Reforming Islam

To deny that Europe / American law doesn't have its roots in Christianity is absurd. ..... :cool:
Nothing absurd about it since finding anything like Christianity in American law is hard as hell, starting with the fact that America bans itself, by law, from calling itself a Christian nation and forgot to mention God, even once, in its foundational document.

All the posters here that are Muslim, keep discussing. The rest of you, including me, have no business messing about in another's religion. Unless you're Muslim, Paint My House, that was a pretty arrogant OP. But popular, I see.

I think it's an interesting discussion - which is why I would like to hear from someone who is muslim what reformation would be.

Late Nineteenth-Century Islamic Reform Movements:

Matsumoto Masumi on Islamic Reform Movement in 19th Century China

Islamic Modernism and Islamic Revival - Oxford Islamic Studies Online

Muslim Reform Movement and Zuhdi Jasser Declare "Jihad Against Jihad"

Muslim Reform Movement

As Muslim women, we actually ask you not to wear the hijab in the name of interfaith solidarity

The Muslim Reform Movement Plays Fantasy Islam

Sorry, I'm not muslim but those in the articles are.

Nothing absurd about it since finding anything like Christianity in American law is hard as hell, starting with the fact that America bans itself, by law, from calling itself a Christian nation and forgot to mention God, even once, in its foundation document.
Just because the American government refuses to acknowledge it's Judeo-Christian roots.

Doesn't mean they don't exist. ...... :cool:

English common law is thought to be based on Norman law (Normandy) brought in via the Norman conquests. Norman law descends from the of the Franks and the Vikings. Nothing in the legal system is biblical at all.
The vikings became christians between the 8th and 12th century. ..... :cool:

And...?
Christianization of Scandinavia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Normans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both groups brought their brand of Christianity to the Britons.......which included their religious laws.

To deny that Europe / American law doesn't have its roots in Christianity is absurd. ..... :cool:

It has roots in Christian culture but that is not the same as saying it is based on biblical law - it isn't. It has roots that precede Christianity, as well as incorporate certain aspects of Christian culture but the law itself is not biblical.

How would you be able to incorporate Islamic law into a system that doesn't even contain biblical law?

Nothing absurd about it since finding anything like Christianity in American law is hard as hell, starting with the fact that America bans itself, by law, from calling itself a Christian nation and forgot to mention God, even once, in its foundation document.
Just because the American government refuses to acknowledge it's Judeo-Christian roots.

Doesn't mean they don't exist. ...... :cool:
It doesn't refuse to acknowledge them, it doesn't actually have any. The sects that came here, and others, were trying to get away from overtly religious governments, it's why they founded, eventually, a liberal secular state. Greece is Christian, it's in their Constitution, but there is no God in ours, intentionally.

Constitutional references to God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the posters here that are Muslim, keep discussing. The rest of you, including me, have no business messing about in another's religion. Unless you're Muslim, Paint My House, that was a pretty arrogant OP. But popular, I see.
So only those of a faith can debate said faith? That's not how it works.

And you don't have to be of a faith to know a faith. Just because we call it religion doesn't mean it's sacred, or protected.
I wouldn't think it was the business of Hindus to debate changes in Christianity. Anyway, yes, only those of a faith SHOULD debate said faith. IMO.

No...they were based on English common law.
English Common law was Bible based. ...... :cool:

In what part of english common law do these show up?

1 “I am the Lord your God". You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 You shall not make for yourself a carved image"
3 You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain
4 Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5 Honor your father and your mother

So Sunni - how would you incorporate Islam with the Constitution? The only way I see is in much the same way Christianity is...seperation of church and state.

Forum List

Back