Really, how will obama run for re-election?

I'm thinking that he'll explain to the American people how he tried to get more cuts in spending, which he did, but also needed the support to increase taxes a bit to actually make a substantial cut in the deficit. Since the Republicans refused any increase in taxes whatsoever, he was forced to agree to a bill that did little. If he is smart, he will drive home the point that yes, we do need cuts in spending, and we need to address the long term costs of Medicare without dismantling it. To do so, he will have to explain why some tax increases are necessary and why he will not allow the Bush tax cuts to be extended again.

I think he will also show how he has compromised on just about everything the Republicans have forced on him, yet they have never reciprocated. He will also show how the tax cuts Republicans have demanded have not led to economic Nirvana. In the end, he will push a very realistic agenda of spending cuts and tax increases to get the budget under control while not destroying any of the safety net. The hard sell will be to get Americans to understand that we must raise the age for Medicare in order to stem it's financial growth.

If he does these things, which I believe he will, he will easily win re-election and by showing how tax cutting policy has been a huge failure, he will likely carry the Dems back to a majority in the House. Now, he could screw this all up, but he actually has a huge opportunity. One last thing; he needs to stop blaming Bush for everything and put the blame for the massive losses in revenue on all Republicans.

I doubt he can pull that off. If he does, it will be once more capitalizing on the economics ignorance of the vast majority of the american people, who still apparently don't grasp that it's foolish to raise taxes in a recession, much less a near depression. Essentially, he would be hoping class warfare rhetoric could trump the laws of economics. That approach is especially suspect, since it has been shown by Gallup polls and other evidence that this is the most divisive presidency in many years.

Only the hard core accept the premise that Obama would have been a great success if not for those meany Republicans. The truth is apparant: the Dems held filibuster proof majorities in both houses and failed to pass legislation that would have gotten us back on track. Obama never compromised with the GOP. Hell, he didnt meet with them for 6 months.

Yep. Your right there.

I seem to remember STFU and get in the back of the bus as well.

Barry can't run on his record because it sucks big time. His Obamacare is going to cost trillions and his policies to improve the economy and jobs have utterly failed.

He had a super majority and the only thing he Pelosi and Reid were concerned with was being part of that "Historic Moment." They didn't give a shit that a majority of Americans opposed it. They knew best

He will attack the GOP and whoever they nominate. It will turn into its all their fault. I tried my best and couldn't get it done because of them.

This guy is a fucking disaster as POTUS and I can hardly wait to see the backside of him.

From the above leftwing comments, it appears that the obama defense will be "it's all the republicans' fault". This is a sure-fire winning approach - the GOP winning. :D

From the above leftwing comments, it appears that the obama defense will be "it's all the republicans' fault". This is a sure-fire winning approach - the GOP winning. :D

Republican histrionics and antics over the last four years will come into play. So will the Tea Party causing a credit downgrade

Given the pathetic crop of GOP candidates, Obama will win easily

Obama will run on the Republican record of the last four years

He will point out the obstructionism, deception, half-truths that have prevented a US recovery. He will point to the lack of a single accomplishment by the right wing and how they are continually on the wrong side of history. How they blocked healthcare, START approval, the repeal of DADT. The Republican precipatation of the debt crisis and then refusal to compromise on a comprehensive debt plan

Obama will win in a landslide

So in other words, he'll lie.

Republican histrionics and antics over the last four years will come into play. So will the Tea Party causing a credit downgrade

You've taken leave of your senses - the "we ran almost all of the government for four years, but the republicans are to blame" will just make leftwingers look like pathetic laughing stocks. :lol:

I am always weary of this kind of defense. Well if I had not done this, this would have happened. Well we will never really know will we.
Using our astute powers of hindsight, let's turn the clock back to Feb. 2009 when the stimulus package was passed. The New York Times had just reported 598,000 jobs lost the previous month. By contrast last month the economy added 117,000 jobs. In 2009 bank failure rates as well as foreclosures were the highest they had been since the Great Depression. In other words we were in deep shit.

