Red Sox: Class Act

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Red Sox have string quartet play ?Enter Sandman? to honor Rivera | For The Win

The Boston Red Sox rolled out the red carpet for Yankees closer Mariano Rivera on Sunday night, honoring the legendary reliever with a video, a painting of Rivera in Fenway, a Fenway seat, a hug from David Ortiz, and a string quartet that played “Enter Sandman,” the Metallica song that Rivera has used as his entrance music for years.

During the pre-game ceremony, Red Sox fans gave Rivera, who plans on retiring after this season, a standing ovation

Not one boo at Fenway. Entire crowd standing and cheering.

Last edited:
Red Sox have string quartet play ?Enter Sandman? to honor Rivera | For The Win

The Boston Red Sox rolled out the red carpet for Yankees closer Mariano Rivera on Sunday night, honoring the legendary reliever with a video, a painting of Rivera in Fenway, a Fenway seat, a hug from David Ortiz, and a string quartet that played “Enter Sandman,” the Metallica song that Rivera has used as his entrance music for years.

During the pre-game ceremony, Red Sox fans gave Rivera, who plans on retiring after this season, a standing ovation

Not one boo at Fenway. Entire crowd standing and cheering.

Thats because unlike A rod,Rivera has class.they would do the same thing with Jeter as well im sure.Jeter deserves that as well when he retires.

On a side note,great to see the sox handing it to the hated yankees this year.:banana:

I take a lot of business trips to Boston and one thing for sure......they hate the Yankees

But I have sat in a lot of bars and what is common is that the the thing they hate about Jeter is he gives them nothing to hate him for. The same respect goes for Rivera. Two athletes who give their all and wear the uniform proudly

I take a lot of business trips to Boston and one thing for sure......they hate the Yankees

But I have sat in a lot of bars and what is common is that the the thing they hate about Jeter is he gives them nothing to hate him for. The same respect goes for Rivera. Two athletes who give their all and wear the uniform proudly

I have to say yes I am surprised, good on them:cool:.......and yes, Bostonians hate the Yankees and their fans, rabidly...I was in Boston 10 days ago, at a wedding and one of the Groomsmen took every opportunity, at least like 6 times, to tell me the Yankees sucked. :lol:

Since I was in Boston, well, Plymouth actually, I kept my mouth shut...other than saying "27" and walking away :eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back