Records show Caroline Kennedy failed to cast her vote many times since 1988

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WillowTree, Dec 21, 2008.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,775
    Oh goody, Oh goody, another Democrat who dosen't vote. And she,s gonna be a Senator cause,,,??? well just cause..

Caroline Kennedy wants to be the next senator from New York, but her voting record is already spotty, the Daily News has found.

City Board of Elections records show Kennedy has failed to vote in many elections since she registered in the city in 1988 - including votes for the Senate seat she hopes to fill and numerous Democratic faceoffs for mayor.

"It doesn't speak to a deep-felt commitment to the electoral process," Baruch College political scientist Doug Muzzio said when told of Kennedy's ballot breakdowns.

Records show Caroline Kennedy failed to cast her vote many times since 1988

what bs.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,887
    So much for secret ballots.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,018
    Actually they only know whether she voted or not, not who she voted for, thus it is still a secret "ballot". Election officials keep track of who votes so as to purge voting lists per STATE laws. Most States have laws that say if you do not vote with x amount of time, usually 4 years or so, you are removed from the voting lists and have to reregister.

Part of the thinking being that if you fail to vote in that amount of time you may no longer live in that area.

4. NOBama

NOBama Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +173
    BS? C'mon Willow, just look at these qualifications. She's a shoe-in for the job!

5. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,887
    I understand that. Regardless, by reporting that someone didn't vote in an election their vote (or lack thereof) is no longer secret. What will we find out next? Caroline Kennedy never used tampons?

6. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Well excuuuuuuuuze me. But I hate the idea of royalty being in power... we kinda did something about that a couple hundred years ago I thought. For someone who graduated Harvard and Columbia, has she ever held a job? Has she ever earned anything besides a couple of degrees?

Sorry, I was opposed to the idea of Palin being a Senator and I am opposed to the idea of Kennedy being Senator. It's bad when you have even LESS experience than Palin has. If Kennedy wanted to get involved in politics, she should've gotten involved a long time ago. She thinks she's entitled to the seat no matter what... yet at the same time, how can she truly fight for regular people? When has she ever had to pay a mortgage? When has she ever "suffered" with money? And she wants to represent me?

Caroline Kennedy my Senator? :hellno:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  7. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,775

dosen't say much for her, if she can't be bothered to go vote! Phew..

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    When you have as much back-channel influence as Caroline probably has, casting your pathetic vote must seem like something only the "little people" do.

Now I have absolutely nothing against CK, but please spare me her vita proving what a marvelous person she is, okay?

There's far too many truly qualified people who will never get a chance to rise to the level of their competence in this world for me to accept the annointing of still anothe scion who never really had to prove her (or his) worth the way the rest of us must every god damned day of our disenfranchised lives.

9. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Sweet Caroline needs to stick to her elite proper tea parties raising money for people she has no clue about. This nation has been burdened long enough with the Kennedy curse, let it die with Teddy and free us from our Kennedy chains.

Besides, we have a new Camelot moving into Washington. A new type of elitist hypocrites to chain us down with. We don't need a new even more dubbed down version of Kennedy to go with it.

Watching Caroline in Harlem was a pathetic sight. She looked and acted like a show poodle on display at a pitbull fight.

Go away Caroline, go away!

10. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,018
    You are wrong, her vote IS secret, all we know is whether she voted or not. You are so stupid sometimes.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1