The $787 billion stimulus package was to jump start economic growth, and save between 900,000-2.3 million jobs. The package allocated funds as follows:
$288 billion in tax cuts.
$224 billion in extended unemployment benefits, education and health care.
$275 billion for job creation using federal contracts, grants and loans.

Was the the stimulus package a success? That depends on who you ask. The CBO estimated that in the fourth quarter of 2010 there were somewhere between 1.3 million and 3.5 million people who were then employed who would not have been had the stimulus not been enacted. To these people it was obviously a success.

Suppose instead of the economic stimulus bill we did as critics suggest. "To improve the economy, policymakers should focus on reforms that remove impediments to work, saving, investment and production. Lower tax rates and a reduction in the
burden of government are the best ways of using fiscal policy to boost growth." In other words, cut assistance to the poor and those hurt most by the recession, give tax breaks to the wealthy, and add to the unemployment by reducing the size of government. I seriously doubt that even a Republican congress would dare to embark on such a program.

Historical Unemployment Rates in the United States
For Job Losses, No Sign That Worst Is Over - NYTimes.com
Bank Failure Rate Quickens Through January 2009
http://www.cato.org/special/stimulus09/cato_stimulus.pdf
CBO: Jobs Created and Saved By Stimulus Cost At Minimum An Average of $228,055 Each | CNSnews.com

Last edited:

You've taken leave of your senses - the "we ran almost all of the government for four years, but the republicans are to blame" will just make leftwingers look like pathetic laughing stocks. :lol:

Hey Patrick!

I got a homework assignment for ya. watch the GOP debates tonight on Fox and come back and tell me which one is capable of beating Obama and why

Hey Patrick!

I got a homework assignment for ya. watch the GOP debates tonight on Fox and come back and tell me which one is capable of beating Obama and why

By the time november 2012 roles around, voters will be ready for ANYBODY who isn't obama.

Hey Patrick!

By the time november 2012 roles around, voters will be ready for ANYBODY who isn't obama.

You guys tried that in November and it didn't work. How did the "anybody can beat Harry Reid" work out?

You think you can run one of those dull, second rate GOP conteders against Obama and actually win? Have you actually heard these guys?

McCain was a much better candidate than anyone you have now

Secondary fallout in 2012

Republicans are going to give back the House in a backlash against Tea Party crazies

Welcome back Speaker Pelosi

Stimulus was good and Obama Health Care Bill was good.

That sort of total, breath-taking disregard for the truth will work at a koolaid rally, but not with normal adult voters.

I wouldn't call Fox News watchers "normal adult voters".

You are absolutely correct, they are not normal, they are informed and involved. Very unlike the unions, acorn and other groups he is buying. The big difference is that they like America the way it was, not what he has turned it into.

I am always weary of this kind of defense. Well if I had not done this, this would have happened. Well we will never really know will we.
Using our astute powers of hindsight, let's turn the clock back to Feb. 2009 when the stimulus package was passed. The New York Times had just reported 598,000 jobs lost the previous month. By contrast last month the economy added 117,000 jobs. In 2009 bank failure rates as well as foreclosures were the highest they had been since the Great Depression. In other words we were in deep shit.

The $787 billion stimulus package was to jump start economic growth, and save between 900,000-2.3 million jobs. The package allocated funds as follows:
$288 billion in tax cuts.
$224 billion in extended unemployment benefits, education and health care.
$275 billion for job creation using federal contracts, grants and loans.

Was the the stimulus package a success? That depends on who you ask. The CBO estimated that in the fourth quarter of 2010 there were somewhere between 1.3 million and 3.5 million people who were then employed who would not have been had the stimulus not been enacted. To these people it was obviously a success.

