Reasons to stop the port lease

ScreamingEagle said:
About as old and worn as the "stupid" approach.

:moon4: :funnyface

and the kiss my butt smiley is a little 'RUSTY'...Rusty!

ScreamingEagle said:
So your calling Bush a liar is really only a supposition on your part?

Admit it.

I believe it's a lie. Of course, I can't back it up with a link.

ScreamingEagle said:
What's more important here is the slackness of our security systems.

That's right, rules will solve everything. Nevermind the reliablity of those charged with implementing them and keeping them secret.

ScreamingEagle said:
What's more important here is the slackness of our security systems.

and this is what I have been arguing all along...the system needs a real make-over...IMHO!

rtwngAvngr said:
That's right, rules will solve everything. Nevermind the reliablity of those charged with implementing them and keeping them secret.

Trust but verify.

Tightening up security measures will go a long way to protecting America. Dissing holding companies of allies will not.

Why insult and lose allies and then maybe lose the war where we have chosen to fight it? If we lose it over there we for sure are going to have to fight it over here. There will be nothing to stop it here. Like Archangel says, our system needs a makeover, otherwise they will be bringing in bombs left and right through our big sieve.

As a side note, I find it hillaryous that liberals are so mightily concerned now about WMDs --- from an area that supposedly didn't have any. :D

ScreamingEagle said:
Trust but verify.

Tightening up security measures will go a long way to protecting America. Dissing holding companies of allies will not.

Why insult and lose allies and then maybe lose the war where we have chosen to fight it? If we lose it over there we for sure are going to have to fight it over here. There will be nothing to stop it here. Like Archangel says, our system needs a makeover, otherwise they will be bringing in bombs left and right through our big sieve.

As a side note, I find it hillaryous that liberals are so mightily concerned now about WMDs --- from an area that supposedly didn't have any. :D

What. They won't help anymore unless they can operate our ports? This is appeasement. It's stupid.

"Trust But verify" was the motto used in inspecting nuclear proliferation of countries not supposed to have them. Don't you think it odd that you're using this phrase regarding operators of our ports?

rtwngAvngr said:
Not at all. I'm saying it's not that great a business, yet it has strategic value, if taking over the world is something one is interested in.

I'm sure they'll reconsider their evil bid to take over the world for...

One MILLION DOLLARS!!!

dr-evil-2.jpg

rtwngAvngr said:
Not at all. I'm saying it's not that great a business, yet it has strategic value, if taking over the world is something one is interested in.

Oh yeah, one more point. Since it's not that great of a business, does it then surprise you that there are no American companies in the bidding for this contract?

rtwngAvngr said:
"Trust But verify" was the motto used in inspecting nuclear proliferation of countries not supposed to have them. Don't you think it odd that you're using this phrase regarding operators of our ports?

No. It's the way to get along with others in this world...others that you may not trust completely. We that are supporting Bush are not fools either.

I find it amazing that liberals are so absolutely SURE that there were no WMDs in the ENTIRE COUNTRY of Iraq but yet they can't be sure about finding WMDs coming through a couple dozen terminals run by some friendly Arabs. :cuckoo:

trobinett said:
It appears that the "cooling off" period called by both sides is a good idea.

At first blush, I was against this buy out, but once I did some background work, got the facts, weighted the advantages vs any disadvantages. It became apparent, that this is a good deal.

Having said that, I still think the "cooling off" period is a good call, so discussion's like on this board, and others can take place, and more people become comfortable with the deal. :usa:

Got any examples of how this is a good deal for us? I mean none have been put forward by anybody yet but thousands of reasons why this deal is bad exist.

OCA said:
Got any examples of how this is a good deal for us? I mean none have been put forward by anybody yet but thousands of reasons why this deal is bad exist.

The very same people working in these ports today will STILL be working in these ports. Makes for a smooth transition.

dilloduck said:
The very same people working in these ports today will STILL be working in these ports. Makes for a smooth transition.

:huh: did you get a retainer or what...benefits pending?

dilloduck said:

LMFAO! Is that the best you can do? Because the same people will be working there? But the management will be from a terorist supportive country, sound thinking from a person who takes a position only because someone he dislikes takes a position i.e. Hillary and Schumer. Don't be afraid, you won't turn into a lib just because you might agree with them on 1 issue, you must become more of a man than this.

OCA said:
LMFAO! Is that the best you can do? Because the same people will be working there? But the management will be from a terorist supportive country, sound thinking from a person who takes a position only because someone he dislikes takes a position i.e. Hillary and Schumer. Don't be afraid, you won't turn into a lib just because you might agree with them on 1 issue, you must become more of a man than this.

Since when does any company have to prove that it will be good for America before it operates here?

dilloduck said:
I was reading off of your copy.

please bring me up to speed on this comment...sorry I may be a little dense in this venue!

archangel said:
please bring me up to speed on this comment...sorry I may be a little dense in this venue!

You made a point that I have tried to make a million times. We have heard all kinds of responses to this deal without having any idea what is in there. I think it's presumptious for anyone to make claims about the deal until someone has seen it. Some of it may be so classified we never see it. Additionally we have the lies that continue to pour in. I have heard several reports that the shore personnel will remain the same, the unions are ok with the deal etc.
Look--until it's etched in stone let's not panic. It's unneccessary and helps liberals.

Forum List

Back