Recording Industry Lobbying Group Pushes Congress To Tax Radio Stations More

I've been hearing radio ads against it also.

What it'll do if passed is put a LOT of small radio stations out of business. In the long run it'll be an avenue to satellite radio and you'll have to pay for a subscription similar to Dish Network, Direct TV or any other satellite TV. The bottom line is you won't get free FM radio anymore because the stations won't be able to run at a profit with this tax imposed.

Rick

Really don't like the idea of this. Recording industry is definitely pretty screwed at the moment though! They need to be rewarding people paying for their music somehow

MusicFIRST's latest effort was to drag its dog and pony show to Congress, where it paraded a bunch of musicians in front of Congresscritters to whine about how unfair it was that radio stations helped promote their music without paying them.

Let them pass it! The same people who asked for it will be back asking that it be rescinded.

I want musicians, instead of only song writers, to be paid for their work.... but, at the same time, the RIAA should be collecting this from record companies instead of radio stations.

I bet the companies wanting to get this tax passed, wouldn't like if they had to pay radio stations a fee for getting their music advertised

This is a shot at independent radio stations which are the only places left where you can listen to people talk about UFO abductions, psychic revelations, auto repair, fishing, religion, politics, and nearly anything else, openly. Why do you think anyone would want to do that?

Radio doesn't exactly make tons of money anymore, seems stupid to want to add yet another tax there.

Then again, there are people who think the only solution to anything is to raise taxes.

Forum List

Back