RCP electoral map: Obama 201, Romney 191

Well, there's this:

Here Come the Other States

by Dick Morris @ Here Come the Other States | Right Wing News

While all national attention is focused — indeed riveted — on the seven to nine swing or battleground states, a major shift is taking place in the rest of the country: Voters are turning from President Obama and to Mitt Romney.

In the forty states where the Obama campaign has not spread toxic negative ads against Romney, the Republican is gaining by leaps and bounds and will likely carry a bunch of non-swing, normally blue states. Specifically, Romney is now three points ahead in Pennsylvania, one point behind in Michigan, and only two points behind in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Together, these four states have a cache of 56 electoral votes and are the tail that may wag the dog on Nov. 6th.

While Romney looks to be solidly ahead in Florida, Virginia, Iowa and Colorado, the race in Nevada, Ohio and New Hampshire continues to be nip and tuck with the two candidates tied or within a point of one another.

Enter the Romney flank attack, circling around these battleground states to attack the soft underbelly of undefended Democratic states.

Indeed, the situation is so fluid in the Democratic states that there is increasing evidence that several blue bastions states are borderline in play with Obama under 50 percent of the vote. In New Jersey, Neighborhood Research has Obama up by only 48-41. In Oregon, Survey USA has the president leading by only 49-42.

With the undecided vote likely to go overwhelmingly against the president, we may see some strange states turning red on election day.

While I still believe, Romney will carry Ohio, New Hampshire and Nevada, he may do even better in Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Won’t that be a kick.

:clap2::clap2:

Dick Morris is right there with Laurence O'Donnell as a weird writer. Careful with this. He's a homer, and he is paid to be one.

PA and MI and NV will remain blue. NH, IA, WI, and OH are in play. If Romney can take NH and OH, he wins.

Don't be surprised, JoeB, if VA and FL go right along with NC and MO into the Romney column.

The election will be decided in order of importance: OH, WI, IA.

I think they are fifty-fifty either way.

That Romney is even worrying about MO is kind of telling.

(Then again, they used to shoot Mormons in that state in the good old days.)

I think after tomorrow nights debate, when they call Romney on his warmongering, any mother of a teenage boy is going to be really seriously thinking twice about voting for him.

[

Sorry, Nate doesn't impress me... He still thinks 2008 turnout predictions for this year are accurate...:lol:

The south will be Red this year... Looking like PA and WI have a serious shot at turning Red... NH too...

Lot's of democratics will be crying rivers of tears, wondering how their polls could be so wrong...

I'll be looking for the 5 stages of grief and pointing out each one... :thup:

Nate got 49 out of 50 right in 2008.

And frankly, I haven't seen anything to really indicate that Romney is going to improve on McCains numbers.

I voted for McCain in 2008.

I won't vote for Romney.

I haven't talked to an Obama voter yet who has told me he is voting for Romney this time.

Sorry, Nate doesn't impress me... He still thinks 2008 turnout predictions for this year are accurate...:lol:

The south will be Red this year... Looking like PA and WI have a serious shot at turning Red... NH too...

Lot's of democratics will be crying rivers of tears, wondering how their polls could be so wrong...

That was then... This is now...

And frankly, I haven't seen anything to really indicate that Romney is going to improve on McCains numbers.
Then you haven't really been paying attention... No surprise there...

Yeah, right...:lol:

I won't vote for Romney.

I haven't talked to an Obama voter yet who has told me he is voting for Romney this time.
Then you don't know any Reagan Democrats... No Blue Dogs... Seems you run in liberal circles, Joey...

Stock up on tissues... You're gonna need them...

I come from the SW side of Chicago, the area that ORIGINATED the term "Reagan Democrat".

Fact is, Reagan Democrats don't exist so much anymore. They bailed when the GOP took the side of multi-national corporations against over working people.

And, yes, I did vote for McCain in 2008. Mostly because he wasn't Romney.

Despite all the things the GOP has done wrong in the last decade, I was kind of hoping they wouldn't nominate Romney and get a guy who got it.

They didn't. And all the money the Koch brothers can throw out there won't make Romney a decent human being.

