Reid : 1 death caused by no insurance every 10 minutes

Brn2bfree

Apr 1, 2009
Harry Reid slips in a bombshell for Obamacare foes
Rick Moran

What did we ever do to deserve Harry Reid?

When the "manager's amendment" was passed in the dead of night, I pointed out that the wonks had yet to give it a good going over to discern what other surprises might lurk in the convoluted language used to obscure so much in the bill.

I'm sure you'll be happy to know that the wonks have not disappointed us.

Buried in the amendment is a bombshell; there will be no way to amend parts of Obamacare. Apparently, Reid wants to make this bill something like a royal decree where no one can change what has already been wrought.

The Weekly Standard blog has the story:

Senator Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) pointed out some rather astounding language in the Senate health care bill during floor remarks tonight. First, he noted that there are a number of changes to Senate rules in the bill--and it's supposed to take a 2/3 vote to change the rules. And then he pointed out that the Reid bill declares on page 1020 that the Independent Medicare Advisory Board cannot be repealed by future Congresses:

there's one provision that i found particularly troubling and it's under section c, titled "limitations on changes to this subsection."

and i quote -- "it shall not be in order in the senate or the house of representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment, or conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection."

this is not legislation. it's not law. this is a rule change. it's a pretty big deal. we will be passing a new law and at the same time creating a senate rule that makes it out of order to amend or even repeal the law.

i'm not even sure that it's constitutional, but if it is, it most certainly is a senate rule. i don't see why the majority party wouldn't put this in every bill. if you like your law, you most certainly would want it to have force for future senates.

i mean, we want to bind future congresses. this goes to the fundamental purpose of senate rules: to prevent a tyrannical majority from trampling the rights of the minority or of future co congresses.

Get that? No repeal, no amendments, no nothing. That part of Obamacare is as set in stone as the idea that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. It is unalterable - which, of course, means the entire bill is off limits.

The goal is to guard against the possibility that the GOP may win back the House and Senate some day and may wish to repeal or drastically alter Obamacare. In the dead of night, Harry Reid has turned the United States from a constitutional republic into a banana republic monarchy

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._bombshel.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These fools will say anything and and sign anything. They will even prostitute themselves. They want to go on record as they 'The Democrats' were the ones to pass the universal health care law. This will be a snake bite!

Folks..along with the Afghanistan, forcing the 'public option' on the people will be the Democrats demise.

Roughly equal (if you actually believe the numbers quoted) to the rate at which people are killed by automobile crashes.
By that logic we should outlaw automobiles.

Roughly equal (if you actually believe the numbers quoted) to the rate at which people are killed by automobile crashes.
Well, to be fair.

We should outlaw automobile insurance.

If this is true, then Dingy Harry is personally responsible for 210,240 deaths. The bill he is passing does nothing until 2014.

If he believes what he says, isn't he complicit in the murders of all those in the next 5 years that will be left hanging?

I bet under the health care bill cars and what we can drive might be deemed to dangerous for our medical health so they will be banned by this medical advisory board.

Also, its not the people who drive stupid own fault but the people who didn't pass any seat belt laws that caused those deaths just like people who don't support communist health care are responsible for all the deaths of the uninsured.

Last edited:
Each year, tens of thousands of people WITH INSURANCE die in hospitals due to medical errors, lack of proper sanitation, or the spread of infectious diseases.

Very good point.

It's all a desperate attempt to stay in power. It's strategy, do it before the next elections. They want to ram it through ...because people are waking up and realizing they've been sold a bill of goods. They will never have 60 votes and need to do something now...regardless of what it does to th economy. It's a historic event for them and Obama wants to come out as the savior.

Forum List

Back