Reapportionment and Tax base loss

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Trump's tax bill means that the post election out migration from most blue/purple states will be roughly double the expected rate after this year's election and out migration of employers along with assisted migration will continue through the 2020 reelection campaign. The shrinking of the tax base means higher State and local taxes and fewer safe blue districts outside of the red states. In the red states gerrymandering will guarantee something like 99.99% victories in the general election for Ds in 2022 throughout Trump country and effectively zero R wins in the current Blue Wall because there will be a lot fewer R districts but again 99.99% margins of victory. I figure it will take to 2024 for the Ds to straighten out the mess in their party.

Trump's tax bill means that the post election out migration from most blue/purple states will be roughly double the expected rate after this year's election and out migration of employers along with assisted migration will continue through the 2020 reelection campaign. The shrinking of the tax base means higher State and local taxes and fewer safe blue districts outside of the red states. In the red states gerrymandering will guarantee something like 99.99% victories in the general election for Ds in 2022 throughout Trump country and effectively zero R wins in the current Blue Wall because there will be a lot fewer R districts but again 99.99% margins of victory. I figure it will take to 2024 for the Ds to straighten out the mess in their party.
2024? See you in November, Trumptard :itsok:

I have to admit. One of your most difficult posts to concentrate on and read. But you at right. "The shrinking of the tax base means higher State and local taxes" That is correct from what I have read. Somebody has to pay for it.

I find it amazing that posters of every political stripe have ignored the facts that without unlimited SALT deductibility and the PSUs being legally joined at the hip to the Ds the Democratic party needs an entirely different structure to be an effective opposition party and it will take a great deal of time and cockiness by the GOP to get back to zero effectiveness for the Democratic party probably 40-50 years.

Forum List

Back