Refuting Liberal Falsehoods and Distortions About Tax Cuts and Revenue

They will debunk the lies you've been told about Reagan's tax cuts.

The unemployment rate under Reaganomics crept up to over 10.8% in his second term (when Nancy was running the country......)

Why do you lie like a leftist dog Jake? You are PATHETIC, you really are, trying to mislead people who do not know!

Try this, from OUR GOVERNMENTS labor statistics. Get back to me whenever you prove your point, you clown!

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Why do you lie like a leftist dog Jake? You are PATHETIC, you really are, trying to mislead people who do not know!

Try this, from OUR GOVERNMENTS labor statistics. Get back to me whenever you prove your point, you clown!

You have your stats....and I have mine......(and I'm NOT Jake, moron)

Reaganomics Vs. Obamanomics: Facts And Figures - Forbes
https://www.forbes.com/sites/.../05/.../reaganomics-vs-obamanomics-facts-and-figures/
May 5, 2011 - When President Reagan entered office in 1981, he faced actually much worse economic problems than President Obama faced in 2009. Three worsening recessions starting in 1969 were about to culminate in the worst of all in 1981-1982, with unemployment soaring into double digits at a peak of 10.8%.

Reagan's Recession | Pew Research Center
www.pewresearch.org/2010/12/14/reagans-recession/
Dec 14, 2010 - By March 1982 it had reached 9%, and in December of that year the unemployment rate stood at its recession peak of 10.8%. The jobless rate slowly receded over the next few years, falling to 8.3% by the end of 1983 and to 7.2% by the 1984 presidential election.

Presidential market scoreboard: Reagan to Obama - USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2013/...reagan-obama/2750227/
Aug 31, 2013 - "Reaganomics" is a term that is still used in economic and political conversations. When President Reagan took office, the headline unemployment rate was 7.5 percent. Unemployment crept as high as 10.8 percent in December and January of his second year as president, but fell to 5.4 percent by the time ...

WEEK IN BUSINESS - U.S. UNEMPLOYMENT SHOOTS UP TO 10.8 ...
www.nytimes.com/1982/.../week-in-business-us-unemployment-shoots-up-to-10.8.html
Dec 5, 1982 - Earlier in the week, Martin S. Feldstein, the President's chief economic advisor, said theunemployment rate could remain above 6 or 7 percent for as long as five or six year. Leading ... It was the sixth rise in the last seven months, but economists said it did not yet indicate that a recovery was underway.

Unemployment Rate by Year Since 1929, Inflation, GDP - The Balance
The Balance › ... › US Economy › Economy Stats › Unemployment
Oct 18, 2017 - The unemployment rate by year since 1929 compared to GDP, inflation, and economic events including fiscal and monetary policies. ... Unemployment rises during recessions and falls during prosperity. It also declined ... Unemployment remained in the single digits until 1982 when it reached 10.8 percent.

You have your stats....and I have mine......(and I'm NOT Jake, moron)

Reaganomics Vs. Obamanomics: Facts And Figures - Forbes
https://www.forbes.com/sites/.../05/.../reaganomics-vs-obamanomics-facts-and-figures/
May 5, 2011 - When President Reagan entered office in 1981, he faced actually much worse economic problems than President Obama faced in 2009. Three worsening recessions starting in 1969 were about to culminate in the worst of all in 1981-1982, with unemployment soaring into double digits at a peak of 10.8%.

Reagan's Recession | Pew Research Center
www.pewresearch.org/2010/12/14/reagans-recession/
Dec 14, 2010 - By March 1982 it had reached 9%, and in December of that year the unemployment rate stood at its recession peak of 10.8%. The jobless rate slowly receded over the next few years, falling to 8.3% by the end of 1983 and to 7.2% by the 1984 presidential election.

Presidential market scoreboard: Reagan to Obama - USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2013/...reagan-obama/2750227/
Aug 31, 2013 - "Reaganomics" is a term that is still used in economic and political conversations. When President Reagan took office, the headline unemployment rate was 7.5 percent. Unemployment crept as high as 10.8 percent in December and January of his second year as president, but fell to 5.4 percent by the time ...

WEEK IN BUSINESS - U.S. UNEMPLOYMENT SHOOTS UP TO 10.8 ...
www.nytimes.com/1982/.../week-in-business-us-unemployment-shoots-up-to-10.8.html
Dec 5, 1982 - Earlier in the week, Martin S. Feldstein, the President's chief economic advisor, said theunemployment rate could remain above 6 or 7 percent for as long as five or six year. Leading ... It was the sixth rise in the last seven months, but economists said it did not yet indicate that a recovery was underway.

Unemployment Rate by Year Since 1929, Inflation, GDP - The Balance
The Balance › ... › US Economy › Economy Stats › Unemployment
Oct 18, 2017 - The unemployment rate by year since 1929 compared to GDP, inflation, and economic events including fiscal and monetary policies. ... Unemployment rises during recessions and falls during prosperity. It also declined ... Unemployment remained in the single digits until 1982 when it reached 10.8 percent.

