Reid Compares Opponents of Health Care Reform to Supporters of Slavery

Prove that he was. You're the one making a claim. It's your responsibility to source it.

you say my claim is false prove it.

Sorry, Willow, I hate to side with a liberal (no offense intended Polk) on this, but if you make a claim it is your responsibility to prove it. Others need not prove that you are wrong. The burden of proof is on you.

Immie

Why would I take offense? It's not a dirty word. ;)

"But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."" - JFK

Sorry, Willow, I hate to side with a liberal (no offense intended Polk) on this, but if you make a claim it is your responsibility to prove it. Others need not prove that you are wrong. The burden of proof is on you.

Immie

"But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."" - JFK

Except that even the nicest labels can be used in offensive manners, depending on the tone used by the person using the label.

I suppose that one could make even Grandmother out to be offensive if one tried.

Immie

Immie

Liberals today are not the liberals from the JFK years, not even close.

Last edited:

Immie

Except that even the nicest labels can be used in offensive manners, depending on the tone used by the person using the label.

I suppose that one could make even Grandmother out to be offensive if one tried.

Immie

True.

Immie

Liberals today are no the liberals from the JFK years, not even close.

Sen. JFK voted against the civil rights act of 1957. :eusa_angel:

Liberals today are no the liberals from the JFK years, not even close.

Also, signed a nice hefty tax cut when president. :eusa_shhh:

And even after this cut, the top tax rate for individuals was 70 percent (double what it is today) and the corporate income tax rate was 48 percent.

Even if those were the figures, it makes no difference. Todays liberals would never do a tax cut, Polk, under any circumstances.

And even after this cut, the top tax rate for individuals was 70 percent (double what it is today) and the corporate income tax rate was 48 percent.

Even if those were the figures, it makes no difference. Todays liberals would never do a tax cut, Polk, under any circumstances.

Those are the figures. What incentive would I have to make it up? It's easily fact-checked.
Also, as a technical matter, it wasn't passed until Johnson was president.
Lyndon B. Johnson: Radio and Television Remarks Upon Signing the Tax Bill.

And yes, liberals would cut taxes if the conditions called for it. Just look at ARRA. It includes a large number of tax cuts.

Those are the figures. What incentive would I have to make it up? It's easily fact-checked.

And yes, liberals would cut taxes if the conditions called for it. Just look at ARRA. It includes a large number of tax cuts.

Look goofball, I didn't doubt what figures you used, and my contention was not with that. It was that liberals of today wouldn't have done it, and I stand by that. I just looked at the ARRA list, and I have to laugh at that.

Look goofball, I didn't doubt what figures you used, and my contention was not with that. It was that liberals of today wouldn't have done it, and I stand by that. I just looked at the ARRA list, and I have to laugh at that.

Yeah, you did doubt the figures I used. "Even if those were the figures" implies that those are not, in fact, the figures.

Yeah, you did doubt the figures I used. "Even if those were the figures" implies that those are not, in fact, the figures.

I didn't know that you had the ability to read my mind. :cuckoo:
I still stand my contention about liberals, and not only that, but I stand by my contention that your a goofball.

Forum List

Back