Refugee looking for a new forum

Welcome, I'm I a member of the Libertarian Party, so I'm also fiscally conservative and socially liberal. You'll probably be my favorite Republican on this board.

Hi all! I'm a Republican moderate from Texas. Moderate meaning "Fiscally conservative, socially liberal. I don't give a crap what you do as long as you don't do it on my lawn or make me pay for it."

Retired from the Naval Reserve in 1998, but was in the Marine Corps from 1975-1985. Currently in a second career with the transportation industry. 55 year old male, divorced but taken. Sorry ladies, don't worry about me hitting on you. I'm not an IM lizard.

Politically, I'm too far left for the RW extremists and too far right for the LW extremists. As a member of the GOP since 1974, I'm concerned about distorted it's position has become since the days of Goldwater. I don't really give a rat's behind about the Democratic Party since theirs is a clown circus. The Republican Party, OTOH, has been "the Party of Reason" and is still in a position to be so if the radical and unreasonable elements within it would subside or burn themselves out. Yes, that means the National Tea Party knuckleheads and religious kooks. I'm a Christian, but understand and support the reason our Founding Fathers wanted a separation of Church and State.

My experience with forums dates back almost 20 years, but those were all professional forums. It's only been in the last two years that I've frequented political forums. At the moment I'm looking for a new forum and hope this might be it.

Welcome aboard! Goldwater was my first vote out of the Marine Corps, and he wasn't the be all and end all of conservative Republicanism.

M.O.S.?

I'm somewhere between DFW and Houston on a small farm overlooking a small lake that is about 2/3 of what it was before the 100 degree run of balmy days.

So d'you like speedways?

Sorry to hear that about your lake. It's been tough on farmers around here, mostly sorghum crops which are all pretty stunted.

I drive right past it on 114 on the way home. Sometimes cutting through it to go through Justin if I need to go to the gym, library or grocery store. On race weekends, about 3 times a year, it's a frickin' nightmare. I do my best to avoid it on those days.

Green thingied, cuz you have a sense of humor. :)

Thanks, Grace! I do my best.
flag.gif

Welcome aboard! Goldwater was my first vote out of the Marine Corps, and he wasn't the be all and end all of conservative Republicanism.

M.O.S.?

Thanks. No, he wasn't perfect and he changed a bit over time, but I liked his style even though I didn't agree with all of his opinions.

7562 Phrog Phlyer HMM-164, MCAS Tustin, CA. 1981-85 with two deployments to MCAS Futenma.

Last edited:
This IS it.
Welcome.

Yes, welcome!
Make no mistake where you are....the waiting is over ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiq1hih7URE&feature=related]‪Kenny Loggins and Michael Mcdonald - This Is It LIVE!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Just kidding. Welcome.

I kinda figured, but appreciate the clarification.

How long has US Message Board been around? Many original members here?

I'm impressed by the size and variety of threads, but am still trying to take it all in. What what is the general opinion about the forum membership: do most tend to lean right, left or center? My initial impression is that it leans right, but I've only been on a few threads, so I'm still learning.

Just kidding. Welcome.

I kinda figured, but appreciate the clarification.

How long has US Message Board been around? Many original members here?

I'm impressed by the size and variety of threads, but am still trying to take it all in. What what is the general opinion about the forum membership: do most tend to lean right, left or center? My initial impression is that it leans right, but I've only been on a few threads, so I'm still learning.

Currently it leans somewhat right but does shift back and forth from time to time, politically it's not really all that static. The board was kinda member static for a while with only a few new members every once in a while but over the last year that has changed dramatically. We still get the occasional troll group attacks and white supremest recruiting drives but they don't last long. We also get the occasional neocon and moonbat invasions but again they don't stay for long.

Currently it leans somewhat right but does shift back and forth from time to time, politically it's not really all that static. The board was kinda member static for a while with only a few new members every once in a while but over the last year that has changed dramatically. We still get the occasional troll group attacks and white supremest recruiting drives but they don't last long. We also get the occasional neocon and moonbat invasions but again they don't stay for long.

Loved the characterizations.
usa2.gif

I guess those sorts of trends are to be expected....and may even be a little entertaining.

Loved the characterizations.
usa2.gif

I guess those sorts of trends are to be expected....and may even be a little entertaining.

Characterizations? Eh, maybe so but if you're around when the next batch comes through you'll probably realize they're much closer to appropriate descriptions. :dunno:

Characterizations? Eh, maybe so but if you're around when the next batch comes through you'll probably realize they're much closer to appropriate descriptions. :dunno:

I've seen the type myself on other forums and believe the characterizations to be accurate.

Forum List

Back