Really, how will obama run for re-election?

I'm guessing (and it's just a guess :rolleyes:) that even the most brain-dead koolaid-soaked obamabot can grasp that he can't run on his record.

Will "He Killed Osama" work as a bumpersticker? :eusa_angel:

Nobody cares if he took out osama if they've been evicted from their house and haven't worked for three years.

How about "It's All Bush's Fault"?

That's the main thing coming from the bots here - but nobody else will buy it - if they tried that, it would just make them look sickeningly out of touch with reality and looking for a scapegoat for probably the worst administration in history.

So what will it be? It has to be something to distract people from the democrat economic disaster, and I'm guessing that will mean ramping up the defamation attacks, as eg were used on McCain in 2008. I don't think that'll work this time. But what else can they do?

I'm thinking that he'll explain to the American people how he tried to get more cuts in spending, which he did, but also needed the support to increase taxes a bit to actually make a substantial cut in the deficit. Since the Republicans refused any increase in taxes whatsoever, he was forced to agree to a bill that did little. If he is smart, he will drive home the point that yes, we do need cuts in spending, and we need to address the long term costs of Medicare without dismantling it. To do so, he will have to explain why some tax increases are necessary and why he will not allow the Bush tax cuts to be extended again.

I think he will also show how he has compromised on just about everything the Republicans have forced on him, yet they have never reciprocated. He will also show how the tax cuts Republicans have demanded have not led to economic Nirvana. In the end, he will push a very realistic agenda of spending cuts and tax increases to get the budget under control while not destroying any of the safety net. The hard sell will be to get Americans to understand that we must raise the age for Medicare in order to stem it's financial growth.

If he does these things, which I believe he will, he will easily win re-election and by showing how tax cutting policy has been a huge failure, he will likely carry the Dems back to a majority in the House. Now, he could screw this all up, but he actually has a huge opportunity. One last thing; he needs to stop blaming Bush for everything and put the blame for the massive losses in revenue on all Republicans.

I'm guessing (and it's just a guess :rolleyes:) that even the most brain-dead koolaid-soaked obamabot can grasp that he can't run on his record.

Nobody cares if he took out osama if they've been evicted from their house and haven't worked for three years.

That's the main thing coming from the bots here - but nobody else will buy it - if they tried that, it would just make them look sickeningly out of touch with reality and looking for a scapegoat for probably the worst administration in history.

So what will it be? It has to be something to distract people from the democrat economic disaster, and I'm guessing that will mean ramping up the defamation attacks, as eg were used on McCain in 2008. I don't think that'll work this time. But what else can they do?

Obama's campaign has already announced what they're going to do. Yesterday in Politico--they feel Romney will be the nominee and they are out to destroy him--by attacking him personally--in other words below the belt 501 groups.

The REASON--Barack Obama has been an utter failure as President. It's apparent to everyone-- including prominent democrats--that this man was never really qualified to be POTUS in the 1st place. So no accomplishments to run on--spells a very ugly--negative campaign that Obama will be running.

That's what I suggested - they can't run on obama's record, so they'll turn up the defamation machine to new levels.

I'm thinking that he'll explain to the American people how he tried to get more cuts in spending, which he did, but also needed the support to increase taxes a bit to actually make a substantial cut in the deficit. Since the Republicans refused any increase in taxes whatsoever, he was forced to agree to a bill that did little. If he is smart, he will drive home the point that yes, we do need cuts in spending, and we need to address the long term costs of Medicare without dismantling it. To do so, he will have to explain why some tax increases are necessary and why he will not allow the Bush tax cuts to be extended again.

I think he will also show how he has compromised on just about everything the Republicans have forced on him, yet they have never reciprocated. He will also show how the tax cuts Republicans have demanded have not led to economic Nirvana. In the end, he will push a very realistic agenda of spending cuts and tax increases to get the budget under control while not destroying any of the safety net. The hard sell will be to get Americans to understand that we must raise the age for Medicare in order to stem it's financial growth.

