RCMP head Bob Paulson tripped up by speeding ticket tale

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Nothing like a good story to illustrate just how unaccountable and arrogant you are. Get off of a speeding ticket because you are the boss, nice to know. Thankfully he is gone at the end of June, as is the rat bast.ard from CSIS Coulombe. Unfortunately, the obese conman Vince Hakwes will still be terrorising Ontario with a bright, taxpayer paid for smile, as jurisdiction after jurisdiction is bankrupted.

I've always suggested that Canada inquire about outsourcing our policing to the FBI. Comey and his agency put Canadian police to shame, in character, accountable and successes. Notice how Little Bobby changes his story to "something I made up".

Speeding ticket tale trips up RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson

It was meant as a bit of a throwaway line to a lunchtime crowd of board of trade types gathered in a Vancouver ballroom to listen to the country's top cop.

RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson was there to discuss national security in the wake of the Brussels bombing, and also what progress he was making on curtailing harassment and weeding out members who have sullied the force's reputation.

In a lighter moment, he was asked by a member of the audience, when was the last time he had written a traffic ticket to anyone.

Instead of answering the question, the commissioner went on a "bon mot" diversion.

He talked about speeding down B.C.'s Coquihalla Highway with some family members last year and being pulled over by an RCMP officer.

Paulson got some laughs when he mimicked the horrified reaction of the officer who suddenly realized he had just pulled over the big boss and who now faced the decision of whether or not to issue him a ticket.

The tell though, came when the moderator said he wouldn't ask about the dollar value of the ticket. Paulson's expression went from a broad grin to "oh-oh" in a flash, as he seemed to realize he had stepped in it.

But the commissioner was soon back on message track, reassuring the audience the RCMP was in good hands, that harassment, favouritism, and other sins of the past were being dealt with in a firm but fair way.

Paulson, to his credit, seems to enjoy being in front of an audience, delivering his lengthy address off-the-cuff and in a more entertaining fashion than many Ottawa denizens. And the audience seemed to like a cop who didn't speak like a walking news release.

Funny story, tough scrum
Later, talking to reporters, Paulson was clearly not pleased when the speeding incident came up.

At first, he said, "Aw, it was just a story I made up." Pressed further, he changed course, saying, "No, I don't want to talk about that. I do not want to talk about that."

Forum List

Back