Records show Caroline Kennedy failed to cast her vote many times since 1988

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Oh goody, Oh goody, another Democrat who dosen't vote. And she,s gonna be a Senator cause,,,??? well just cause..

Caroline Kennedy wants to be the next senator from New York, but her voting record is already spotty, the Daily News has found.

City Board of Elections records show Kennedy has failed to vote in many elections since she registered in the city in 1988 - including votes for the Senate seat she hopes to fill and numerous Democratic faceoffs for mayor.

"It doesn't speak to a deep-felt commitment to the electoral process," Baruch College political scientist Doug Muzzio said when told of Kennedy's ballot breakdowns.

Records show Caroline Kennedy failed to cast her vote many times since 1988

what bs.

Actually they only know whether she voted or not, not who she voted for, thus it is still a secret "ballot". Election officials keep track of who votes so as to purge voting lists per STATE laws. Most States have laws that say if you do not vote with x amount of time, usually 4 years or so, you are removed from the voting lists and have to reregister.

Part of the thinking being that if you fail to vote in that amount of time you may no longer live in that area.

Actually they only know whether she voted or not, not who she voted for, thus it is still a secret "ballot". Election officials keep track of who votes so as to purge voting lists per STATE laws. Most States have laws that say if you do not vote with x amount of time, usually 4 years or so, you are removed from the voting lists and have to reregister.

Part of the thinking being that if you fail to vote in that amount of time you may no longer live in that area.
I understand that. Regardless, by reporting that someone didn't vote in an election their vote (or lack thereof) is no longer secret. What will we find out next? Caroline Kennedy never used tampons?

Well excuuuuuuuuze me. But I hate the idea of royalty being in power... we kinda did something about that a couple hundred years ago I thought. For someone who graduated Harvard and Columbia, has she ever held a job? Has she ever earned anything besides a couple of degrees?

Sorry, I was opposed to the idea of Palin being a Senator and I am opposed to the idea of Kennedy being Senator. It's bad when you have even LESS experience than Palin has. If Kennedy wanted to get involved in politics, she should've gotten involved a long time ago. She thinks she's entitled to the seat no matter what... yet at the same time, how can she truly fight for regular people? When has she ever had to pay a mortgage? When has she ever "suffered" with money? And she wants to represent me?

Caroline Kennedy my Senator? :hellno:

Last edited:
I understand that. Regardless, by reporting that someone didn't vote in an election their vote (or lack thereof) is no longer secret. What will we find out next? Caroline Kennedy never used tampons?

dosen't say much for her, if she can't be bothered to go vote! Phew..

When you have as much back-channel influence as Caroline probably has, casting your pathetic vote must seem like something only the "little people" do.

Now I have absolutely nothing against CK, but please spare me her vita proving what a marvelous person she is, okay?

There's far too many truly qualified people who will never get a chance to rise to the level of their competence in this world for me to accept the annointing of still anothe scion who never really had to prove her (or his) worth the way the rest of us must every god damned day of our disenfranchised lives.

Sweet Caroline needs to stick to her elite proper tea parties raising money for people she has no clue about. This nation has been burdened long enough with the Kennedy curse, let it die with Teddy and free us from our Kennedy chains.

Besides, we have a new Camelot moving into Washington. A new type of elitist hypocrites to chain us down with. We don't need a new even more dubbed down version of Kennedy to go with it.

Watching Caroline in Harlem was a pathetic sight. She looked and acted like a show poodle on display at a pitbull fight.

Go away Caroline, go away!

You are wrong, her vote IS secret, all we know is whether she voted or not. You are so stupid sometimes.

Did anyone bother to read the article posted?

"Most of the time, she voted, aides said. A review by The News found that of the 38 contested elections since 1988, Kennedy skipped about half, almost all of them primaries. "

OH MY GOD! SHE DIDN'T VOTE IN THE PRIMARIES!!!

I highly doubt Caroline has ever voted for someone with an R next to their name.