If he does these things, which I believe he will, he will easily win re-election and by showing how tax cutting policy has been a huge failure, he will likely carry the Dems back to a majority in the House. Now, he could screw this all up, but he actually has a huge opportunity. One last thing; he needs to stop blaming Bush for everything and put the blame for the massive losses in revenue on all Republicans.

I doubt he can pull that off. If he does, it will be once more capitalizing on the economics ignorance of the vast majority of the american people, who still apparently don't grasp that it's foolish to raise taxes in a recession, much less a near depression. Essentially, he would be hoping class warfare rhetoric could trump the laws of economics. That approach is especially suspect, since it has been shown by Gallup polls and other evidence that this is the most divisive presidency in many years.

Republicans THOUGHT they'd managed to doom/bankrupt Obama's Presidency, by forcing an extension of the Bush Tax-Cuts.....and, MOST veteran-Dems recognize that. At the end o' 2012, we'll (once, again) start paying-our-bills/paying-down our debt!! (....Despite the Republicans best-efforts to stick the Middle Class with all-the-bills.)

$HARED $ACRIFICE; the KEY to Obama's $ucce$$ful 2nd Term!!!!!

Last edited:
Stimulus was good and Obama Health Care Bill was good.
MY god are you stupid.

Stimulus Failed Miserably and added nearly 1 Trillion to our Debt Problem.

Obama Care is a horrid Disaster that is will Burden Business with New Mandates, and Regulations and cost us all BILLIONS!
If your definition of success is saving the economy from going into a depression, it was a success but if your definition of success is a robust recovery, it obviously failed. The fact is what was done was probably all that could be done. Doing nothing was certainly not an option. Economist were recommending, 1.2 trillion dollars stimulus bill which could not pass either the House or Senate. Most economist did not favor a tax cut. Interest rate were near zero, so there was little room to lower them. The president chose the best of several bad alternatives.

Bullshit. Here is the ad by the Cato Institute signed by something like 300 economists telling Obama the exact opposite.
http://www.cato.org/special/stimulus09/cato_stimulus.pdf

Economic policies should produce a recovery, not a sustained slump. The 2001 recession had much worse job loss, but job creation was good so unemployment was not as bad.
Obama's domestic policies are failures. His foreign policy is a failure. Virtually every act he has done is a failure.
Anyone remember the 100M in cuts he ordered the Cabinet to find? We're still waiting. The miserable fucker cannot cut $100M, how is he supposed to find over a trillion dollars in cuts?
The spin from the leftists here will not go over. No one will accept "it would have been much worse" when they are out of work for 2 years and now unemployable.

I doubt he can pull that off. If he does, it will be once more capitalizing on the economics ignorance of the vast majority of the american people, who still apparently don't grasp that it's foolish to raise taxes in a recession, much less a near depression. Essentially, he would be hoping class warfare rhetoric could trump the laws of economics. That approach is especially suspect, since it has been shown by Gallup polls and other evidence that this is the most divisive presidency in many years.

Only the hard core accept the premise that Obama would have been a great success if not for those meany Republicans. The truth is apparant: the Dems held filibuster proof majorities in both houses and failed to pass legislation that would have gotten us back on track. Obama never compromised with the GOP. Hell, he didnt meet with them for 6 months.

The dems will have held the huge preponderance of government control during obama's four years. Obama has shown an inclination to pull power into the executive branch. Obama has even appointed two supreme court judges. The "it was someone else's fault" dodge doesn't wash, and if they try it, it will allow all kinds of ridicule from the republicans.

Facts are stubborn things.

- They've nearly doubled the debt.

- They've increased the unemployment rate, mostly by intimidating businesses with their anti-business attitude.

- They've extended the recession.

- They attempted a very expensive "stimulus" cure which has abjectly failed.

- They've vastly increased government power, and to no good end.

- They are losing a war in afghanistan, PR stunts like the osama killing notwithstanding.