Mine comes from the government, or is taken from a government site-) That is all that matters, isn't it Jake! After all, you are about all things government! And to think, the altar you worship on just shot you in your butt-)

Mine comes from the government, or is taken from a government site-) That is all that matters, isn't it Jake! After all, you are about all things government! And to think, the altar you worship on just shot you in your butt-)

Well, Mr. Asshole.......I take my leads from YOUR orange hero......
So, WHO do you choose to believe? (careful there.....LOL)

The White House Takes Its Attacks On Jobs Data To A New (And Dangerous) Level
President Trump’s budget director on Sunday accused the Obama administration of “manipulating” economic data to make the unemployment rate look lower than it really was. That claim isn’t supported by evidence and will likely contribute to fears about the Trump administration’s commitment to honest reporting of government data.

The White House Takes Its Attacks On Jobs Data To A New (And Dangerous) Level

Let me know if you need MORE links to prove your orange moron is the liar....

Jake, what has your take have to do with tax cuts? As usual, you are trying to deflect-)

Jake, what has your take have to do with tax cuts? As usual, you are trying to deflect-)

Go to bed......You lost as usual......Bye, bye.

Please try and stay on topic. I wouldn't have to call a mod to have your post deleted-)

We have won the debate Jake, and have 10 months to prove it, lol. As people gain dollars, and the economy grows, you and friends are S-C-R-E-W-E-D!

I am going to enjoy this, I really am-)

They will debunk the lies you've been told about Reagan's tax cuts.

The unemployment rate under Reaganomics crept up to over 10.8% in his second term (when Nancy was running the country......)

No, it did not. The only time unemployment was that high was during the 1981-1982 Jimmy Carter recession. The recession started before Reagan's economic policies had even been implemented. Once they took effect, interest rates dropped, inflation was slashed, unemployment dropped dramatically, federal revenue increased, manufacturing improved, and the economy expanded by about 1/4.

By the way, liberals, I'm still waiting for you to copy and paste those "demolitions" that you said you had written. What's the hold-up? Why the delay? Did you perhaps finally read the OP and realize that it was specifically aimed at your so-called "demolitions" and that you simply have no answer for the facts in the OP?

People are a lot smarter than you think they are. This tax bill is a fraud and they know it.

You have no rational basis for this wingnut nonsense. How is a tax bill that gives huge cuts--the biggest rate cuts--to the middle class "a fraud"? How is it "a fraud" to finally bring our corporate income tax rate down enough to be in line with the average corporate tax rates in Europe and Asia? When people get their first paychecks under the new tax tables, they're gonna know that all this leftwing posturing and fear-mongering is a bunch of lying demagoguery.

People are a lot smarter than you think they are. This tax bill is a fraud and they know it.

You have no rational basis for this wingnut nonsense. How is a tax bill that gives huge cuts--the biggest rate cuts--to the middle class "a fraud"? How is it "a fraud" to finally bring our corporate income tax rate down enough to be in line with the average corporate tax rates in Europe and Asia? When people get their first paychecks under the new tax tables, they're gonna know that all this leftwing posturing and fear-mongering is a bunch of lying demagoguery.
Putting it on the Peoples' tab is the difference. Simply financing tax cuts adds to the Peoples' Debt not the Peoples' surplus, like they would, if the right wing knew anything about economics.

So what have we learned so far, kids?

When Reagan cut taxes, revenues went up, and so did deficits.
No they didn't!!!
When Reagan cut taxes in 1981 and 1982 revenue went DOWN, way DOWN. Revenue did not go up until Reagan RAISED tax after tax beginning 1983.

The Reagan tax cuts were not fully implemented until 1983. That is when the economy started improving. That suggests the tax cuts should have been implemented at once rather than over 3 years.
The Reagan tax cuts were NEVER fully implemented. By 1982 Reagan realized they failed miserably and rolled them back, and only then did revenue increase.

The only time unemployment was that high was during the 1981-1982 Jimmy Carter recession.
Carter was NOT president in 1981 or 1982. But if you insist Carter owns the Great Reagan Recession of 1981 and 1982, then Obama owns the "MAGA" economy of 2017 and 2018. You can't have it both ways.

So what have we learned so far, kids?

When Reagan cut taxes, revenues went up, and so did deficits.
No they didn't!!!
When Reagan cut taxes in 1981 and 1982 revenue went DOWN, way DOWN. Revenue did not go up until Reagan RAISED tax after tax beginning 1983.

The Reagan tax cuts were not fully implemented until 1983. That is when the economy started improving. That suggests the tax cuts should have been implemented at once rather than over 3 years.
The Reagan tax cuts were NEVER fully implemented. By 1982 Reagan realized they failed miserably and rolled them back, and only then did revenue increase.

The Reagan tax cuts were fully implemented. The centerpiece was the 33% across the board tax cut. The last third was implemented before the economy started to improve. Reagan agreed to some small tax increases but refused to budge on the rate cuts.

Forum List

Back