Suppose instead of the economic stimulus bill we did as critics suggest. "To improve the economy, policymakers should focus on reforms that remove impediments to work, saving, investment and production. Lower tax rates and a reduction in the
burden of government are the best ways of using fiscal policy to boost growth." In other words, cut assistance to the poor and those hurt most by the recession, give tax breaks to the wealthy, and add to the unemployment by reducing the size of government. I seriously doubt that even a Republican congress would dare to embark on such a program.

Historical Unemployment Rates in the United States
For Job Losses, No Sign That Worst Is Over - NYTimes.com
Bank Failure Rate Quickens Through January 2009
http://www.cato.org/special/stimulus09/cato_stimulus.pdf
CBO: Jobs Created and Saved By Stimulus Cost At Minimum An Average of $228,055 Each | CNSnews.com

February 09 the unemployment rate was 8.2%. That was the lowest it's been since.
The recession was largely over by the time Obama got into office. the stimulus was the biggest waste of money in history.

Hey Patrick!

You guys tried that in November and it didn't work. How did the "anybody can beat Harry Reid" work out?

No knowlegeable person said that. Reid has all the chief nevada interests, notably gambling, all locked up.

You think you can run one of those dull, second rate GOP conteders against Obama and actually win? Have you actually heard these guys?

A lot of people nobody ever heard of - tea partiers who've never even been in politics, took over the House in 2010, and would have taken over the senate - leftwingers were REALLY lucky that only a third of the senators were up for re-election.

Yeah, right, look how he won. :D It's obvious why leftwingers want a RINO candidate - no matter how the election comes out - they get a liberal. Sorry, we've been there, done that - won't happen again.

Apparently, Romney supports Obama for president.

Romney, the front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, was taking questions from the crowd after a talk at the state fair when the heated exchange broke out over whether the wealthy should pay more into Social Security.

"If you don't like my answer, you can vote for someone else," Romney said as the hecklers repeatedly interrupted him with shouts. "I'm not going to raise taxes, that's my answer. If you want someone who will raise taxes, vote for Barack Obama."

Romney was visiting the state fair before participating in a Thursday night debate with seven other Republican presidential contenders.

U.S. Republican Romney spars with hecklers in Iowa | Reuters

No knowlegeable person said that. Reid has all the chief nevada interests, notably gambling, all locked up.

A lot of people nobody ever heard of - tea partiers who've never even been in politics, took over the House in 2010, and would have taken over the senate - leftwingers were REALLY lucky that only a third of the senators were up for re-election.

Yeah, right, look how he won. :D It's obvious why leftwingers want a RINO candidate - no matter how the election comes out - they get a liberal. Sorry, we've been there, done that - won't happen again.

You have two potential candidates. Romney and Perry. If you want to call them RINOs it's fine by me

Last edited:

You have to potential candidates. Romney and Perry. If you want to call them RINOs it's fine by me

Uh, we don't have just two candidates steel trap brain, and Romney certainly is a RINO. :rolleyes:

You have to potential candidates. Romney and Perry. If you want to call them RINOs it's fine by me

Uh, we don't have just two candidates steel trap brain, and Romney certainly is a RINO. :rolleyes:

Care to name them? Who else is electable? Bachmann?

So what will it be? It has to be something to distract people from the democrat economic disaster, and I'm guessing that will mean ramping up the defamation attacks, as eg were used on McCain in 2008. I don't think that'll work this time. But what else can they do?
Republicans THOUGHT they'd managed to doom/bankrupt Obama's Presidency, by forcing an extension of the Bush Tax-Cuts.....and, MOST veteran-Dems recognize that. At the end o' 2012, we'll (once, again) start paying-our-bills/paying-down our debt!! (....Despite the Republicans best-efforts to stick the Middle Class with all-the-bills.)

$HARED $ACRIFICE; the KEY to Obama's $ucce$$ful 2nd Term!!!!!

HAHAHA, yeah I hope he runs on SHARED SCRAFICE as he play golf every weekend, vacations every other week, I heard his birthday party last week was a REAL BLAST for the RICH and famous...go ahead Obama, run on SHARED SCRAFICE.:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back