Reagan Was Against Open Carry

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
The revisionism sure is fun, eh conservatives?

The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill which repealed a law allowing public carrying of loaded firearms. Named after Republican assemblyman Don Mulford, the bill was crafted in response to members of the Black Panther party conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods while conducting what would later be termed copwatching. They garnered national attention after the Black Panthers marched bearing arms upon the California State Capitol to[/COLOR] protest the bill.[1][2]

Republicans in California supported increased gun control. California Governor Ronald Reagan was present when the protesters arrived and later commented that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.” and that guns were a “ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.” In a later press conference, Reagan added that the Mulford Act “would work no hardship on the honest citizen.”[3]

The bill was signed by Governor Ronald Reagan and became California penal code25850and171c.

Reagan was against a great deal of what today's Republicans stand for. The GOP has gone off the rails and desperately needs to get their act together.

The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill which repealed a law allowing public carrying of loaded firearms. Named after Republican assemblyman Don Mulford, the bill was crafted in response to members of the Black Panther party conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods while conducting what would later be termed copwatching. They garnered national attention after the Black Panthers marched bearing arms upon the California State Capitol to[/COLOR] protest the bill.[1][2]

Republicans in California supported increased gun control. California Governor Ronald Reagan was present when the protesters arrived and later commented that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.” and that guns were a “ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.” In a later press conference, Reagan added that the Mulford Act “would work no hardship on the honest citizen.”[3]

The bill was signed by Governor Ronald Reagan and became California penal code25850and171c.

Yeah Butt....."Carrying While Black" can be lumped in with lots of other activities that many perceive differently when conducted by Black people. By the way, Reagan is famous in most of the world for having a post mortem sainthood far in excess of reality in this life.
Couple of examples;

goc0mv3halkrb1rw4pq0mnsqmb7hudqwvmiwdgzzsnkkm2abmcidofxud5of1mgs.jpg

images

I'll mention that the rich enjoyed a fifty percent drop in their taxes from the glory years of the American economy when the middle class was empowered and individuals truly had the American Dream within their reach. So if that, along with the beginning of the destruction of unions is reason for sainthood, blessed be Reagan.

The right to protect me and mine doesn't come from a benevolent foreign owned corporate "gubermint" that passes acts, statutes and codes nor does it come from one that benevolently bestows "privileges" upon the serfs and can take them away at their whim. My right to exist comes from a much higher power....not at the behest of a "gubermint".....or a communist POS like you that believes the collective is the end all be all...get it now?

Huh. Very intresting.

I think Reagan was for the Brady Bill. But I don't remember that well

He actually wrote a New York Times article titled "Why I'm For The Brady Bill". Understandable considering he was shot the same time Brady was.

Why I'm for the Brady Bill
John Hinckley's parents were thicker than thieves with George H Bush.....and who was the VP at that time when Reagan was shot???.....just a coincidence....move along folks....nothing to see here.

The right to protect me and mine doesn't come from a benevolent foreign owned corporate "gubermint" that passes acts, statutes and codes nor does it come from one that benevolently bestows "privileges" upon the serfs and can take them away at their whim. My right to exist comes from a much higher power....not at the behest of a "gubermint".....or a communist POS like you that believes the collective is the end all be all...get it now?
This thread isn't about your delusions, dope. Get lost.

Reagan was against a great deal of what today's Republicans stand for. The GOP has gone off the rails and desperately needs to get their act together.

I left the Republican Party after more than 25 years due to the lunacy of the far right which has completely taken over the party.

Let me get this straight, you're saying that Reagan, who opposed Right to Carry, was "a communist POS"?

Reagan was(at least I believe so) the only president to grant amnesty to 3 million illegals, which has successful turned California, New york and most of the solid blue states we have today into democratic strong holds. It is funny how the republicans praise this man. The guy also raised taxes and ran like a chicken shit from Lebanon after 300 marines got killed.

What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" do the total fucking asshole piece of shit motherfuckers in the USA fail to comprehend?

They are all a bunch of dumbasses.

NO HE DITTANT!!!!!

But, But, But.... He was the best conservative president in history!!!!!

He couldn't have been a democrat!!! He just couldn't!!!!

:sad:

The tea parties idea of what is a conservative is a view of America before the 20th century. Pretty much, lets not learn a single fucking thing in the last two centuries, lets just live n the 18th century.

NO HE DITTANT!!!!!

But, But, But.... He was the best conservative president in history!!!!!

He couldn't have been a democrat!!! He just couldn't!!!!

:sad:

The tea parties idea of what is a conservative is a view of America before the 20th century. Pretty much, lets not learn a single fucking thing in the last two centuries, lets just live n the 18th century.

Ya.. except there was nobody like the Koch brothers to fund the dudes that started the country.

If they ever actually thought about how hard it was to do ANYTHING in the 17 hundreds.

Those "good old days" were REALLY...bust your ass all day for nothing days. Before the telegraph it took weeks and sometimes months to send a letter 100 miles.

It is amusing to see people insist that words and concepts totally of human origin somehow have the equivalence of the laws of physics.

Forum List

Back