule of thum... i don't listen to opinion pieces from fauxnews any more than i listen to "opinions" on israel that come from electronic intifada.

I see your mouth and asshole are hooked up any running just fine

so spaketh the only racist military guy i've ever seen. :cuckoo:

but good to know all the nutters are coming out of the woodwork, freakboy.

as usual when you open your mouth shit falls out. and you have a lot to learn about the military. loser

Prove that he was. You're the one making a claim. It's your responsibility to source it.

you say my claim is false prove it.

Sorry, Willow, I hate to side with a liberal (no offense intended Polk) on this, but if you make a claim it is your responsibility to prove it. Others need not prove that you are wrong. The burden of proof is on you.

Immie

If I make a claim and they say I'm wrong,, it just as much their responsibility to prove me wrong. You can't just say wrong and expect everybody to jump through hoops. If you disagree with me show me why.

you say my claim is false prove it.

Sorry, Willow, I hate to side with a liberal (no offense intended Polk) on this, but if you make a claim it is your responsibility to prove it. Others need not prove that you are wrong. The burden of proof is on you.

Immie

If I make a claim and they say I'm wrong,, it just as much their responsibility to prove me wrong. You can't just say wrong and expect everybody to jump through hoops. If you disagree with me show me why.

If you make a claim, as you did here, it is your responsibility to prove your claim. They need not prove you wrong. If you can't prove yourself correct then that fact you attempted to claim is assumed to be unsubstantiated, if not down right incorrect.

Let me give an example using the discussion of the scientists that began the "Global Warming" debate. They made a claim about man's effect on the global climate and warned that this will lead to evermore increasing problems with the weather. When people disagreed with them, the scientists had to prove their position. The scientist could not simply say, "No, we made the claim, now you prove us wrong." Those scientists had to produce their evidence. If others disagree with their findings it was then up to the others to prove the inaccuracy of their work, but first the evidence (the scientific findings) had to be presented. In other words, it is up to you to support your claim. If others find your evidence to be incorrect or untruthful they have to right of rebuttal.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

If you make a claim, as you did here, it is your responsibility to prove your claim. They need not prove you wrong. If you can't prove yourself correct then that fact you attempted to claim is assumed to be unsubstantiated, if not down right incorrect.

Immie

I disagree, I refuse to jump hoops. I made the claim, they said I was wrong, If I'm wrong surely they can prove it. Otherwise, it doesn't matter to me what they or you think. No hoops. It's easy,, just say "Willow I think you are wrong and here's why." then I respond.. Civil huh? yep!

From waht I have read, it appears MLK was most likely a Republican up until the time he was put in jail. From that point forward, it appears he was more of a Democrat. Both parties changed quite a bit during that period of history. Almost every source that discusses MLK's political leanings says it is not clear what he held as a party. They also say MLK transcended political party and it is wrong to suggest he was driven by any politcal division.

Back on topic. A slavery supporter would have been someone who had an economic interest in the labor or a society based on its use. An opponent of health care reform should then have an economic interest in not having reform take place. According to Mr. Reid, someone in my position will not be taxed for the reform. The reform is also supposed to make my coverage more affordable. It appears my economic interests shold be FOR reform, yet I am against it. Your logic fails Mr. Reid.

From waht I have read, it appears MLK was most likely a Republican up until the time he was put in jail. From that point forward, it appears he was more of a Democrat. Both parties changed quite a bit during that period of history. Almost every source that discusses MLK's political leanings says it is not clear what he held as a party. They also say MLK transcended political party and it is wrong to suggest he was driven by any politcal division.

Back on topic. A slavery supporter would have been someone who had an economic interest in the labor or a society based on its use. An opponent of health care reform should then have an economic interest in not having reform take place. According to Mr. Reid, someone in my position will not be taxed for the reform. The reform is also supposed to make my coverage more affordable. It appears my economic interests shold be FOR reform, yet I am against it. Your logic fails Mr. Reid.

he had to be registered to vote or did he not vote?

Immie

I disagree, I refuse to jump hoops. I made the claim, they said I was wrong, If I'm wrong surely they can prove it. Otherwise, it doesn't matter to me what they or you think. No hoops. It's easy,, just say "Willow I think you are wrong and here's why." then I respond.. Civil huh? yep!

I editted my post while you were answering.

Now, I know you are not a proponent of Global Warming, but I must assume you do not expect to have to prove that those scientists are wrong since you have claimed that they are wrong. I am certain you expect them to have to prove their own position.

Wouldn't that be a double standard?

Immie

Immie

Now, I know you are not a proponent of Global Warming, but I must assume you do not expect to have to prove that those scientists are wrong since you have claimed that they are wrong. I am certain you expect them to have to prove their own position.

Immie

I am not a proponent of "man made global warming" and have often offered up the other side's story,, I have been laughed at. It will never change any one's mind. so why the angst?

Q: What did these Democrat run states all have in common with respect to supporting slavery (Jeopardy like hint added)?

A: South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee.

What else do they all have in common? The GOP has won them in almost every election since the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The Correct answer is: these Democrat controlled State seceded from the Union, thereby starting the Civil War.

