Reasons to stop the port lease

dilloduck said:
Since when does any company have to prove that it will be good for America before it operates here?

In normal times they don't but have you been paying attention to whom are enemy is, the etnicity since 9/11? Are you alive?

OCA said:
In normal times they don't but have you been paying attention to whom are enemy is, the etnicity since 9/11? Are you alive?
So it IS a racial issue with you---There are some that don't understand why they are being called racist. Maybe you can explain it to them.

IS UAE the enemy?--are all arabs the enemy?--are all muslims the enemy?

dilloduck said:
You made a point that I have tried to make a million times. We have heard all kinds of responses to this deal without having any idea what is in there. I think it's presumptious for anyone to make claims about the deal until someone has seen it. Some of it may be so classified we never see it. Additionally we have the lies that continue to pour in. I have heard several reports that the shore personnel will remain the same, the unions are ok with the deal etc.
Look--until it's etched in stone let's not panic. It's unneccessary and helps liberals.

I just gave my humble opinion from one who actually worked in this field vs someone who is a cheerleader...no more no less!

archangel said:
I just gave my humble opinion from one who actually worked in this field vs someone who is a cheerleader...no more no less!

Have you ever considered that this deal includes special provisions or regulations that they just haven't shared with you?

dilloduck said:
Have you ever considered that this deal includes special provisions or regulations that they just haven't shared with you?

No my friend...just a opinion based on past experience...nothing has changed in this field since Treasury's incorporation in 1776....collect the taxes in the port and guarantee security of such...simple really!

archangel said:
No my friend...just a opinion based on past experience...nothing has changed in this field since Treasury's incorporation in 1776....collect the taxes in the port and guarantee security of such...simple really!

Do they still wear those little 3 cornered hats (tricorns)? Cmon arch--don't try to tell me nothing has changed or you know everything about this VERY SPECIFIC deal.

dilloduck said:
Do they still wear those little 3 cornered hats (tricorns)? Cmon arch--don't try to tell me nothing has changed or you know everything about this VERY SPECIFIC deal.

convince you of anything...I just laid out the facts...make your own assumptions...and by the way the hats were cool..outdated as they may be...the law and operations,however remains the same...sorry! ;)

archangel said:
convince you of anything...I just laid out the facts...make your own assumptions...and by the way the hats were cool..outdated as they may be...the law and operations,however remains the same...sorry! ;)

You have not laid out a single fact that is in the proposed DPW lease agreement with the US.

Amazing--1776-2006. No law changes, no operation changes. Can we still throw tea in the harbor and cool stuff like that?

dilloduck said:
You have not laid out a single fact that is in the proposed DPW lease agreement with the US.

Amazing--1776-2006. No law changes, no operation changes. Can we still throw tea in the harbor and cool stuff like that?

We were talking principle of operations...which has not change...sure new laws have been enacted...ie: "You have the right to remain silent" And yes throw all the tea in the harbor too your hearts desire...now come up with a real argument vs cheerleading!

ScreamingEagle said:
No. It's the way to get along with others in this world...others that you may not trust completely. We that are supporting Bush are not fools either.

On this issue, yes you are.

ScreamingEagle said:
And turning allies into enemies is not foolish? :scratch:

They're just another two faced arab nation. You're fooling yourself.

rtwngAvngr said:
They're just another two faced arab nation. You're fooling yourself.

And you wonder why the "racist" word gets thrown around. I can't even tell you and WJ apart anymore.

dilloduck said:
And you wonder why the "racist" word gets thrown around. I can't even tell you and WJ apart anymore.

Sticks and stones will break my bones but deals with terrors supporting governments are stupid.

dilloduck said:
So it IS a racial issue with you---There are some that don't understand why they are being called racist. Maybe you can explain it to them.

IS UAE the enemy?--are all arabs the enemy?--are all muslims the enemy?

Are you one of these weird freaks who think we should be searching old ladies and not Arabs because we might offend their sensibilities? Because almost all terrorist acts against the U.S. have come from Arab sponsors and Arab perpetrators then we have every right based upon fact and etnicity to be suspicious of and to ultimately squelch this deal.

ScreamingEagle said:

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another one of these the U.A.E. is our ally people. Lol wake up! Check out the U.A.E. Al Qaeda paper trail.

OCA said:
Are you one of these weird freaks who think we should be searching old ladies and not Arabs because we might offend their sensibilities? Because almost all terrorist acts against the U.S. have come from Arab sponsors and Arab perpetrators then we have every right based upon fact and etnicity to be suspicious of and to ultimately squelch this deal.

No --I'm happy this country has been profiled--we should do it more often

ScreamingEagle said:

I'm still hesitant to use the R-word on general principle, but there is obviously a heavy dose of paranoia at work here; fueled by the misinformation and out-and-out lies perpetrated by the media and the Dems.

theim said:
I'm still hesitant to use the R-word on general principle, but there is obviously a heavy dose of paranoia at work here; fueled by the misinformation and out-and-out lies perpetrated by the media and the Dems.

What lies. You think they won't have access packing lists? You think they won't see what data triggers inspections?

Forum List

Back