It would be an entertaining Senate race between her and Cuomo, though. Isn't there some kind of history with the Cuomos and the Kennedys? Weren't they married at some point and then got a really messy divorce?

Did anyone bother to read the article posted?

"Most of the time, she voted, aides said. A review by The News found that of the 38 contested elections since 1988, Kennedy skipped about half, almost all of them primaries. "

OH MY GOD! SHE DIDN'T VOTE IN THE PRIMARIES!!!

Yes, oh my God, she didn't vote for Clinton in 2006, for the junior senate seat in the State of New York. That's the seat SHE wants to hold. And she wants us to vote for her when she doesn't even vote? Fuck that.

Yes, oh my God, she didn't vote for Clinton in 2006, for the junior senate seat in the State of New York. That's the seat SHE wants to hold. And she wants us to vote for her when she doesn't even vote? Fuck that.

Who cares?

Most elections in New York are uncontested.

I think she will make a great Senator. I like what she stands for.

So much for secret ballots.

Agreed, just the mere fact it was revealed whether she voted or not is showing the ballots aren't that secret.

Her not voting in the primaries is no big deal though.

Though I suppose Willow is still trying to make something out of nothing.

With some of the candidates we've seen over the years in this country, one would lose faith in bothering to vote at times.

Gotta love the Caroline Kennedy bashing though.

Hey David, you bring up Hillary. Let me ask you this? What kind of experience did Hillary have when she got the senate seat in New York? Hell, she didn't live in New York long enough to point you to a good Italian restaurant most likely.

Lets see what kind of political experience Hillary had when she got the seat:

First Lady, First Lady, and....First Lady.

She went to Yale Law School as well.

Caroline Kennedy:

She received her A.B from Radcliffe College at Harvard.

Her J.D from Columbia Law School in 1988.

She is a member of the New York and D.C bar associations.

She is also a member of the boards of directors of the Commission on Presidential Debates and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.

From 2002 through 2004 Kennedy worked as director of the Office of Strategic Partnerships for the the New York City Department of Education. The three-day-a week job paid her a salary of $1 and had the goal of raising private money for the New York City public schools. In her capacity, she helped raise more than $65 million for the city’s public schools. She currently serves as one of two vice chairs of the board of directors of The Fund for Public Schools, a public-private partnership founded in 2002 to attract private funding for public schools in New York City. She has also served on the board of trustees of Concord Academy, which she attended as a child.

So how much have you and hill raised for the city's public schools?

Her political views:

Supports legalizing Gay Marriage
Pro-Choice
Strong supporter of Gun Control and favors restoring the federal ban on assault weapons.

So put down the stones and look where you're throwing first.

Who cares?

Most elections in New York are uncontested.

Who cares? People died for the right to vote for their representatives. That red on our flag symbolized them. By sitting at home and enjoying your tea on a day when you could vote, it shows you don't give a shit about this country. Now you want to represent it? Bullshit.

I think she will make a great Senator. I like what she stands for.

What does she stand for? I haven't heard her give a press conference stating her beliefs, yet.

Who cares? People died for the right to vote for their representatives. That red on our flag symbolized them. By sitting at home and enjoying your tea on a day when you could vote, it shows you don't give a shit about this country. Now you want to represent it? Bullshit.

What does she stand for? I haven't heard her give a press conference stating her beliefs, yet.

You just want them to elect a Jewish man from Brooklyn....

I guess you missed my entire post on the first page. That or ignoring it. :eusa_whistle:

You just want them to elect a Jewish man from Brooklyn....

I don't give a shit if we elect a Buddhist for Senator, I just want someone who doesn't take her right to vote for granted. 100 years ago women couldn't vote. If Ann Coulter had her way, they still wouldn't be able to.

I don't give a shit if we elect a Buddhist for Senator, I just want someone who doesn't take her right to vote for granted. 100 years ago women couldn't vote. If Ann Coulter had her way, they still wouldn't be able to.

:clap2: Putting Caroline Kennedy and Ann Coulter in the same post; you must feel proud of yourself.

Again, refer to my post on the first page at the bottom.

Forum List

Back