Real Average Hourly Earnings in America are Dropping

(In the last paragraph of the link)

'From May 2017 to May 2018, real average hourly earnings decreased 0.1 percent, seasonally adjusted.'

Real Earnings S

'From May 2017 to May 2018, real average hourly earnings decreased 0.1 percent, seasonally adjusted.'

Real Earnings Summary

And this is from the government - the BLS.

Not good...to say the least.
"Real average hourly earnings were unchanged, seasonally adjusted, from May 2017 to May 2018.
Combined with a 0.3-percent increase in the average workweek, real average weekly earnings increased
by 0.3 percent over this period."

I hate dingbats.

You must hate yourself then.

Your stat is for ALL employees.

My stat is for all employees minus company supervisors like department heads, managers, executives, officers and superintendents.

https://www.bls.gov/ces/idcf/forme_sp.pdf

In other words, my stat applies to all those people who do the dirty work...your stat includes the higher ups.

Which stat is more applicable to the average American? Yours or mine?

Real Earnings Summary

OMG the sky is falling

And who said it was?

Now maybe explain to us now consumers are supposed to keep up with rising prices/inflation and expenses while real wages are dropping?

God you Trumpbots are idiots.

That means that people are losing purchasing power...you knucklehead.

Or I suppose you think that is a good thing.

What this country needs is more poorly skilled and poorly educated illegals that can't speak the language or understands how indoor plumbing works AND give amnesty to the 20 to 30 million illegals that are already here! That will fix the problem!

Why is there inflation? What causes it? I bet you haven't a clue.....prove me wrong.

'What is 'Inflation'
Inflation is the rate at which the general level of prices for goods and services is rising and, consequently, the purchasing power of currency is falling.'

Inflation

You stupid idiot...inflation is caused by numerous sources. There is no one cause. Your question is moronic.

Rising prices, rising wages, shortage of goods, a disaster/fear of impending disaster, falling currency value, too much money 'printing', rising interest rates, fear of rising interest rates, lack of faith in the economy and on and on can cause inflation.
There is no one, single cause....DUH.

Now answer your own moronic question...you (probably) senile Trumpbot troll.

Last edited:
0.1 %? Are you for real shit for brains? 0.1? Lord knows you must be a moron.

Yeah idiot.

That means that wages are falling in real terms.

They are supposed to be going the other way...DUH.

The last time wages dropped compared to inflation - the DOW nosedived 1000 points...it's a BIG deal you macroeconomic dumbass.

But why don't you explain to us all - using links to unbiased, factual proof to back up your claims - how real wages dropping over an entire year (while the economy is supposed to be 'booming') - is a good thing?

(this should be good for a laugh)
Well moron wages WILL go up as unemployment goes down. Competing for workers is what drives wages up.
And the average drops 0.1% and you say the sky is falling? You don't know the first thing about economics you fuckin retard. 0.1%? IDIOT.

Real Earnings S

Real Earnings Summary

"Real average hourly earnings were unchanged, seasonally adjusted, from May 2017 to May 2018.
Combined with a 0.3-percent increase in the average workweek, real average weekly earnings increased

I hate dingbats.

My stat is for all employees minus company supervisors like department heads, managers, executives, officers and superintendents.

In other words, my stat applies to all those people who do the dirty work...your stat includes the higher ups.

HIS you fucking tard HIS. You nrrow the scope to fit your unedcated racist agenda.
IDIOT.

Yeah idiot.

The last time wages dropped compared to inflation - the DOW nosedived 1000 points...it's a BIG deal you macroeconomic dumbass.

But why don't you explain to us all - using links to unbiased, factual proof to back up your claims - how real wages dropping over an entire year (while the economy is supposed to be 'booming') - is a good thing?

Well moron wages WILL go up as unemployent goes down. Competing for workers is what drives wages up.
The unemployment rate has fallen over the last 12 months...yet real wages have as well.
That blows that theory of yours COMPLETELY out of the water.

You are a macroeconomic retard...now you have shown it for all the world to see.

Oh...and my IQ (as tested by the government) is 125. Plus I have a BS in business. I am hardly a 'moron'. But if you want to post untruth's...go ahead.

Real Earnings S

Real Earnings Summary

I hate dingbats.

HIS you fucking tard HIS. You nrrow the scope to fit your unedcated racist agenda.
IDIOT.

So the average American is not in a non-supervisory position?

LOL...wow, you are as clueless as your theories are moronic.

Yeah idiot.

Well moron wages WILL go up as unemployent goes down. Competing for workers is what drives wages up.
The unemployment rate has fallen over the last 12 months...yet real wages have as well.

You are a macroeconomic retard...now you have shown it for all the world to see.
There is ALWAYS a wage lag and as pointed out to you by another member that lag DOES NOT EXIST.
You really are a different kind of stupid huh?

Yeah idiot.

There is ALWAYS a wage lag and as pointed out to you by another member that lag DOES NOT EXIST.

LOL...you are too funny.

First - I cannot be stupid, the government tested me at a 125 IQ.

Second -

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2008_2018_all_period_M05_data.gif

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

The unemployment rate has been dropping steadily for 8 years.

