Red Cross is nowhere to be found.....Staten Island needs supplies.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by koshergrl, Nov 2, 2012.

1. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,081
    Hmmm..where did the thread go where the lefty weirdoes were bashing Romney for donating food/clothing/etc instead of cash to American Red Cross?

"Molinaro complained the American Red Cross "is nowhere to be found" — and some residents questioned what they called the lack of a response by government disaster relief agencies."

Isolated NYC borough says help is slow after Sandy - Yahoo! News

I thought the Red Cross was the #1 premier charity ANYWHERE and nobody should even donate to anyone else?

Oh..and cash only...

"
    "It's too much. You're in your house. You're freezing," said Geraldine Giordano, 82, a lifelong resident of the West Village. Near her home, city employees had set up a sink where residents could get fresh water, if they needed it. There were few takers. "Nobody wants to drink that water," Giordano said.
    "Everybody's tired of it already," added Rosemarie Zurlo, a makeup artist who once worked on Woody Allen movies. She said she planned to temporarily abandon her powerless, unheated apartment in the West Village to stay with her sister in Brooklyn. "I'm leaving because I'm freezing. My apartment is ice cold."
    There was increasing concern about the outage's impact on elderly residents. Community groups have been going door-to-door on the upper floors of darkened Manhattan apartment buildings, and city workers and volunteer in hard-hit Newark, N.J., delivered meals to seniors and others stuck in their buildings.
    "It's been mostly older folks who aren't able to get out," said Monique George of Manhattan-based Community Voices Heard. "In some cases, they hadn't talked to folks in a few days. They haven't even seen anybody because the neighbors evacuated. They're actually happy that folks are checking, happy to see another person. To not see someone for a few days, in this city, it's kind of weird."

2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Sadly for those affected, looters are wearing utility company uniforms to gain access to defenseless residents.

3. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,081
  4. House

House Opinionated Ass

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,084
    Fuck 'em, let them fend for themselves.

There weren't any rescue crews busting their asses to help my family after Hurricane Hugo fucked our shit up when I was a kid. Noo Yawk can piss off.

5. depotoo

depotoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,414
    where is FEMA?

6. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    I been hearing from several sources the Red Cross is useless, is this true?

7. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    FEMA is currently building 400,000 habitat homes that will be placed on grounds without water, or sewage.

8. depotoo

depotoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,414
    Personally, I think they have a hard time with large scale storms due to logistics of being able to get to areas that even authorities have a hard time reaching. So far as working with the shelters, etc. I believe they probably do a pretty good job. And as in any large scale operation, it is only as good as the local management is, many of which may not have had to deal with situations on this scale before.

9. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    I read a report the Red Cross showed up somewhere with chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate when the residents needed food, clothes, shelter, gasoline etc etc

10. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    already made a thread

on this

and it got

merged

this is a dupe

for dupes

got deleted

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...te-sector-abandons-staten-island-victims.html

Private Sector Abandons Staten Island Victims - US Message Board ...
    www.usmessageboard.com › US Discussion › Current Events
    11 hours ago – ... Cross "is nowhere to be found" said James Molinaro, the Staten Island Borough President. ... Dante could successfully start his own religion ...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012