- They've increased mortgage defaults and evictions

- They wiped out all the 2011 stock market gains and then some.

- They presided over the first US credit rating lowering in history.

- They've peddled class warfare rhetoric and created an unprecedented divided country.

We've had our experiment in leftwing extremism.

Enough.

Last edited:

Only the hard core accept the premise that Obama would have been a great success if not for those meany Republicans. The truth is apparant: the Dems held filibuster proof majorities in both houses and failed to pass legislation that would have gotten us back on track. Obama never compromised with the GOP. Hell, he didnt meet with them for 6 months.
....And. all Republicans could manage for Obama's first 18 MONTHS, was....

"NO!!"

He'll blame republicans for everything under the sun and his progressive robots will cheer him on while he does it.

His voting base is extremely stupid - they will believe everything that comes out of his mouth, er teleprompter.

Of course he wont win because 20-50% of independent voters that actually gave him a chance in 2008 now despise him.

I don't believe the typical democrat voter fraud can makeup for that.

He's actually a great campaigner, people really like him contrary to wingnut's attempt to redefine him.

Plus he has a jump on the money end of things. He'll define himself with all that cash. Your guys won't even come close.

He's actually a great campaigner, people really like him contrary to wingnut's attempt to redefine him.

Plus he has a jump on the money end of things. He'll define himself with all that cash. Your guys won't even come close.
He is lost without his teleprompter. His campaigning failed to change the races in VA and NJ.
Can you give one memorable phrase from any of his speeches? One that isn't a cliche.

He is lost without his teleprompter. His campaigning failed to change the races in VA and NJ.
Can you give one memorable phrase from any of his speeches? One that isn't a cliche.

And you're lost without your cliched partisan talking points.

Obama will run on the Republican record of the last four years

He will point out the obstructionism, deception, half-truths that have prevented a US recovery. He will point to the lack of a single accomplishment by the right wing and how they are continually on the wrong side of history. How they blocked healthcare, START approval, the repeal of DADT. The Republican precipatation of the debt crisis and then refusal to compromise on a comprehensive debt plan

Obama will win in a landslide

Obamaturd did not get obl, the navy seals got him. The order was given by guess who? GWB. Obamaturd claiming he got him is just another lie from the liar in chief.

He will point out the obstructionism, deception, half-truths that have prevented a US recovery. He will point to the lack of a single accomplishment by the right wing and how they are continually on the wrong side of history. How they blocked healthcare, START approval, the repeal of DADT. The Republican precipatation of the debt crisis and then refusal to compromise on a comprehensive debt plan

Otherwise he will twist the truth and lie like a typical dimwit.

He'll count on peoples stupidity. Just like the first time.

Obamaturd did not get obl, the navy seals got him. The order was given by guess who? GWB. Obamaturd claiming he got him is just another lie from the liar in chief.

Nice spin; I almost thanked you, lmao.

We know what your record of predictions is.
So this gives me great comfort. I am sure people want to hear "Sure we Democrats held a lock on the executive and legislative branches of gov't for 2 years and more. But we couldn't do anything because the GOP, whose votes we didnt need, blocked us."
Yeah. Run on that one.

Since he can't run on his record, there's really only one thing Obama can do - run the most negative campaign in history, blaming Bush, the GOP, and demagoguing whoever the repub candidate is. Do not underestimate him, he has or will have a boatload of money and will run endless campaign ads, and he will be heavily supported by the mainstream media.

All true. But I get a Matthews-like feeling up my leg just thinking about the ads our side will construct comparing what Barry said to what actually happened. Even my son, a rank amateur, has put together some really devastating stuff for a college video production class he's taking. In one it starts with quotes from Obama, Biden, and other dims regarding that massive amount of shovel-ready jobs they touted, followed by Barry and others laughing off the fact that such timely jobs weren't as they advertised, a fact further highlighted with some killer voice-over commentary.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back