LOL...so, your 'theory' is that wages start to 'lag' when the unemployment rate drops for 8+ years?

LOL....keep trying to pull more nonsense out of your ass. You clearly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

You are making a fool of yourself and it is fun to watch.

Yeah idiot.

LOL...you are too funny.

Second -

LOL...so, your 'theory' is that wages start to 'lag' when the unemployment rate drops for 8+ years?

LOL....keep trying to pull more nonsense out of your ass. You clearly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

My IQ tested higher than Hawking, ask around idiot.

OMG the sky is falling

And who said it was?

Now maybe explain to us now consumers are supposed to keep up with rising prices and expenses while real wages are dropping?

God you Trumpbots are idiots...that means that people are losing purchasing power...you knucklehead.

At 0.1 % a year in ten years 1%.

And it may not ever go down again.

But feel free to hide in your safe place with hubby and cry.

I will ask again...who said we should panic?

2) Hear is a question that even someone as stupid as you can answer:

'Are real average wages falling good or bad for the consumer?'

Bad

Congratulations...there is hope for you yet.

That is all I was trying to say in the OP...that this data is bad for consumers.

We are done here.

Good day.

Are you done insulting me?

When the stock market goes down 0.1 % year over year it is bad for long investors.

Will you have a hissy fit post for that as well?

Real Earnings Summary

OMG the sky is falling

And who said it was?

Now maybe explain to us now consumers are supposed to keep up with rising prices/inflation and expenses while real wages are dropping?

What this country needs is more poorly skilled and poorly educated illegals that can't speak the language or understands how indoor plumbing works AND give amnesty to the 20 to 30 million illegals that are already here! That will fix the problem!

Why is there inflation? What causes it? I bet you haven't a clue.....prove me wrong.

'What is 'Inflation'
Inflation is the rate at which the general level of prices for goods and services is rising and, consequently, the purchasing power of currency is falling.'

Inflation

You stupid idiot...inflation is caused by numerous sources. There is no one cause. Your question is moronic.

Rising prices, rising wages, shortage of goods, a disaster/fear of impending disaster, falling currency value, too much money 'printing', rising interest rates, fear of rising interest rates, lack of faith in the economy and on and on can cause inflation.

Now answer your own moronic question...

No, there is but one cause, shock testing by creating artificial scarcities will cause certain items to rise in cost but people have the option of not using them or cutting back on the purchases of said items. Inflation is caused by dumping more scrip notes into the system in order to service the debt created by the extension of "credit" given by a central bank that isn't federal nor has any reserves thus the fiat currency has to expand exponentially in order to service the debt. The more there is of something, the less it is worth. Let's say there are 1,000 Pete Rose baseball cards in circulation and I possess 100 of them but then all of the sudden another 10,000 cards become available..are my cards worth more now or are they worth less? The federal reserve note of debt has lost 97 percent of it's purchasing power since our monetary system was given over by Woodrow Wilson and a quorum full of bought and paid for politicians that stayed behind during the Christmas break on December 23rd, 1913 and the cowards passed it with a "nay" or "yay" vote for plausible deniability.

The federal reserve note of debt has lost 97 percent of it's purchasing power since the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 AND that was the same year the 16th amendment was put in place in order to steal the wages of their debt slaves in order to pay interest on fiat currency created by an empty checkbook of the Fed. Questions????

Oh good, another simplistic partisan discussion on macroeconomics.

For those of us who have to take this shit seriously, one needs to dig a little deeper. For example:
  • This one figure takes CPI into account, and inflation was higher (about 2.9%) in large part due to spike in gasoline prices. If we're honest, we'll bring that important point up, and we may not point at one report as a significant sign.
  • Gross wage growth continues to accelerate, but it's definitely not high enough yet. We're around 2.8%, and we need a prolonged period of growth at least at 3.5% and more. No one knows if we'll get there.
  • Inflation is almost certainly going to be choppy for a while, so real wage growth won't be a reliable way to track what happens until we know more about gross wage growth.
  • There are many positive signs of wage growth pressure: Companies Can't Hold the Line on U.S. Wages Much Longer.
  • The damage of the 2008 Meltdown created more slack in the system (underemployment) than pretty much anyone predicted. We're seeing that coming to an end now, probably, mostly.
  • Early-year surveys of employers pegged expected wage growth at about 3%, which would just not be enough. On the positive side, employment growth has been a bit more dynamic than expected, particularly given the already-tightening job market.
  • Markets are waiting on wage growth, the Fed is waiting on wage growth, and neither is going to wait forever. My guess is that if we don't see solid growth numbers by fall, there may be trouble.
As much as the Left is hoping for worst, and as much as the Right is going to over-interpret any good news and ignore any bad news, this stuff is a lot more complicated than just one news story. The consensus, at this very moment in time, and subject to change, is that both economic and wage will continue to accelerate into mid to late 2019, and then we may see a slowdown.

As usual, it appears the only people with a perfectly clear economic crystal ball are wingers who use individual news stories as a partisan bludgeon.

Okay, back to the silly partisan slap fighting.

Last edited:
And wages are going to keep dropping as long as America keeps running on the broken capitalist system and the failed two party system.

