Statements In Pictures

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." Gilbert K. Chesterton

Christians are conquerors. The church has prevailed upon the earth, just as the book of Revelation predicted.

Does a Megachurch somehow take food out of the hands of children? Not at all. These children's own people fail to put food in their hands in the first place. The church has always been a remedy for that; it has conquered the pagan world.

Christians are conquerors. The church has prevailed upon the earth, just as the book of Revelation predicted.

Does a Megachurch somehow take food out of the hands of children? Not at all. These children's own people fail to put food in their hands in the first place. The church has always been a remedy for that; it has conquered the pagan world.

Because Jesus was all about conquering people. Like Isis?

Christians are conquerors. ....
How so? The Christian philosophy is to spread peace, not dominate. OTOH, unscrupulous people have used religion, including Christianity, as a tool to further secular goals.

Example: "Battle Hymn of the Republic" was a popular song for Union troops attacking the South and burning homes, cities and food crops forcing innocent men, women and children, regardless of race, into homelessness and starvation.

https://www.americancivilwar.com/Civil_War_Music/song_lyrics/Battle-Hymn-Republic.html
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;
His truth is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch fires of a hundred circling camps
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps;
His day is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery Gospel writ in burnished rows of steel;
“As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My grace shall deal”;
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with His heel,
Since God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Since God is marching on.

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat;
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet;
Our God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free;
[originally …let us die to make men free]
While God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! While God is marching on.

He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
He is wisdom to the mighty, He is honor to the brave;
So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of wrong His slave,
Our God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

Christians are conquerors. ....
How so? The Christian philosophy is to spread peace, not dominate.
When we
read passages like Romans 8:37 or in which the Lord exhorts us to conquer (chapters 2 & 3 in Revelation), we sometimes wonder how Christians accomplish that when, all along, they've been doing just that.

What was the world like before the Cross? It was pagan. Even the people of God, by and large, were given to those ways. They often worshipped idols - images of the creature, golden calves, even at times the gods of their oppressors (Baal of Peon, for example, early on). Paul calls them fools for that, for exchanging the glory of God for "images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things" (Rom. 1:22 & 23). The creature lived in the heads of the people rent free; it had power over them.

Now look at the world. All around. How many totem poles do you see? Compare that number to the number of times you see an image of the Cross. Anywhere. Any hemisphere. On church spires, in cemeteries, in our jewelry and clothing, art and popular culture. The Cross, an image not spoken of in polite society before Jesus' crucifixion, a method of execution reserved for slaves and rebels. Now proclaimed throughout the world. What McDonald's wouldn't give for its Golden Arches to be so universally recognized.

Through the Cross, the people of God now worship the Creator and not the creature. And they reflect His love throughout the pagan world. That is their Great Commission.

Starving children do not suffer at the hands of the church. They benefit from it. Christians have saved the lives of many through their charity. The Church has conquered the pagan world.​

Last edited:
Very few statements 'in pictures' going on here.
I noticed.

030a99db1024a829c52407c5ec30c4d0--girl-quotes-funny-quote-funny.jpg

Forum List

Back