Immie

Let me give an example using the discussion of the scientists that began the "Global Warming" debate. They made a claim about man's effect on the global climate and warned that this will lead to evermore increasing problems with the weather. When people disagreed with them, the scientists had to prove their position. The scientist could not simply say, "No, we made the claim, now you prove us wrong." Those scientists had to produce their evidence. If others disagree with their findings it was then up to the others to prove the inaccuracy of their work, but first the evidence (the scientific findings) had to be presented. In other words, it is up to you to support your claim. If others find your evidence to be incorrect or untruthful they have to right of rebuttal.

Immie

for the most part the oppositon in science of "man made global warming" has been shushed! as politically incorrect. next.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...cause only rightwingnuts speak truth, eh?

maybe you should go ask sarah palin what you should think.

more fallacies... you disregarded the whole piece based on where it came from and now you are attacking me. none of which has to do with the op.

Of course, you would not listen to the news because you get all of your news from talk show hosts who are comedians. Remember, what Jay Leno says is fact.

Like the Warmers, Reid and the Eugenicists are willing to follow Obama into the bunker and end it all with their Messiah

Immie

I am not a proponent of "man made global warming" and have often offered up the other side's story,, I have been laughed at. It will never change any one's mind. so why the angst?

None whatsoever.

The point is if you argue against man made global warming, you expect those who are proponents to back up their "beliefs" when you claim they are wrong. You don't have prove them wrong. You expect them to back up their beliefs.

Same thing applies with your claim that MLK Jr. was a Republican. In fact, I would like to see your proof of that. Not that I think you are wrong, but I would like to see proof.

Immie

Immie

for the most part the oppositon in science of "man made global warming" has been shushed! as politically incorrect. next.

If you are correct in that statement, and I am not saying you are, then it is only because those who disagreed asked those who made the claim to back up their beliefs and they could not do so. It was not because someone re-invented the wheel and came up with a different answer.

Immie

Immie

None whatsoever.

The point is if you argue against man made global warming, you expect those who are proponents to back up their "beliefs" when you claim they are wrong. You don't have prove them wrong. You expect them to back up their beliefs.

Same thing applies with your claim that MLK Jr. was a Republican. In fact, I would like to see your proof of that. Not that I think you are wrong, but I would like to see proof.

Immie

google Martin Luther King was a Republican.. Read what Rice had to say about it. Then if you think I'm wrong tell me. He had to be registered if he voted.

None whatsoever.

Immie

google Martin Luther King was a Republican.. Read what Rice had to say about it. Then if you think I'm wrong tell me. He had to be registered if he voted.

You, my friend, are hopeless! :D

I hate to tell you this but you are in league with Truthmatters. She believes that others have to prove her wrong as well. For the record, it would not work like that in court. You make the claim... you prove it.

The prosecutor claims you are guilty of a crime and the prosecutor has to prove you are guilty. It is not like this, the prosecutor claims your guilt and then you have to prove he is wrong. It just does not work that way. Thank God or I might be a convict.

Immie

I suppose offering up any evidence pro or con to aid the debate would be out of the question? I offered up what I could find.

It really isn't the point at all here. Reid states reform opponents are like spporters of slavery were back in the day. Supporters of slavery did so because it was an economic advantage and part of their culture. Since I would benefit from reform economically, yet I oppose it, Mr. Reid fails to make his point.

None whatsoever.

Immie

I hate to tell you this but you are in league with Truthmatters. She believes that others have to prove her wrong as well. For the record, it would not work like that in court. You make the claim... you prove it.

The prosecutor claims you are guilty of a crime and the prosecutor has to prove you are guilty. It is not like this, the prosecutor claims your guilt and then you have to prove he is wrong. It just does not work that way. Thank God or I might be a convict.

Immie

except this isn't a court of law,, and a link,, to wherever on the internet really proves nothing,, so unless my side or your side had Kings voter registration card/record we really aren't proving a doggone thing. Now are we? You go ahead an believe he was a Democrat. I'll take Ms. Rice's version any day. Thanks for listening.

Immie

except this isn't a court of law,, and a link,, to wherever on the internet really proves nothing,, so unless my side or your side had Kings voter registration card/record we really aren't proving a doggone thing. Now are we? You go ahead an believe he was a Democrat. I'll take Ms. Rice's version any day. Thanks for listening.

I posted this link once before.
Martin Luther King Jr. - A True Historical Examination
It appears that MLK registered as a republican early in his life. Later in life he quit political parties. His legacy website, in keeping with that ideal, makes no mention of political party affiliation.
Personally, while he was alive I remember him refusing to endorse republican candidates or platforms. I remember him being accused of being a democratic socailist, wehich at the time was akin to a communist. Political parties in those days were different than now.
George McGovern was a democrat, and in keeping with his party platform of that time wanted to maintain segregation. When I was a kid in NC, the democrats were the party of status quo, meaning the local KKK members were democrats.
here was a shift in the 60's, especially after civil rights passed. The parties we have today were not always the way they are now.
MLK grew to hate political parties, he was a registered republican when he was young, but at that time almost all blacks were republican. When he got older, he abandonded all parties.
MLK was against political parties, that's a stand I can believe in.

Forum List

Back