It’s about time we had another revolution. The 99% needs to rise up.

Last edited:
Yeah idiot.

LOL...you are too funny.

Second -

LOL...one, I did not ask, nor care what your IQ is (though it is obviously pretty low).

Two...I see you dodged my trouncing of your pathetic (made up) theories.

I have wasted enough time on you...I will let others (who actually understand macroeconomics AND have an open mind) decide whether your 'theories' are anything more than gobbledegook.

Bu bye for now.

And wages are going to keep dropping as long America as keeps running on the broken capitalist system and the failed two party system.

It’s about time we had another revolution. It’s about time the 99% rise up.

And a big part of that is you left wingers and your green cards and promotion of criminal illegal aliens driving down wages and reducing jobs. your ilk are big promoters of capitalism and the two party system, and you're just as establishmentarian as Jeb Bush. It's hilarious how the so-called 'left' runs around pretending to be 'pro-labor n stuff', while cutting everybody's throats and dancing in the streets over doing it. lol you dorks aren't 'revolutionaries', not even close; you're just a bunch of violent racist scum, and you all work for the Democratic Party like good little hired thugs.

LOL...you are too funny.

Second -

LOL...one, I did not ask, nor care what your IQ is (though it is obviously pretty low).

Two...I see you dodged my trouncing of your pathetic (made up) theories.

I have wasted enough time on you...I will let others (who actually understand macroeconomics AND have an open mind) decide whether your 'theories' are anything more than gobbledegook.

Bu bye for now.
Dale Smith was nice enough to offer and TRY to educate your childish ass. But you just stick with your pre-programed horse shit spewing mind and maybe , just MAYBE you will last a month here McStupid.

Real Earnings Summary

OMG the sky is falling

And who said it was?

'What is 'Inflation'

Inflation

Now answer your own moronic question...

No, there is but one cause, shock testing by creating artificial scarcities will cause certain items to rise in cost but people have the option of not using them or cutting back on the purchases of said items. Inflation is caused by dumping more scrip notes into the system in order to service the debt created by the extension of "credit" given by a central bank that isn't federal nor has any reserves thus the fiat currency has to expand exponentially in order to service the debt. The more there is of something, the less it is worth. Let's say there are 1,000 Pete Rose baseball cards in circulation and I possess 100 of them but then all of the sudden another 10,000 cards become available..are my cards worth more now or are they worth less? The federal reserve note of debt has lost 97 percent of it's purchasing power since our monetary system was given over by Woodrow Wilson and a quorum full of bought and paid for politicians that stayed behind during the Christmas break on December 23rd, 1913 and the cowards passed it with a "nay" or "yay" vote for plausible deniability.

The federal reserve note of debt has lost 97 percent of it's purchasing power since the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 AND that was the same year the 16th amendment was put in place in order to steal the wages of their debt slaves in order to pay interest on fiat currency created by an empty checkbook of the Fed. Questions????

1) your (blathering) theory is not correct as THE ONLY means of inflation.
You are using the VERY old definition of inflation - which was basically to do with the value of currency.
That is not how the official inflation rate is devised.
This is how the CPI is calculated.
How Do I Calculate the Inflation Rate? | InflationData.com

2) if you are saying that the Fed stinks (I am not sure as you have a very round about, overly wordy way of speaking - trying your hand at Greenspan-talk, no doubt) - I agree 100% with you. If there is one cause above all others for the economic mess that has reared since 2001, it is the Federal Reserve.

Anyway, we are done here as I am not sure if you are just trolling or being serious.

Good day.

And wages are going to keep dropping as long as America keeps running on the broken capitalist system and the failed two party system.

It’s about time we had another revolution. The 99% needs to rise up.
Oh, your are one of those eat the rich morons. So AFTER you eat the rich then who idiot?
Your idiot idea is FAILING in Washingto, Oregon and California.

And wages are going to keep dropping as long America as keeps running on the broken capitalist system and the failed two party system.

It’s about time we had another revolution. It’s about time the 99% rise up.

And a big part of that is you left wingers and your green cards and promotion of criminal illegal aliens driving down wages and reducing jobs. your ilk are big promoters of capitalism and the two party system, and you're just as establishmentarian as Jeb Bush. It's hilarious how the so-called 'left' runs around pretending to be 'pro-labor n stuff', while cutting everybody's throats and dancing in the streets over doing it. lol you dorks aren't 'revolutionaries', not even close; you're just a bunch of violent racist scum, and you all work for the Democratic Party like good little hired thugs.

I find it funny how you conservatives can’t express yourselves without using middle school insults and profanities. Must be that Trump university education at work.

In my post I didn’t mention right or left. In my opinion both sides of government are pieces of shit. They’ve failed the American people. Republican and Democratic Party have both made a fortune off of the backs of the 99%.

They both need to be ousted from power.

Of course a revolution wouldn’t work if it’s just liberals or just conservative. Both sides would have to put their differences to the side and make America better.

Republicans and Democrats have done an excellent job pinning conservatives and liberals together. As long as the people are divided they can continue to fuck us over.

Forum List

Back