Well, there's this:

Here Come the Other States

by Dick Morris @ Here Come the Other States | Right Wing News

While all national attention is focused — indeed riveted — on the seven to nine swing or battleground states, a major shift is taking place in the rest of the country: Voters are turning from President Obama and to Mitt Romney.

In the forty states where the Obama campaign has not spread toxic negative ads against Romney, the Republican is gaining by leaps and bounds and will likely carry a bunch of non-swing, normally blue states. Specifically, Romney is now three points ahead in Pennsylvania, one point behind in Michigan, and only two points behind in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Together, these four states have a cache of 56 electoral votes and are the tail that may wag the dog on Nov. 6th.

While Romney looks to be solidly ahead in Florida, Virginia, Iowa and Colorado, the race in Nevada, Ohio and New Hampshire continues to be nip and tuck with the two candidates tied or within a point of one another.

Enter the Romney flank attack, circling around these battleground states to attack the soft underbelly of undefended Democratic states.

Indeed, the situation is so fluid in the Democratic states that there is increasing evidence that several blue bastions states are borderline in play with Obama under 50 percent of the vote. In New Jersey, Neighborhood Research has Obama up by only 48-41. In Oregon, Survey USA has the president leading by only 49-42.

With the undecided vote likely to go overwhelmingly against the president, we may see some strange states turning red on election day.

While I still believe, Romney will carry Ohio, New Hampshire and Nevada, he may do even better in Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Won’t that be a kick.

:clap2::clap2:
so dick morris think it might be a landslide for romney. hope not but we see.

[

I won't vote for Romney.

well hope your right but polls not improved from yesterday. gallup still show massive lead for romney and nbc poll shows a tie.

obama got to peform well in thrid debate or it looking bleak man

Dr. H is too glib for MR, JoeB is too soft on Romney. The debate tomorrow night, along with OH, will decide this election.

Dick Morris is right there with Laurence O'Donnell as a weird writer. Careful with this. He's a homer, and he is paid to be one.

PA and MI and NV will remain blue. NH, IA, WI, and OH are in play. If Romney can take NH and OH, he wins.
romney does not need nh , if he wins co and ohio.

for me ohio is big state. obama has to win their . has to win midwest states of ohio,pa,mi,nev and wi. think should get pa, mi and nev but wi and ohio i worry i heading toward romney.

Dr. H is too glib for MR, JoeB is too soft on Romney. The debate tomorrow night, along with OH, will decide this election.
i think President under more pressure monday night. he must peform well and deal with librya and iran issues well.

if he underpeforms, well i start feeing less hopeful. I am worried about monday.

Romney Takes Electoral College Lead

Since the debate on Tuesday, which many analysts ceded to President Obama, mainly on strength of his having shown, the term comeback kid has been getting play among liberal pundits. Yet, this afternoon’s Real Clear Politics Electoral Map suggests goaway kid (or maybe just, “Go away, kid!”) is a more fitting description.​
The map for the first time gives challenger Mitt Romney a lead of 206 to 201 over Obama in Electoral College votes. Strikingly, the map has Florida (with 29 Electoral votes), Michigan (with 16), Ohio (with 18), Pennsylvania (with 20), Virginia (with 13), and Wisconsin (with 10) all in the toss-up column. In addition, North Carolina, with its 15 Electoral votes, has moved from toss-up to “lean Romney.”​
:woohoo:

WI, PA, and MI are Obama's. No worries.
well hope so. but he must win ohio to win really. can not win without it deep down

Hey Jake, when you decide which side you are trolling, let us know, 'kay?

Romney has never had a good day on foreign affairs. It's just not his area of expertise.

His advisors are all the old Bush hands.

Come on, this is the guy who took what was supposed to be a foreign affairs cakewalk and turned it into a fiasco.

well hope your right but polls not improved from yesterday. gallup still show massive lead for romney and nbc poll shows a tie.

obama got to peform well in thrid debate or it looking bleak man

Don't read too much into Gallup. They are notorious for these wide swings and weird data.

IDB's latest has Obama up by 6...
i hope idb poll more right . what annoys me with nbc poll is obama ahead with reg voter but not lk. so message is to obama team is get your turn out.

get your turn out, get your turn out. can not repeat this enough. they got to tell dems and people to go out and vote. work on this 24/7 as gop machine is doing it every second of the day with their base in swing states

Forum List

Back